Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Easy Egg Foo Yong recipe from Betty Crocker

I use this with many variations of what I put in it. Very simple, and
good IMO. TY Betty Crocker. :-)

Egg Foo Yong

2 TBS oil
3 eggs
1 cup bean sprouts
1/2 cup chopped cooked pork (or meat of choice)
2 TBS chopped onion
1 TBS soy sauce

Heat oil in skillet. Beat eggs until very thick and lemon colored,
stir in bean sprouts, pork, onion and soy sauce.

Pour 1/4 cup of mixture at a time into skillet, with broad spatula,
push cooked egg up over meat to form a patty. When patties are set,
turn to brown other side. Serve hot with sauce.

Sauce

1 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp sugar ( I add eqivalent artificial sweetener after it thickens)
1 tsp vinegar
2 1/2 TBS soy sauce
I/2 cup water

Combine all ingredients in small saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly,
until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stil one minute. Serve over
the Egg Foo Yong patties.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:

Thanks cheri,

Wendy-top posting for the first time.

: I use this with many variations of what I put in it. Very simple, and
: good IMO. TY Betty Crocker. :-)

: Egg Foo Yong
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:07:21 -0700, "Cheri"
<gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:

>I use this with many variations of what I put in it. Very simple, and
>good IMO. TY Betty Crocker. :-)
>
>Egg Foo Yong
>
>2 TBS oil
>3 eggs
>1 cup bean sprouts
>1/2 cup chopped cooked pork (or meat of choice)
>2 TBS chopped onion
>1 TBS soy sauce
>
>Heat oil in skillet. Beat eggs until very thick and lemon colored,
>stir in bean sprouts, pork, onion and soy sauce.
>
>Pour 1/4 cup of mixture at a time into skillet, with broad spatula,
>push cooked egg up over meat to form a patty. When patties are set,
>turn to brown other side. Serve hot with sauce.
>
>Sauce
>
>1 tsp cornstarch
>1 tsp sugar ( I add eqivalent artificial sweetener after it thickens)
>1 tsp vinegar
>2 1/2 TBS soy sauce
>I/2 cup water
>
>Combine all ingredients in small saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly,
>until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stil one minute. Serve over
>the Egg Foo Yong patties.

Thanks

Very similar to a frittata I make with veges without the
pork or sauce.

Ill try it, but I'm going to try guar gum instead of
cornflour/starch and a teaspoon of Splenda in lieu of sugar.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
Psyllium, Fibre, Muesli and Nuts
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

here
"Alan S" > wrote in message
news
> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:07:21 -0700, "Cheri"
> <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:

After reading this I was determined to set aside a day to test the results
were surprising

Fasting BG 5.4
Before meal 8.2
one hour after 9.1
2 hour after 6.5

Breakfast was 2 slices of soy and linseed toast butter and vegemite and
coffee with milk and 3 hours before lunch. I tend to have my main meal of
the day as lunch.

My version had:

3 eggs
1 rasher bacon reasonably lean but enough fat to oil the pan
1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
1 tablespoon of Plum sauce (Asian)

Surprising result.

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia

> Very similar to a frittata I make with veges without the
> pork or sauce.
>
> Ill try it, but I'm going to try guar gum instead of
> cornflour/starch and a teaspoon of Splenda in lieu of sugar.
>

> Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
> d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
> Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
> --
> http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
> Psyllium, Fibre, Muesli and Nuts

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 07:31:49 GMT, "Rod S" >
wrote:

>here
>"Alan S" > wrote in message
>news
>> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:07:21 -0700, "Cheri"
>> <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:

>After reading this I was determined to set aside a day to test the results
>were surprising
>
>Fasting BG 5.4
>Before meal 8.2
>one hour after 9.1
>2 hour after 6.5
>
>Breakfast was 2 slices of soy and linseed toast butter and vegemite and
>coffee with milk and 3 hours before lunch. I tend to have my main meal of
>the day as lunch.
>
>My version had:
>
>3 eggs
>1 rasher bacon reasonably lean but enough fat to oil the pan
>1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
>1 tablespoon of Plum sauce (Asian)
>
>Surprising result.

