FoodBanter.com

-   -   Diabetic wedding cake? (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/13875-diabetic-wedding-cake.html)

Lori 07-01-2004 12:34 AM

Diabetic wedding cake?

I am getting married in May. I, along with my parents and his
parents, are all T2. Any tips on a diabetic wedding cake? I can make
it myself if I can find a good recipe, or I can pass the recipe on to
the baker.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

_____

Lori
T2 since 2/97

Jmmbear 07-01-2004 02:13 AM

Diabetic wedding cake?

In article >, Lori
> writes:

>I am getting married in May. I, along with my parents and his
>parents, are all T2. Any tips on a diabetic wedding cake? I can make
>it myself if I can find a good recipe, or I can pass the recipe on to
>the baker.
>
>Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
>_____
>
>Lori
>T2 since 2/97

How about a lowcarb cheesecake, with ground almond crust..
As always YMMV and this is JMO
Jeanne Type 2 Diagnosed 05/28/02
189/154/120

Kim 07-01-2004 03:11 AM

Diabetic wedding cake?

I use the oh-so-common recipe for 1-2-3-4 cake. There are many recipes. One
is on the back of the Swan's Down cake flour box. I use the recipe in the
Joy of Cooking. I use a liquid sugar substitute (PerfectlySweet). To
compensate for the added liquid, I remove half the sugar measure of milk. It
comes out really marvelous. I usually make two half-sheets at a time.
PerfectlySweet also has a recipe for an absolutely wonderful buttercream
frosting. I don't get paid by PerfectlySweet for this recommendation.

I have also used Splenda which is also very good. But, I prefer
PerfectlySweet. At any rate, you should look into their buttercream
frosting. A baker could do some fine decorating with this frosting.

--
Kim, Merritt Island, Florida 32952

Lisa Villani 03-02-2004 04:31 PM

Diabetic wedding cake?

try diabetic recipie internet sites. I do not have them off by heart but
there are tons, either through Atkins websitr or other low carb sites. Good
luck and congratulations on your upcoming nuptuals
lisa