FoodBanter.com

-   -   Interesting recipes posted at rec.food.recipes (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/13822-interesting-recipes-posted-rec.html)

Vicki Beausoleil 18-11-2003 09:44 PM

Interesting recipes posted at rec.food.recipes

There's some yummy sounding lower-carb recipes posted at

Look for
Olive and Sundried Tomato Palmiers
Grilled Summer Vegetable Stacks with Red Pepper Sauce
Mushroom and Olive Pate
Bleu Cheese Stuffed Steaks

A palmier is a traditional French pastry. Substitute the puff pastry for
a few sheets of phyllo dough, mix all the filling ingredients together
and stuff like a spanakopita hors d'oeuvre for less carbs. It's the
filling that sounds delish.

For the Bleu Cheese Stuffed steaks, the typo corrected would be to cook
the sauce 1 or 2 minutes. I would leave out the cornstarch, reduce the
wine sauce to half original volume, remove from heat and stir in a
good-sized knob of butter to finish.

Vicki

Julie Bove 19-11-2003 03:23 AM

Interesting recipes posted at rec.food.recipes

"Vicki Beausoleil" > wrote in message
> There's some yummy sounding lower-carb recipes posted at

<snip>

Oh, you WOULD have to post this right when I got my appetite back. *L*
Now, let me go add Phyllo to my shopping list.

Thanks! Looks like I've found a new NG to hang out at.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/