I'm a little confused. Let me know if I have it right or
not:

>Fasting BG 5.4

>Breakfast was 2 slices of soy and linseed toast butter and vegemite and
>coffee with milk and 3 hours before lunch. I tend to have my main meal of
>the day as lunch.
>
>Before lunch 8.2
>one hour after 9.1
>2 hour after 6.5
>
>Lunch menu:

>3 eggs
>1 rasher bacon reasonably lean but enough fat to oil the pan
>1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
>1 tablespoon of Plum sauce (Asian)

If that's right (guessing) you'd be wise to cut the toast or
the milk or both at brekky.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
Psyllium, Fibre, Muesli and Nuts

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 07:31:49 GMT, "Rod S" > wrote:

>here
>"Alan S" > wrote in message
>news
>> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:07:21 -0700, "Cheri"
>> <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:

>After reading this I was determined to set aside a day to test the results
>were surprising
>
>Fasting BG 5.4
>Before meal 8.2
>one hour after 9.1
>2 hour after 6.5
>
>Breakfast was 2 slices of soy and linseed toast butter and vegemite and
>coffee with milk and 3 hours before lunch. I tend to have my main meal of
>the day as lunch.

Did you eat the foo yung for lunch? If you did, the omelette's fine,
but your breakfast is really spiking you. Not surprising, that's 30g+
carbs.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 07:31:49 GMT, "Rod S" > wrote:
>
> >here
> >"Alan S" > wrote in message
> >news
> >> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:07:21 -0700, "Cheri"
> >> <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:

> >After reading this I was determined to set aside a day to test the

results
> >were surprising
> >
> >Fasting BG 5.4
> >Before meal 8.2
> >one hour after 9.1
> >2 hour after 6.5
> >
> >Breakfast was 2 slices of soy and linseed toast butter and vegemite and
> >coffee with milk and 3 hours before lunch. I tend to have my main meal of
> >the day as lunch.

> Did you eat the foo yung for lunch? If you did, the omelette's fine,
> but your breakfast is really spiking you. Not surprising, that's 30g+
> carbs.

Yep 34.8 carbs to be exact plus butter and vegemite about another 3
Gota find a better source of omega 3 and linseed
That was one of the points of the test to see just what it was doing.

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia

> Nicky.
> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
> Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Alan S" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 07:31:49 GMT, "Rod S" >
> wrote:
>
> >here
> >"Alan S" > wrote in message
> >news
> >> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:07:21 -0700, "Cheri"
> >> <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:

> >After reading this I was determined to set aside a day to test the

results
> >were surprising
> >
> >Fasting BG 5.4
> >Before meal 8.2
> >one hour after 9.1
> >2 hour after 6.5
> >
> >Breakfast was 2 slices of soy and linseed toast butter and vegemite and
> >coffee with milk and 3 hours before lunch. I tend to have my main meal of
> >the day as lunch.
> >
> >My version had:
> >
> >3 eggs
> >1 rasher bacon reasonably lean but enough fat to oil the pan
> >1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
> >1 tablespoon of Plum sauce (Asian)
> >
> >Surprising result.
> >

> I'm a little confused. Let me know if I have it right or
> not:
>
> >Fasting BG 5.4

> >Breakfast was 2 slices of soy and linseed toast butter and vegemite and
> >coffee with milk and 3 hours before lunch. I tend to have my main meal of
> >the day as lunch.
> >
> >Before lunch 8.2
> >one hour after 9.1
> >2 hour after 6.5
> >
> >Lunch menu:

> >3 eggs
> >1 rasher bacon reasonably lean but enough fat to oil the pan
> >1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
> >1 tablespoon of Plum sauce (Asian)

> If that's right (guessing) you'd be wise to cut the toast or
> the milk or both at brekky.

Milk is only a splash,have been trying the soy/linseed for a couple of days,
not any more :-)

> Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
> d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
> Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.
> --
> http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
> Psyllium, Fibre, Muesli and Nuts

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Rod S" > wrote in message

> "Nicky" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 07:31:49 GMT, "Rod S" > wrote:
>>
>> >here
>> >"Alan S" > wrote in message
>> >news >> >> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:07:21 -0700, "Cheri"
>> >
>> >After reading this I was determined to set aside a day to test the

> results
>> >were surprising
>> >
>> >Fasting BG 5.4
>> >Before meal 8.2
>> >one hour after 9.1
>> >2 hour after 6.5
>> >
>> >Breakfast was 2 slices of soy and linseed toast butter and vegemite and
>> >coffee with milk and 3 hours before lunch. I tend to have my main meal
>> >of
>> >the day as lunch.

