Old 26-10-2007, 01:49 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default REC: apple crisp

Jackie Patti wrote:
: This is WICKED easy! Comes to 26g carb, 8g protein, 338 kilocalories
: for the whole recipe.

: Peel, core and slice an apple and place in a bowl. Sprinkle a tsp of
: cinnamon over it and add 1/4 cup sugar-free DaVinci caramel syrup.
: Cover and nuke 2 minutes.

: Remove cover and sprinkle over the top 6 TB almond meal, 2 TB crushed
: pecans and then dot 2 TB butter over all, cover and nuke another 2 minutes.

: --
: http://www.ornery-geeks.org/consulting/

So how many servings do you figure for this one apple dish?

Wendy

Old 26-10-2007, 02:08 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

--
http://www.ornery-geeks.org/consulting/
Old 26-10-2007, 03:17 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

W. Baker wrote:
So how many servings do you figure for this one apple dish?

My husband's away, so I was forced to eat it all myself.

However, it was a pretty oversized serving, especially after dinner. So
I could have gotten two sewrvings out of it if he were here.

--
http://www.ornery-geeks.org/consulting/
Old 26-10-2007, 04:13 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default apple crisp

"Jackie Patti" wrote in message
This is WICKED easy! Comes to 26g carb, 8g protein, 338 kilocalories for
the whole recipe.

Peel, core and slice an apple and place in a bowl. Sprinkle a tsp of
cinnamon over it and add 1/4 cup sugar-free DaVinci caramel syrup. Cover
and nuke 2 minutes.

Remove cover and sprinkle over the top 6 TB almond meal, 2 TB crushed
pecans and then dot 2 TB butter over all, cover and nuke another 2
minutes.

It would figure I am allergic to it. Drat. I sometimes make apple crisp
for my daughter with coconut oil and gluten free oatmeal, but it's one of
the few foods I can't seem to pass up. Every time I go near it, I have to
take a bite and pretty soon my BG is through the roof. So I don't make it
very often.

Old 26-10-2007, 07:35 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Jackie Patti" wrote in message
This is WICKED easy! Comes to 26g carb, 8g protein, 338 kilocalories
for the whole recipe.

Peel, core and slice an apple and place in a bowl. Sprinkle a tsp of
cinnamon over it and add 1/4 cup sugar-free DaVinci caramel syrup.
Cover and nuke 2 minutes.

Remove cover and sprinkle over the top 6 TB almond meal, 2 TB crushed
pecans and then dot 2 TB butter over all, cover and nuke another 2

minutes.

--
http://www.ornery-geeks.org/consulting/

Not sure do you mean Calories or Kilojules? :-)
I have checked the DaVinci syrup it is available here by mail order but only
about 2 flavours price about $16 per 750ml bottle plus postage, how much
does it cost there?

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia

Old 26-10-2007, 01:00 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Rod S wrote:

I have checked the DaVinci syrup it is available here by mail order but only
about 2 flavours price about $16 per 750ml bottle plus postage, how much
does it cost there?

They're about $8-10 US per bottle here.

You can accomplish the same type of thing as a DaVinci syrup with baking
extracts and sweetener.

--
http://www.ornery-geeks.org/consulting/
Old 26-10-2007, 07:55 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Jackie Patti wrote:
: W. Baker wrote:
: So how many servings do you figure for this one apple dish?

: My husband's away, so I was forced to eat it all myself.

: However, it was a pretty oversized serving, especially after dinner. So
: I could have gotten two sewrvings out of it if he were here.

: --
: http://www.ornery-geeks.org/consulting/

It is just that 26 carb for me for a dessert seems a bit much. How big an
apple had so many carbs? In consulting my calorie/carb/fiber book a large
apple(8oz) conatins 34grs carb and about 5.5 grs fiber, makaing it 28,e5
net carbs and a medium apple (5.5 oz) is aobut 23 carbs-4.5 fiber.

I guess you used a medium-large apple:-) Now I know why I eat only half
an apple at a time:-)

Wendy
Old 29-10-2007, 02:58 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

W. Baker wrote:
Jackie Patti wrote:
: W. Baker wrote:
: So how many servings do you figure for this one apple dish?

: My husband's away, so I was forced to eat it all myself.

: However, it was a pretty oversized serving, especially after dinner. So
: I could have gotten two sewrvings out of it if he were here.

It is just that 26 carb for me for a dessert seems a bit much. How big an
apple had so many carbs? In consulting my calorie/carb/fiber book a large
apple(8oz) conatins 34grs carb and about 5.5 grs fiber, makaing it 28,e5
net carbs and a medium apple (5.5 oz) is aobut 23 carbs-4.5 fiber.

I guess you used a medium-large apple:-) Now I know why I eat only half
an apple at a time:-)

I did the math for a medium apple using http://www.nutritiondata.com.

I also am reporting total carbs, not net. I gave up on the net thing as
too damned complicated for me to deal with regularly.

I agree the whole thing is rather a lot of carb at one dose, especially
if there were any significant carbs in the meal that preceded it.
Depends on what else one is eating.

But it's darned good.

--
http://www.ornery-geeks.org/consulting/

Apple Pie Crisp Kathy[_2_] Recipes (moderated) 0 06-06-2008 01:08 AM
Apple Crisp Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 14 30-09-2006 04:24 AM
Apple Crisp: Duckie Recipes 0 23-09-2005 11:15 PM
REC: Apple Crisp Curly Sue General Cooking 1 21-07-2005 07:06 PM