Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Great new recipe

B-B-Q Corned beef

Instructions

Place corned beef in large pot
Fill with water
Put on medium heat
Forget all about it
When kitchen fills with smoke, it's done

Yum Yum :-)

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"RodS" > wrote in message
> B-B-Q Corned beef
>
> Instructions
>
> Place corned beef in large pot
> Fill with water
> Put on medium heat
> Forget all about it
> When kitchen fills with smoke, it's done
>
> Yum Yum :-)

I once did that with Chayote. Got to buy a new set of pans!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I had BBq'ed hard boiled eggs the other day.

"RodS" > wrote in message
> B-B-Q Corned beef
>
> Instructions
>
> Place corned beef in large pot
> Fill with water
> Put on medium heat
> Forget all about it
> When kitchen fills with smoke, it's done
>
> Yum Yum :-)
>
> (- -)
> =m=(_)=m=
> RodS T2
> Australia

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ozgirl wrote:
> I had BBq'ed hard boiled eggs the other day.

Did they taste as good as my corned beef ?
(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia

> "RodS" > wrote in message
>> B-B-Q Corned beef
>>
>> Instructions
>>
>> Place corned beef in large pot
>> Fill with water
>> Put on medium heat
>> Forget all about it
>> When kitchen fills with smoke, it's done
>>
>> Yum Yum :-)
>>
>> (- -)
>> =m=(_)=m=
>> RodS T2
>> Australia

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"RodS" > wrote in message

> Ozgirl wrote:
>> I had BBq'ed hard boiled eggs the other day.
>>

> Did they taste as good as my corned beef ?

Yes and I bet they made more mess Egg shell missiles!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Saw on martha stewart show the way to make perfect hard boiled eggs is to
put the eggs in water bring to a boil and cover with a lid and turn stove
off and set timer for 13 minutes and remove when it goes off.
Dunno if thats true but ill give a go and see as you made me hungry for
eggs..lol.

KROM

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "RodS" > wrote in message
>>

>> Ozgirl wrote:
>>> I had BBq'ed hard boiled eggs the other day.
>>>

>> Did they taste as good as my corned beef ?

> Yes and I bet they made more mess Egg shell missiles!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote in message
> Saw on martha stewart show the way to make perfect hard boiled eggs is to
> put the eggs in water bring to a boil and cover with a lid and turn stove
> off and set timer for 13 minutes and remove when it goes off.
> Dunno if thats true but ill give a go and see as you made me hungry for
> eggs..lol.

Just don't try 25 minutes...

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I baked a potato in the microwave this way once. I had meant to press
5:55 but had pressed 55:55 instead, then I got engrossed in something
and just forgot about it until I smelled something funny, went running
into the kitchen and saw flames shooting out of the microwave.

Funny thing is, while I never got all the burn marks out, the microwave
has been going fine since - and it's been 6 years. It's been doing much
better on a low-carb diet; potatoes spike my microwave.

--
http://www.ornery-geeks.org/consulting/
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jackie Patti" > wrote in message
>I baked a potato in the microwave this way once. I had meant to press 5:55
>but had pressed 55:55 instead, then I got engrossed in something and just
>forgot about it until I smelled something funny, went running into the
>kitchen and saw flames shooting out of the microwave.
>
> Funny thing is, while I never got all the burn marks out, the microwave
> has been going fine since - and it's been 6 years. It's been doing much
> better on a low-carb diet; potatoes spike my microwave.

lol

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Well the key words are turn stove off and let sit covered 13 mins...lol

KROM

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "krom" > wrote in message
>> Saw on martha stewart show the way to make perfect hard boiled eggs is to
>> put the eggs in water bring to a boil and cover with a lid and turn stove
>> off and set timer for 13 minutes and remove when it goes off.
>> Dunno if thats true but ill give a go and see as you made me hungry for
>> eggs..lol.

> Just don't try 25 minutes...

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"krom" > wrote in message
> Saw on martha stewart show the way to make perfect hard boiled eggs is to
> put the eggs in water bring to a boil and cover with a lid and turn stove
> off and set timer for 13 minutes and remove when it goes off.
> Dunno if thats true but ill give a go and see as you made me hungry for
> eggs..lol.
>
> KROM

Julia Child recommended letting the eggs sit in the water for 17 minutes, I
think. That's how I do mine and they come out great. Never have to worry
about BBQing them that way!

--
Liz

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Elizabeth Blake" > wrote:

> "krom" > wrote in message
> > Saw on martha stewart show the way to make perfect hard boiled eggs is to
> > put the eggs in water bring to a boil and cover with a lid and turn stove
> > off and set timer for 13 minutes and remove when it goes off.
> > Dunno if thats true but ill give a go and see as you made me hungry for
> > eggs..lol.
> >
> > KROM

> Julia Child recommended letting the eggs sit in the water for 17 minutes, I
> think. That's how I do mine and they come out great. Never have to worry
> about BBQing them that way!
>
> --
> Liz

I don't get it. If I don't leave them a full half hour, the yolks aren't
cooked through.

--
"[xxx] has very definite opinions, and does not suffer fools lightly.
This, apparently, upsets the fools."
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Alice Faber" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Elizabeth Blake" > wrote:
>
>> "krom" > wrote in message
>> > Saw on martha stewart show the way to make perfect hard boiled eggs is
>> > put the eggs in water bring to a boil and cover with a lid and turn
>> > stove
>> > off and set timer for 13 minutes and remove when it goes off.
>> > Dunno if thats true but ill give a go and see as you made me hungry for
>> > eggs..lol.
>> >
>> > KROM

>> Julia Child recommended letting the eggs sit in the water for 17 minutes,
>> think. That's how I do mine and they come out great. Never have to
>> worry
>> about BBQing them that way!
>>
>> --
>> Liz

> I don't get it. If I don't leave them a full half hour, the yolks aren't
> cooked through.

Yet for me, 5 minutes after the boil and mine are hard.

Any great recipe spellbindguy Preserving 0 29-07-2011 04:50 PM
great recipe mdoggy39 Diabetic 17 30-03-2011 11:59 AM
great recipe [email protected] Vegan 0 19-10-2006 03:19 PM
REC - Yet Another Great Pie Recipe Damsel General Cooking 0 10-10-2005 09:30 PM
Great rib recipe TAF Barbecue 3 12-01-2004 06:44 PM