>> Did you eat the foo yung for lunch? If you did, the omelette's fine,
>> but your breakfast is really spiking you. Not surprising, that's 30g+
>> carbs.
>>

> Yep 34.8 carbs to be exact plus butter and vegemite about another 3
> Gota find a better source of omega 3

Fresh Salmon, yum.

and linseed
> That was one of the points of the test to see just what it was doing.

Try the toast as an afternoon snack, one slice at a time with lashings of
Pro Activ marg I have a slice of Burgen's Soy Linseed toast for brekky
with 2 eggs. With only 1 egg I spike, 2 eggs I don't. Crap, that just
reminded me I am out of tea bags and I hate coffee!!!

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Rod S" > wrote in message

> "Alan S" > wrote in message
>> On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 07:31:49 GMT, "Rod S" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >here
>> >"Alan S" > wrote in message
>> >news >> >> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 11:07:21 -0700, "Cheri"
>> >
>> >After reading this I was determined to set aside a day to test the

> results
>> >were surprising
>> >
>> >Fasting BG 5.4
>> >Before meal 8.2
>> >one hour after 9.1
>> >2 hour after 6.5
>> >
>> >Breakfast was 2 slices of soy and linseed toast butter and vegemite and
>> >coffee with milk and 3 hours before lunch. I tend to have my main meal
>> >of
>> >the day as lunch.
>> >
>> >My version had:
>> >
>> >3 eggs
>> >1 rasher bacon reasonably lean but enough fat to oil the pan
>> >1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
>> >1 tablespoon of Plum sauce (Asian)
>> >
>> >Surprising result.
>> >

>> I'm a little confused. Let me know if I have it right or
>> not:
>>
>> >Fasting BG 5.4

>> >Breakfast was 2 slices of soy and linseed toast butter and vegemite and
>> >coffee with milk and 3 hours before lunch. I tend to have my main meal
>> >of
>> >the day as lunch.
>> >
>> >Before lunch 8.2
>> >one hour after 9.1
>> >2 hour after 6.5
>> >
>> >Lunch menu:

>> >3 eggs
>> >1 rasher bacon reasonably lean but enough fat to oil the pan
>> >1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
>> >1 tablespoon of Plum sauce (Asian)

>> If that's right (guessing) you'd be wise to cut the toast or
>> the milk or both at brekky.
>>

> Milk is only a splash,have been trying the soy/linseed for a couple of
> days,
> not any more :-)

Sounds like that much bread took you high and kept you there. Bacon and egg
for brekky would have been ok.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Rod S" > wrote in message

> > results

and

> >> Did you eat the foo yung for lunch? If you did, the omelette's fine,
> >> but your breakfast is really spiking you. Not surprising, that's 30g+
> >> carbs.
> >>

> > Yep 34.8 carbs to be exact plus butter and vegemite about another 3
> > Gota find a better source of omega 3

> Fresh Salmon, yum.
>
> and linseed
> > That was one of the points of the test to see just what it was doing.

> Try the toast as an afternoon snack, one slice at a time with lashings of
> Pro Activ marg I have a slice of Burgen's Soy Linseed toast for brekky
> with 2 eggs. With only 1 egg I spike, 2 eggs I don't. Crap, that just
> reminded me I am out of tea bags and I hate coffee!!!

Didn't you read the link I posted about how they make marg, butter only
thanks, I had a couple of arguments when they tried to feed me some vile
tasting marg in hospital BECEL I think, it was horrible stuff. Funny if I
have the toast with tinned tomatos and eggs for breakfast no spike. More
than I had today but less spike more research to be done here. I really
can't eat fish anymore don't know why ate enough as a kid to grow fins just
don't fancy it any more.

