Mike

Default I'm the owner and designer of dia-log, please read

Hi Everyone,

I'm the owner and creator of this dia-log.com. Just to put everyone's
worries aside and reply to some of the questions posted, I'm a
diabetic and designed the site for personal use. I do
not sell information, I do not solicit any money. I designed the
site to
help people track their data and help manage there lifestyle. I'm
listed on
Mendosa.com, and many other popular sites.

I started this site about 5 years ago, with the sole intention of
helping
everyone for free. My intention of posting this is to inform
individuals
that the site exists. Due to the fact that it is financed by me and
want to
keep this site free, sometimes the only way to get the word out is by
alternative media like the newsgroups.

Please feel free to email me with any of your concerns. If you wish
to mark
this a SPAM, it would be unfortunate as it would prohibit the
helpfulness
it will provide the diabetic.

Yes, imagine this, the site will always be Free of charge and no
information
will EVER get sold. Please enjoy the site, offer feedback, or choose
ignore this post.

Mike Boeselager

www.dia-log.com
Owner
Peter W. Rowe

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 09:31:29 +0000, in misc.health.diabetes Pete
> wrote:

>>Now to me it seems that nobody goes to the trouble and
>>expense of developing a site and then offering it for free
>>to a specific group of people for just purely academic
>>reasons.=20

Pete,

You're way too cynical. There ARE indeed people in this world with a bit=
generosity and willingness to do good things for the world without =
getting paid.
Can't you just accept that this might be so?

I'm another example, though in a different manner. For the last seven =
years
I've been the moderator of an unrelated usenet newsgroup =
(rec.crafts.jewelry).
That is a totally volunteer activity, done only for the good of the =
jewelry
craftspeople who find use in the site. I get no money for it, and spend
anywhere from a half hour to an hour a day doing this, as well as having =
spend money for the additional internet access requirements required. =
Nobody
pays me for this, though some take the time to say thank you. For me, =
that's
enough.

The world happens to have a lot of folks in it for just the money no =
matter what
they do, and we all need to be careful not to be taken for a ride. And =
in this
case, no doubt your worries about unsecured data in someone elses control=
is
worth worrying about. (though what in the world someone else could =
possibly do
with a record of your blood sugars and diet habits, or the like, escapes =
me).
But please try to seperate that valid security concern with your cynical
assumption that the dialog site must automatically be a scam. If you =
don't like
it, fine. Don't use it. Leave it at that. The guy tells us he's doing =
it for
free, and I find nothing there that would cause me to not take him at his=
word
and say thanks. It's a nice thing to do.

Peter Rowe

Pizzaria owner arrested... Michel Boucher[_3_] General Cooking 1 03-03-2011 01:04 PM
TO Owner this group Rob Spin General Cooking 119 14-03-2008 01:48 PM
A Business Owner OL'Hippie Barbecue 0 12-07-2006 02:51 AM
designer tap water. paula General Cooking 52 23-03-2004 03:40 PM
New UK WSM owner requests help...with meat. David Barbecue 2 01-03-2004 08:39 PM