Wmkcross

Default Sugar free candy question

I was always taught that a carb is a carb. Regardless of whether it is a sugar
or not. When reading the carb counts of sugar free candies, I find that they
have just as many carbs (if not more) than their sugary counterparts.
My question is. If the carbs are the same. Why not just eat the normal stuff?
As Ricky would say to Lucy "Someone splain this to me"

Bill
Tiger Lily

you got it Bill
i would rather have a small portion of "the real thing" than the fake stuff

the other problem with the "sugar free" candies is that they replace table
sugar with sugar alcohols which causes diarrhea for most folks

good luck

kate
--
Join us in the Diabetic-Talk Chatroom on UnderNet
/server irc.undernet.org --- /join #Diabetic-Talk

"Wmkcross" <> wrote in message .aol.com...
> I was always taught that a carb is a carb. Regardless of whether it is a

sugar
> or not. When reading the carb counts of sugar free candies, I find that

they
> have just as many carbs (if not more) than their sugary counterparts.
> My question is. If the carbs are the same. Why not just eat the normal

stuff?
> As Ricky would say to Lucy "Someone splain this to me"
>
> Bill

Jennifer

Eat the regular, just plan for the carbs contained within.

They taste better anyway.

Jennifer

Wmkcross wrote:
> I was always taught that a carb is a carb. Regardless of whether it is a sugar
> or not. When reading the carb counts of sugar free candies, I find that they
> have just as many carbs (if not more) than their sugary counterparts.
> My question is. If the carbs are the same. Why not just eat the normal stuff?
> As Ricky would say to Lucy "Someone splain this to me"
>
> Bill

Julie Bove

"Wmkcross" > wrote in message
> I was always taught that a carb is a carb. Regardless of whether it is a

sugar
> or not. When reading the carb counts of sugar free candies, I find that

they
> have just as many carbs (if not more) than their sugary counterparts.
> My question is. If the carbs are the same. Why not just eat the normal

stuff?
> As Ricky would say to Lucy "Someone splain this to me"

Exactly! And the real stuff tastes better too. Alas, there is still a
large part of the population that still believes diabetics can't eat sugar.
This junk is marketed for them. Now the sugar free stuff might not promote
tooth decay, but in many people it also has a laxative effect. And for some
people, the sugar alcohols contained in such candy does not cause a rise in
BG. This is not true for everyone though.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/