Default Quesadillas

QUESADILLAS: Complete lunch with a nice salad with shrimp or chicken
such as a Caesar.
Only 14 CARBS.

Yield: 8 servings
Source: "Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking" by Maggie Powers
Book info: http://tgcmagazine.com/bin/track/click.cgi?id=42

INGREDIENTS

- 1 cup shredded Mexican Chihuahua, Monterey Jack,
Pepper Jack, or brick cheese
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1-3 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies (to taste)
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
- Chunky salsa, for topping or dip

DIRECTIONS

In a medium bowl, toss together the cheese,
green onion, and chilies; set aside.

Spray a medium skillet with nonstick cooking spray and
place over medium heat. When hot, add 1 tortilla and sprinkle
it with one-fourth of the cheese mixture. When the cheese
begins to melt, about 1 minute, fold the tortilla in half.
Continue cooking until lightly browned and crisp on both
sides, about 1 minute. Transfer to a cutting board. Repeat
with the remaining tortillas and filling.

Cut into 4 wedges with a knife or pizza cutter
and serve immediately with the salsa.

Nutritional Information Per Serving (2 wedges):
Calories: 134, Fat: 6 g, Cholesterol: 12 mg, Sodium: 211 mg,
Carbohydrate: 14 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 1 g, Protein: 6 g
Diabetic Exchanges: 1 Starch, 1 Fat

Priscilla Ballou

In article k.net>,
wrote:

> QUESADILLAS: Complete lunch with a nice salad with shrimp or chicken
> such as a Caesar.
> Only 14 CARBS.
>
> Yield: 8 servings
> Source: "Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking" by Maggie Powers
> Book info:
http://tgcmagazine.com/bin/track/click.cgi?id=42

> INGREDIENTS
>
> - 1 cup shredded Mexican Chihuahua, Monterey Jack,
> Pepper Jack, or brick cheese
> - 1 green onion, minced
> - 1-3 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies (to taste)
> - 4 8-inch flour tortillas
> - Chunky salsa, for topping or dip

Let's see. Each serving will include 1/2 of one 8-inch tortilla, 1/8
cup cheese, 1/8 of a scallion, and less than 1 teaspoon chilies.

That's maybe three bites of appetizer -- at almost 5 grams of carb per
bite. What's for the entree? It better not have too many carbs in it.

Priscilla
Alan

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 22:47:39 GMT, Priscilla Ballou
> wrote:

>In article k.net>,
> wrote:
>
>> QUESADILLAS: Complete lunch with a nice salad with shrimp or chicken
>> such as a Caesar.
>> Only 14 CARBS.
>>
>> Yield: 8 servings
>> Source: "Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking" by Maggie Powers
>> Book info:
http://tgcmagazine.com/bin/track/click.cgi?id=42

>> INGREDIENTS
>>
>> - 1 cup shredded Mexican Chihuahua, Monterey Jack,
>> Pepper Jack, or brick cheese
>> - 1 green onion, minced
>> - 1-3 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies (to taste)
>> - 4 8-inch flour tortillas
>> - Chunky salsa, for topping or dip

>Let's see. Each serving will include 1/2 of one 8-inch tortilla, 1/8
>cup cheese, 1/8 of a scallion, and less than 1 teaspoon chilies.
>
>That's maybe three bites of appetizer -- at almost 5 grams of carb per
>bite. What's for the entree? It better not have too many carbs in it.
>
>Priscilla

Hi Priscilla

I'm not even buying into carb counts on this one. Over here, we don't
feel there's enough meat on a Mexican Chihuahua to make it worth the
effort.

Although some of our recent immigrants from SE Asia have assisted in
reducing the local canine population via the cook-pot, so I may be wrong
there.

Even so, shredding seems a bit rough.

