runningdoe 58

Default please help

i have an employee that has diabetes
she went to the doctor and she said that angie has ketone something
angie does not eat properly...anyway..i have no knowledge of diabetes
but i wanted some of your all time favorite dessert recipes......
angie is in her early 20's and i would love to be able to share some
very good recipes with her
thanks in advance for your help
you can send the recipes to if you would like...i
will try and stop here and check the posts later
have a good day everyone
patsy

Julie Bove

"runningdoe 58" > wrote in message
> i have an employee that has diabetes
> she went to the doctor and she said that angie has ketone something
> angie does not eat properly...anyway..i have no knowledge of diabetes
> but i wanted some of your all time favorite dessert recipes......
> angie is in her early 20's and i would love to be able to share some
> very good recipes with her
> thanks in advance for your help
> you can send the recipes to if you would like...i
> will try and stop here and check the posts later
> have a good day everyone

If she's not eating properly, then eating desserts isn't going to help her.
If she is in her early 20s, then she probably has type 1 diabetes. If so,
she uses insulin and she may be able to eat a more liberal diet than some of
us with type 2 do. Unfortunately, there is no one diet that we all follow.
So unless we know what type of diet she is supposed to be on, we can't be of
much help with the recipes. Personally, dessert is something I very rarely
eat. When I do eat it, it's usually just a bite and of some kind of real
food. I find that diabetic desserts leave a lot to be desired and most of
them are really no better for us than the real stuff since it is carbs we
must watch and not sugar.

As for the ketones, that probably means that her BG (blood glucose) is too
high. That can come about because she is eating too many carbs, not using
enough insulin, or simply not using the insulin properly. I can't help you
with the insulin since I am type 2 and don't use it. Perhaps she needs to
see a dietician and/or take a diabetes education class? Hard to say since I
don't know what all the issues are.
--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/