(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Rod S" > wrote in message

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message

>> > results

> and

>> > Yep 34.8 carbs to be exact plus butter and vegemite about another 3
>> > Gota find a better source of omega 3

>> Fresh Salmon, yum.
>>
>> and linseed
>> > That was one of the points of the test to see just what it was doing.

>> Try the toast as an afternoon snack, one slice at a time with lashings of
>> Pro Activ marg I have a slice of Burgen's Soy Linseed toast for brekky
>> with 2 eggs. With only 1 egg I spike, 2 eggs I don't. Crap, that just
>> reminded me I am out of tea bags and I hate coffee!!!
>>

> Didn't you read the link I posted about how they make marg, butter only
> thanks, I had a couple of arguments when they tried to feed me some vile
> tasting marg in hospital BECEL I think, it was horrible stuff. Funny if I
> have the toast with tinned tomatos and eggs for breakfast no spike. More
> than I had today but less spike more research to be done here. I really
> can't eat fish anymore don't know why ate enough as a kid to grow fins
> just
> don't fancy it any more.

I can eat fish and other seafood forever. I don't care how margarine looks
before it's "finished" I hate the taste of butter. When we were kids the
first marg we had was Miracle, it was disgusting and I wouldn't give up my
butter No I can't stand it.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Ozgirl" > wrote in message

> "Rod S" > wrote in message

> > and

30g+

> >> Fresh Salmon, yum.
> >>
> >> and linseed
> >>
> >> Try the toast as an afternoon snack, one slice at a time with lashings

of
> >> Pro Activ marg I have a slice of Burgen's Soy Linseed toast for

brekky
> >> with 2 eggs. With only 1 egg I spike, 2 eggs I don't. Crap, that just
> >> reminded me I am out of tea bags and I hate coffee!!!
> >>

> > Didn't you read the link I posted about how they make marg, butter only
> > thanks, I had a couple of arguments when they tried to feed me some vile
> > tasting marg in hospital BECEL I think, it was horrible stuff. Funny if

> > have the toast with tinned tomatos and eggs for breakfast no spike. More
> > than I had today but less spike more research to be done here. I really
> > can't eat fish anymore don't know why ate enough as a kid to grow fins
> > just
> > don't fancy it any more.

> I can eat fish and other seafood forever. I don't care how margarine looks
> before it's "finished" I hate the taste of butter. When we were kids

the
> first marg we had was Miracle, it was disgusting and I wouldn't give up my
> butter No I can't stand it.

We were fed ETA marg as kids, ever since I started work I've only eaten
butter, sold it by the ton when I was on a sales van. Remember Peter Russel
Clarks ads "only butter butters":-)
(- -)
=m=(_)=m=
RodS T2
Australia

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Rod S" > wrote in message

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message

>> > and

> 30g+

> of

> brekky
>> >>
>> > Didn't you read the link I posted about how they make marg, butter only
>> > thanks, I had a couple of arguments when they tried to feed me some
>> > vile
>> > tasting marg in hospital BECEL I think, it was horrible stuff. Funny if

>> > have the toast with tinned tomatos and eggs for breakfast no spike.
>> > More
>> > than I had today but less spike more research to be done here. I
>> > really
>> > can't eat fish anymore don't know why ate enough as a kid to grow fins
>> > just
>> > don't fancy it any more.

>> I can eat fish and other seafood forever. I don't care how margarine
>> looks
>> before it's "finished" I hate the taste of butter. When we were kids

> the
>> first marg we had was Miracle, it was disgusting and I wouldn't give up
>> my
>> butter No I can't stand it.
>>

> We were fed ETA marg as kids, ever since I started work I've only eaten
> butter, sold it by the ton when I was on a sales van. Remember Peter
> Russel
> Clarks ads "only butter butters":-)

Yeah, but margarine butters too ETA is (or was) equally as foul as
Miracle.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Maybe its the plum suace?

KROM

"Rod S" > wrote in message

> "Ozgirl" > wrote in message

>> > results

> and

>> > Yep 34.8 carbs to be exact plus butter and vegemite about another 3
>> > Gota find a better source of omega 3

>> Fresh Salmon, yum.
>>
>> and linseed
>> > That was one of the points of the test to see just what it was doing.