Cheers Alan, T2, Oz.
dx May 2002 , A1C 5.8, no meds, diet and not enough exercise.
I have no medical qualifications beyond my own experience.
Choose your advisers carefully, because experience can be
an expensive teacher.
sam

Cmon all:

Every time a message with a recipe from the book in quetsion is posted,
a link appears which takes you to amazon.com's page about the book. The
path to the page indicates a referral via tcgmagazine.com which then
presumably gets credited by amazon in some form for directing an inquiry
to them.

What could one's motivation be in posting these?

sam

http://tgcmagazine.com/spam/track/click.cgi?id=42

>>INGREDIENTS
>>
>>- 1 cup shredded Mexican Chihuahua, Monterey Jack,
>> Pepper Jack, or brick cheese
>>- 1 green onion, minced
>>- 1-3 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies (to taste)
>>- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
>>- Chunky salsa, for topping or dip
>>

> Let's see. Each serving will include 1/2 of one 8-inch tortilla, 1/8
> cup cheese, 1/8 of a scallion, and less than 1 teaspoon chilies.
>
> That's maybe three bites of appetizer -- at almost 5 grams of carb per
> bite. What's for the entree? It better not have too many carbs in it.
>
> Priscilla

Colleen

I hadn't clicked the URL but thanks for the heads up. How do you tell it
was that type of link. I'd like to be aware of it in other ng's I post to.

"sam" > wrote in message ...
> Cmon all:
>
> Every time a message with a recipe from the book in quetsion is posted,
> a link appears which takes you to amazon.com's page about the book. The
> path to the page indicates a referral via tcgmagazine.com which then
> presumably gets credited by amazon in some form for directing an inquiry
> to them.
>
> What could one's motivation be in posting these?
>
> sam
>
> Priscilla Ballou wrote:
> > In article k.net>,
> > wrote:
> >

> >>QUESADILLAS: Complete lunch with a nice salad with shrimp or chicken
> >>such as a Caesar.
> >>Only 14 CARBS.
> >>
> >>Yield: 8 servings
> >>Source: "Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking" by Maggie Powers
> >>Book info:
http://tgcmagazine.com/spam/track/click.cgi?id=42

> >>INGREDIENTS
> >>
> >>- 1 cup shredded Mexican Chihuahua, Monterey Jack,
> >> Pepper Jack, or brick cheese
> >>- 1 green onion, minced
> >>- 1-3 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies (to taste)
> >>- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
> >>- Chunky salsa, for topping or dip
> >>

> > Let's see. Each serving will include 1/2 of one 8-inch tortilla, 1/8
> > cup cheese, 1/8 of a scallion, and less than 1 teaspoon chilies.
> >
> > That's maybe three bites of appetizer -- at almost 5 grams of carb per
> > bite. What's for the entree? It better not have too many carbs in it.
> >
> > Priscilla

It is a connection to The Gourmet Connection Magazine. If you visit the
site, which is backed by the ADA, you will find a number of inclused
sites to healthy eating.

sam wrote:

> Cmon all:
>
> Every time a message with a recipe from the book in quetsion is posted,
> a link appears which takes you to amazon.com's page about the book. The
> path to the page indicates a referral via tcgmagazine.com which then
> presumably gets credited by amazon in some form for directing an inquiry
> to them.
>
> What could one's motivation be in posting these?
>
> sam
>
> Priscilla Ballou wrote:
>
>> In article k.net>,
>> wrote:
>>

>>> QUESADILLAS: Complete lunch with a nice salad with shrimp or chicken
>>> such as a Caesar.
>>> Only 14 CARBS.
>>>
>>> Yield: 8 servings
>>> Source: "Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking" by Maggie Powers
>>> Book info:
http://tgcmagazine.com/spam/track/click.cgi?id=42

>>> INGREDIENTS
>>>
>>> - 1 cup shredded Mexican Chihuahua, Monterey Jack,
>>> Pepper Jack, or brick cheese
>>> - 1 green onion, minced
>>> - 1-3 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies (to taste)
>>> - 4 8-inch flour tortillas
>>> - Chunky salsa, for topping or dip
>>>

>> Let's see. Each serving will include 1/2 of one 8-inch tortilla, 1/8
>> cup cheese, 1/8 of a scallion, and less than 1 teaspoon chilies.
>>
>> That's maybe three bites of appetizer -- at almost 5 grams of carb per
>> bite. What's for the entree? It better not have too many carbs in it.
>>
>> Priscilla

When you can easily have 200 carbs according to the ADA per day and more
depending upon your exercise level why would you be concerned about 14
meager carbs.

