FoodBanter.com

-   -   A1c Results (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/13816-a1c-results.html)

Alan 18-11-2003 06:13 AM

A1c Results

Hullo All
Showing off again.
My results are just in.

At diagnosis (Feb/Apr 02)
8.2
After one month of "fear diet"; the diet where you don't know what's bad
so you eat almost nothing (May 02):
7.6
Then three months of common sense diet (Jul 02):
6.5
Three months later, with more dieting and "test,test,test" (Aug 02):
6.2
Which is where I stayed in Nov 02, Feb 03 and Jul 03 after travelling
around and eating out.
But today:

**5.8**

Same limits, same lab. Under 6 is noted as "non-diabetic".
I also regained only one of the 28 Kg I lost in 2002, so the net loss is
27 Kg (60 lbs).
No, I'm not happy; I'm bloody ecstatic!

And the weirdest, most unexpected thing is that my WBC has also dropped
into non-leukemia levels at 8.7, upper limit 10, for the first time
since that diagnosis. It's not supposed to have anything to do with
diet, but I'm not complaining there either!
I still have very low immunoglobulins, but I suppose I shouldn't be
greedy in the circumstances :-)

Cheers Alan, T2, Oz
dx May 2002, diet and not enough exercise.

Alan 18-11-2003 06:40 AM

A1c Results

Sorry - meant to post on a.s.d only

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:13:49 +1100, Alan >
wrote:

>Hullo All
>Showing off again.

<snip>

Tiger Lily 18-11-2003 08:57 PM

A1c Results

snoopy happy dance Alan!!!!!!!! keep on keeping on!!!!!

kate
---
Join us in the Diabetic-Talk Chatroom on UnderNet
/server irc.undernet.org --- /join #Diabetic-Talk
More info: http://www.diabetic-talk.org/

Jmmbear 18-11-2003 11:33 PM

A1c Results

In article >, Alan
> writes:

>Cheers Alan, T2, Oz
>dx May 2002, diet and not enough exercise.
>--
>Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.

Alan many congratultions on joining the 5% club.. I find out next week, if Im
still in.. Your doing great...
As always YMMV and this is JMO
Jeanne Type 2 Diagnosed 05/28/02
189/154/120