>> Try the toast as an afternoon snack, one slice at a time with lashings of
>> Pro Activ marg I have a slice of Burgen's Soy Linseed toast for brekky
>> with 2 eggs. With only 1 egg I spike, 2 eggs I don't. Crap, that just
>> reminded me I am out of tea bags and I hate coffee!!!
>>

> Didn't you read the link I posted about how they make marg, butter only
> thanks, I had a couple of arguments when they tried to feed me some vile
> tasting marg in hospital BECEL I think, it was horrible stuff. Funny if I
> have the toast with tinned tomatos and eggs for breakfast no spike. More
> than I had today but less spike more research to be done here. I really
> can't eat fish anymore don't know why ate enough as a kid to grow fins
> just
> don't fancy it any more.
>
> (- -)
> =m=(_)=m=
> RodS T2
> Australia

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

i can't have plum sauce....... it's pure sugar!

"krom" > wrote in message
> Maybe its the plum suace?
>
> KROM
>
> "Rod S" > wrote in message

>> and

>>> Fresh Salmon, yum.
>>>
>>> and linseed
>>>
>>> Try the toast as an afternoon snack, one slice at a time with lashings
>>> of
>>> Pro Activ marg I have a slice of Burgen's Soy Linseed toast for
>>> brekky
>>> with 2 eggs. With only 1 egg I spike, 2 eggs I don't. Crap, that just
>>> reminded me I am out of tea bags and I hate coffee!!!
>>>

>> Didn't you read the link I posted about how they make marg, butter only
>> thanks, I had a couple of arguments when they tried to feed me some vile
>> tasting marg in hospital BECEL I think, it was horrible stuff. Funny if I
>> have the toast with tinned tomatos and eggs for breakfast no spike. More
>> than I had today but less spike more research to be done here. I really
>> can't eat fish anymore don't know why ate enough as a kid to grow fins
>> just
>> don't fancy it any more.
>>
>> (- -)
>> =m=(_)=m=
>> RodS T2
>> Australia

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 08:21:36 -0600, "Tiger Lily" >
wrote:

>i can't have plum sauce....... it's pure sugar!

Steels do a really nice one, made with Splenda.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

oh, i'll have to look for THAT! ! !

one of the things i miss is plum sauce for chinese food (this has been for
over 20 years now!)

guess i looked 20 years ago and gave up, not thinking they would be making
new stuff

my General Foods International Coffee Sugar Free was discontinued because
there
wasn't enough profit in it for Maxwell House when they bought out the
originating Co

i miss that coffee, sigh

kate

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 08:21:36 -0600, "Tiger Lily" >
> wrote:
>
>>i can't have plum sauce....... it's pure sugar!

> Steels do a really nice one, made with Splenda.
>
> Nicky.
> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
> Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

whats steels?

KROM

"Tiger Lily" > wrote in message
> oh, i'll have to look for THAT! ! !
>
> one of the things i miss is plum sauce for chinese food (this has been for
> over 20 years now!)
>
> guess i looked 20 years ago and gave up, not thinking they would be making
> new stuff
>
> my General Foods International Coffee Sugar Free was discontinued because
> there
> wasn't enough profit in it for Maxwell House when they bought out the
> originating Co
>
> i miss that coffee, sigh
>
> kate
>
> "Nicky" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 08:21:36 -0600, "Tiger Lily" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>i can't have plum sauce....... it's pure sugar!

>> Steels do a really nice one, made with Splenda.
>>
>> Nicky.
>> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
>> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
>> Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:58:18 -0500, "krom"
> wrote:

>whats steels?

A manufacturer of nice low-carb stuff - I can buy about 2 items from
their range over here. These guys: http://www.steelsgourmet.com/ -
looks like they've got some kind of trouble, I'm off to stock up...

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Nicky" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:58:18 -0500, "krom"
> > wrote:
>
>>whats steels?

> A manufacturer of nice low-carb stuff - I can buy about 2 items from
> their range over here. These guys: http://www.steelsgourmet.com/ -
> looks like they've got some kind of trouble, I'm off to stock up...

Wow! It starts out with, "Yes we are still in business!" That doesn't
sound too good.