Priscilla Ballou wrote:

> In article k.net>,
> wrote:
>

>>QUESADILLAS: Complete lunch with a nice salad with shrimp or chicken
>>such as a Caesar.
>>Only 14 CARBS.
>>
>>Yield: 8 servings
>>Source: "Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking" by Maggie Powers
>>Book info:
http://tgcmagazine.com/bin/track/click.cgi?id=42

>>INGREDIENTS
>>
>>- 1 cup shredded Mexican Chihuahua, Monterey Jack,
>> Pepper Jack, or brick cheese
>>- 1 green onion, minced
>>- 1-3 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies (to taste)
>>- 4 8-inch flour tortillas
>>- Chunky salsa, for topping or dip

> Let's see. Each serving will include 1/2 of one 8-inch tortilla, 1/8
> cup cheese, 1/8 of a scallion, and less than 1 teaspoon chilies.
>
> That's maybe three bites of appetizer -- at almost 5 grams of carb per
> bite. What's for the entree? It better not have too many carbs in it.
>
> Priscilla

Priscilla Ballou

In article >,
Alan > wrote:

> On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 22:47:39 GMT, Priscilla Ballou
> > wrote:
>
> >In article k.net>,
> > wrote:
> >
> >> QUESADILLAS: Complete lunch with a nice salad with shrimp or chicken
> >> such as a Caesar.
> >> Only 14 CARBS.
> >>
> >> Yield: 8 servings
> >> Source: "Forbidden Foods Diabetic Cooking" by Maggie Powers
> >> Book info:
http://tgcmagazine.com/bin/track/click.cgi?id=42

> >> INGREDIENTS
> >>
> >> - 1 cup shredded Mexican Chihuahua, Monterey Jack,
> >> Pepper Jack, or brick cheese
> >> - 1 green onion, minced
> >> - 1-3 tablespoons canned chopped green chilies (to taste)
> >> - 4 8-inch flour tortillas
> >> - Chunky salsa, for topping or dip

> >Let's see. Each serving will include 1/2 of one 8-inch tortilla, 1/8
> >cup cheese, 1/8 of a scallion, and less than 1 teaspoon chilies.
> >
> >That's maybe three bites of appetizer -- at almost 5 grams of carb per
> >bite. What's for the entree? It better not have too many carbs in it.
> >
> >Priscilla

> Hi Priscilla
>
> I'm not even buying into carb counts on this one. Over here, we don't
> feel there's enough meat on a Mexican Chihuahua to make it worth the
> effort.
>
> Although some of our recent immigrants from SE Asia have assisted in
> reducing the local canine population via the cook-pot, so I may be wrong
> there.
>
> Even so, shredding seems a bit rough.

LOL! I didn't catch that (obviously).

Hey, I'll bet my cats would like that. And there's a yappy long haired
Chihuahua down the street who gets loose from time to time and comes up
to yap yap yap at my house. Hmmm.

Priscilla
Julie Bove

> wrote in message
link.net...
> When you can easily have 200 carbs according to the ADA per day and more
> depending upon your exercise level why would you be concerned about 14
> meager carbs.

Really? You know how much Priscilla weighs? You know her height and
activity level? Hot damn! You must be a psychic! I am on the ADA diet and
I can't have 200 g of carbs per day. Please go away you idiot. We don't
need your dispensing dangerous advice that newbies might fall for.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

DLynch

> wrote in message
> It is a connection to The Gourmet Connection Magazine. If you visit the
> site, which is backed by the ADA, you will find a number of inclused
> sites to healthy eating.

