Vicki Beausoleil

Default Cucumber, Black Bean and Mango Salad

Posted in rec.food.recipes today.

Cucumber, Mango and Black Bean Salad
Cynthia DePersio

Mangoes and black beans are high in nutrient-dense carbs and fiber, so
we
added cucumber to reduce the overall carb count. This salad would make a
great accompaniment to any grilled food.

1 seedless cucumber, washed and cut into 1/2" dice
1/2 of 1 medium mango, cut into 1/3" dice
1/2 cup drained and rinsed black beans
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped

In a large bowl, toss all ingredients. Let stand 10 minutes for flavors
to blend.

--
Vicki's calculations with MasterCook (calculated using a regular cuke):
Per recipe: 291 Cal, 62 g carbohydrate 12 g fiber.

Vicki

Vicki
Julie Bove

"Vicki Beausoleil" > wrote in message
> Posted in rec.food.recipes today.
>

> Cucumber, Mango and Black Bean Salad
> Cynthia DePersio
>
> Mangoes and black beans are high in nutrient-dense carbs and fiber, so
> we
> added cucumber to reduce the overall carb count. This salad would make a
> great accompaniment to any grilled food.
>
> 1 seedless cucumber, washed and cut into 1/2" dice
> 1/2 of 1 medium mango, cut into 1/3" dice
> 1/2 cup drained and rinsed black beans
> 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
> 2 tablespoons orange juice
> 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
> 3/4 teaspoon salt
> 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
>
> In a large bowl, toss all ingredients. Let stand 10 minutes for flavors
> to blend.
>
> --
> Vicki's calculations with MasterCook (calculated using a regular cuke):
> Per recipe: 291 Cal, 62 g carbohydrate 12 g fiber.
> Assuming this is 4 servings, it's not unmanageable. Adding more cucumber
> would increase the portion size or decrease the carb content. I'd use 2
> cukes.

Sounds good except for the mango. I hate mango! I would probably add some
chopped tomato and onion, and leave out the OJ.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Richard Bollar

Perhaps it would be best if you listed the foods that you like so that we
won't make the mistake of posting recipes you don't like? <g>

--
T2, A1c 5.1%

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> Sounds good except for the mango. I hate mango! I would probably add
> some
> chopped tomato and onion, and leave out the OJ.
>
> --
> Type 2
> http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Julie Bove

"Richard Bollar" > wrote in message
news
> Perhaps it would be best if you listed the foods that you like so that we
> won't make the mistake of posting recipes you don't like? <g>

Hehehe. I actually dislike a lot more foods than I like. So the list would
be a short one.
--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Tiger Lily

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Richard Bollar" <> wrote in message.com...
> > Perhaps it would be best if you listed the foods that you like so that

we
> > won't make the mistake of posting recipes you don't like? <g>

> Hehehe. I actually dislike a lot more foods than I like. So the list

would
> be a short one.

bwha ha ha...... too funny!