FoodBanter.com

-   -   Cancelling your AARP membership (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/13826-cancelling-your-aarp-membership.html)

Peanutjake 19-11-2003 04:55 PM

Cancelling your AARP membership

----------------------------
The AARP is supporting the terrible Republican Medicare drug bill.

In protest I have canceled my membership in this organization.

To cancel your membership and let them know of your feelings about this betrayal of the needs of
seniors call

AARP at
1 800 424 3410

Forward this message to everyone you know
who is over the age of 50.
--------------------
The PRESCRIPTION DRUG BILL.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR THE HMO's AND DRUG COMPANIES?

For starters:
Prohibits Medicare from negotiating lower prices
No limitation on drug prices.
Canadian drugs will remain illegal.
Private insurance companies will run drug benefit
Where are the $$$ Going?
$15,000,000,000 to HMO's & PPO's to be given as a sweetener.
$70,000,000,000 to employers to get them to
keep private retirement plans.
$20,000,000,000 to hospitals and doctors.
ALMOST $0000000000 to beneficiaries
Doesn't this make you mad?
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
Virtually nothing unless you make less than $12123 annually and you have
less than $6000 in
assets. (Own a car? Own a house? Tough on you!)

For the rest of us NOTHING-NADA-ZILCH
NO BENEFIT UNTIL 2006.
Introduces a variable pricing schedule
You pay all costs between $2200 and $3600
Payments for home health care will be reduced
Medicare costs will be capped-
Is rationing in the cards?

If you think this is a bad deal for you call
Clinton and Schumer (in NY) or you Senator
toll free- 1-877-331-1223. Tell them to defeat this bill any which way
they
can. If they can filibuster over three judges they certainly can do it for
the future of Medicare

Jmmbear 19-11-2003 06:04 PM

Cancelling your AARP membership

In article >, "Peanutjake"
> writes:

>Subject: Cancelling your AARP membership
>From: "Peanutjake" >
>Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 11:55:54 -0500

thankyou for the info, sent it on to my Mom.
As always YMMV and this is JMO
Jeanne Type 2 Diagnosed 05/28/02
189/154/120

[email protected] 20-11-2003 04:26 AM

On 19-Nov-2003, (Jmmbear) wrote:

> AARP and medicare have a lot to do with diabetics. concidering many are on
> medications.. And many are on medicare.

Well, yes; that would be obvious; however, this is alt.FOOD.diabetic, not
alt.support.diabetic or alt.IHATEAARP.diabetic.

There are places where that notice would be on topic; I just get tired of
wading through a high volume of off-topic messages to get to the FOOD
messages. Some days, reading this stuff is all fiber and no nutrition.

Peanutjake 20-11-2003 07:12 PM

Cancelling your AARP membership

> wrote in message igy.com...
>
> On 19-Nov-2003, (Jmmbear) wrote:
>
> > AARP and medicare have a lot to do with diabetics. concidering many are on
> > medications.. And many are on medicare.

> Well, yes; that would be obvious; however, this is alt.FOOD.diabetic, not
> alt.support.diabetic or alt.IHATEAARP.diabetic.
>
> There are places where that notice would be on topic; I just get tired of
> wading through a high volume of off-topic messages to get to the FOOD
> messages. Some days, reading this stuff is all fiber and no nutrition.

Hopefully this law will be defeated and replaced by a law that really helps diabetics.
You should be able to pay for your medications and still be able to afford the proper food that will
not hurt your diabetes.
PJ

Jmmbear 20-11-2003 07:50 PM

Cancelling your AARP membership

(Jmmbear) wrote:

>> AARP and medicare have a lot to do with diabetics. concidering many are on
>> medications.. And many are on medicare.

>Well, yes; that would be obvious; however, this is alt.FOOD.diabetic, not
>alt.support.diabetic or alt.IHATEAARP.diabetic.

So what?

>There are places where that notice would be on topic; I just get tired of
>wading through a high volume of off-topic messages to get to the FOOD
>messages. Some days, reading this stuff is all fiber and no nutrition.

YOu have a filter button, use it.. Just like I do, when I dont like a
particular poster or a particular topic.. You dont have to read it..