Yes, I also receive that newsletter, and I notice that there is a copyright
at the bottom of it. I wonder if the people at Diabetic Gourmet Magazine
mind you posting the recipe without their disclaimers, advertising and
copyright?

Here is the disclaimer:

Important Note & Disclaimer: The recipes provided include nutritional
information and diabetic exchanges. Not all recipes are appropriate for all
people. Please make sure a recipe is appropriate for your meal plan and pay
careful attention to serving sizes. Information provided is for
informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical
advice. Only your healthcare provider should diagnose your healthcare
problems and prescribe treatment. SPONSORS ARE NOT ENDORSED BY THIS
NEWSLETTER and information or claims made by sponsors are not verified by
the publisher. The appearance of sponsorship messages is NOT an
acknowledgment that any claims being made are accurate. By reading and
subscribing to this dispatch you have agreed that the publisher can in no
way be held liable for any damages that result from information provided
herein.

And the copyright:

The Diabetic Gourmet Magazine -- http://DiabeticGourmet.com
Daily Diabetic Recipe (c) copyright 2001-2004. Diabetic Gourmet (R).

Priscilla Ballou

In article >,
"Julie Bove" > wrote:

> > wrote in message
> link.net...
> > When you can easily have 200 carbs according to the ADA per day and more
> > depending upon your exercise level why would you be concerned about 14
> > meager carbs.

> Really? You know how much Priscilla weighs?

Priscilla doesn't even know how much Priscilla weighs! LOL! I don't
own a scale and weigh myself in my doctor's office. I eat to my meter.

Priscilla
Julie Bove

"Priscilla Ballou" > wrote in message

> Priscilla doesn't even know how much Priscilla weighs! LOL! I don't
> own a scale and weigh myself in my doctor's office. I eat to my meter.

I don't own a scale either. I just know when I was first diagnosed, a
dietician told me how many calories per day I should be eating and how those
should be broken down. She pretty well nailed down how many carbs I should
be eating, although I gather I am a rarity. And the rest of the diet worked
for a little while. But I eventually had to increase the amount of protein,
fat and calories I was eating by just a little bit. The weight loss then
continued once I made those adjustments. For anyone to say that everyone
should eat 200 g of carbs per day is just ludicrous!

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

sam

You can't always tell. But the words "click.cgi?id=32" made me
suspicious that someone was counting clicks coming from a specific
id.... I didn't know it'd take me to amazon - I tried it. I'm sure there
are ways of hiding this so I wouldn't be suspicious another time. If you
click on somenthing an find it to be spam, one way to fight it is to
disseminate the info - as I am doing - so others won't click and it will
then be less profitable to spam these groups....

Colleen wrote:
> I hadn't clicked the URL but thanks for the heads up. How do you tell it
> was that type of link. I'd like to be aware of it in other ng's I post to.
>
> "sam" > wrote in message ...
>
>>Cmon all:
>>
>>Every time a message with a recipe from the book in quetsion is posted,
>>a link appears which takes you to amazon.com's page about the book. The
>>path to the page indicates a referral via tcgmagazine.com which then
>>presumably gets credited by amazon in some form for directing an inquiry
>>to them.
>>
>>What could one's motivation be in posting these?
>>
>>sam
>>
>>Priscilla Ballou wrote:

http://tgcmagazine.com/spam/track/click.cgi?id=42

>>>Let's see. Each serving will include 1/2 of one 8-inch tortilla, 1/8
>>>cup cheese, 1/8 of a scallion, and less than 1 teaspoon chilies.
>>>
>>>That's maybe three bites of appetizer -- at almost 5 grams of carb per
>>>bite. What's for the entree? It better not have too many carbs in it.
>>>
>>>Priscilla

Crabmeat Quesadillas [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 12-02-2007 12:24 PM
Chicken Quesadillas Duckie ® Recipes 0 11-01-2006 05:59 PM
Chicken Quesadillas lottery75115 Recipes (moderated) 0 17-07-2005 04:38 AM