Peanutjake

Default Cancelling your AARP membership

----------------------------
The AARP is supporting the terrible Republican Medicare drug bill.

In protest I have canceled my membership in this organization.

To cancel your membership and let them know of your feelings about this betrayal of the needs of
seniors call

AARP at
1 800 424 3410

Forward this message to everyone you know
who is over the age of 50.
--------------------
The PRESCRIPTION DRUG BILL.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR THE HMO's AND DRUG COMPANIES?

For starters:
Prohibits Medicare from negotiating lower prices
No limitation on drug prices.
Canadian drugs will remain illegal.
Private insurance companies will run drug benefit
Where are the $$$ Going?
$15,000,000,000 to HMO's & PPO's to be given as a sweetener.
$70,000,000,000 to employers to get them to
keep private retirement plans.
$20,000,000,000 to hospitals and doctors.
ALMOST $0000000000 to beneficiaries
Doesn't this make you mad?
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Virtually nothing unless you make less than $12123 annually and you have
less than $6000 in
assets. (Own a car? Own a house? Tough on you!)

For the rest of us NOTHING-NADA-ZILCH
NO BENEFIT UNTIL 2006.
Introduces a variable pricing schedule
You pay all costs between $2200 and $3600
Payments for home health care will be reduced
Medicare costs will be capped-
Is rationing in the cards?

If you think this is a bad deal for you call
Clinton and Schumer (in NY) or you Senator
toll free- 1-877-331-1223. Tell them to defeat this bill any which way
they
can. If they can filibuster over three judges they certainly can do it for
the future of Medicare

Jmmbear

In article >, "Peanutjake"
> writes:

>Subject: Cancelling your AARP membership
>From: "Peanutjake" >
>Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:55:54 -0500

thankyou for the info, sent it on to my Mom.
As always YMMV and this is JMO
Jeanne Type 2 Diagnosed 05/28/02
189/154/120