Peter Watson

Default recipe help

G'day all.... I was diagnosed with T2 last year about June I think,
pannicked a bit, gave everything up, lost weight, though not enough yet,
started swimming, riding bikes etc etc. The fact is that I am a gourmet
food manufacturer in Oz and we do foods for the top end of town..
condiments, marinades etc etc, and you guesed it, I'm the cook. This has
lead me down a path that I am keen to explore... the point is that I
went into a couple of markets and tried some of the diabetic product and
it was yuk yuk yuk. I'm told that some good commercial products do
exist, I've yet to see em. I got in contact with the makers of all the
non sugar sweeteners to get all the info possible and the intention is
to make a small range... say six at most, of products for the diabetic
community and me. I was thinking of a marinade, a vinaigrette, a couple
of saucesm a jam or two and maybe a condiment. I wonder if anyone has
recipes they have used or hints they may be keen to share. Please accept
that I am a commercial manufacturer and I will be doing some product, so
if this offends you... don't reply.

Thanks anyway

Peter/Melbourne Australia

Alan

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 18:59:07 +1100, Peter Watson
> wrote:

>G'day all.... I was diagnosed with T2 last year about June I think,
>pannicked a bit, gave everything up, lost weight, though not enough yet,
>started swimming, riding bikes etc etc. The fact is that I am a gourmet
>food manufacturer in Oz and we do foods for the top end of town..
>condiments, marinades etc etc, and you guesed it, I'm the cook. This has
>lead me down a path that I am keen to explore... the point is that I
>went into a couple of markets and tried some of the diabetic product and
>it was yuk yuk yuk. I'm told that some good commercial products do
>exist, I've yet to see em. I got in contact with the makers of all the
>non sugar sweeteners to get all the info possible and the intention is
>to make a small range... say six at most, of products for the diabetic
>community and me. I was thinking of a marinade, a vinaigrette, a couple
>of saucesm a jam or two and maybe a condiment. I wonder if anyone has
>recipes they have used or hints they may be keen to share. Please accept
>that I am a commercial manufacturer and I will be doing some product, so
>if this offends you... don't reply.
>
>Thanks anyway
>
>Peter/Melbourne Australia

I'm not offended, just a wee bit cynical nowadays.

About June you think?

Boyoboy, for most of us, the exact date is engraved in our memory.

Which restaurant?

I'll give the benefit of the doubt here. But if you want to build a
little credibility come over to alt.support.diabetes so we can meet
properly, about T2 rather than sales and recipes.

Then, once we get to know you, we might talk on recipes.

I don't think you'll think mine are gourmet, but I'll expect an enormous
commission if I come across them at Xmas in Melbourne.

Cheers, Alan, T2 d&e, Australia.
Phil

Dear Peter,
I really hope you make a success of your venture. If you sell by mail order
to the U.K. I want to be on your mailing list.
Good luck,
Phil

Julie Bove

"Peter Watson" > wrote in message
> G'day all.... I was diagnosed with T2 last year about June I think,
> pannicked a bit, gave everything up, lost weight, though not enough yet,
> started swimming, riding bikes etc etc. The fact is that I am a gourmet
> food manufacturer in Oz and we do foods for the top end of town..
> condiments, marinades etc etc, and you guesed it, I'm the cook. This has
> lead me down a path that I am keen to explore... the point is that I
> went into a couple of markets and tried some of the diabetic product and
> it was yuk yuk yuk. I'm told that some good commercial products do
> exist, I've yet to see em. I got in contact with the makers of all the
> non sugar sweeteners to get all the info possible and the intention is
> to make a small range... say six at most, of products for the diabetic
> community and me. I was thinking of a marinade, a vinaigrette, a couple
> of saucesm a jam or two and maybe a condiment. I wonder if anyone has
> recipes they have used or hints they may be keen to share. Please accept
> that I am a commercial manufacturer and I will be doing some product, so
> if this offends you... don't reply.

Here in the US, we have such products in most grocery stores. Some are
good, some are terrible. I generally just buy regular foods. I'm not a big
meat eater, so I don't do marinades and I don't eat salad dressing. I do
buy a fruit spread sweetened with Splenda, but I eat just a tiny dab of it
on a peanut butter sandwich occasionally.

I am curious though as to why you might want our recipes if indeed you are a
major manufacturer. Surely the recipes we'd have would be on a small scale.
And I've gathered from the many cooking shows that I've seen that you can
usually double or possibly even triple a recipe. But once you start going
beyond that, you can't simply increase the proportions of things because it
won't come out right.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Peter Watson

We are a small manufacturer in Melbourne Australia and batch in say 100
kilo lots max. Most of what we do is adapted from domestic recipes that
I have cooked over the years.

Peter Watson