Lee Cooper

Default Ways to fix green beans?

The best way (not everybody can tolerate) is to boil with salt and pepper
with a strip of smoked bacon or small amount of ham also add some cut up
onions..
Lee
"kaci" > wrote in message
rthlink.net...
> I'm looking for a way to prepare green beans that is healthy yet
> tasty. I've been steaming them and adding a little onion salt but that
> is getting old. Any suggestions? Thanks,
> kaci
> Type 2
> diagnosed 4/29/03

Priscilla Ballou

In article >,
"Lee Cooper" > wrote:

> The best way (not everybody can tolerate) is to boil with salt and pepper
> with a strip of smoked bacon or small amount of ham also add some cut up
> onions..
> Lee
> "kaci" > wrote in message
> rthlink.net...
> > I'm looking for a way to prepare green beans that is healthy yet
> > tasty. I've been steaming them and adding a little onion salt but that
> > is getting old. Any suggestions? Thanks,

I like to take a package of frozen french cut green beans, get them just
hot but still crunchy, drain them, and then toss them with a nice
homemade garlicky vinaigrette.

Priscilla
Tiger Lily

add roasted slivered almonds to that

--
Join us in the Diabetic-Talk Chatroom on UnderNet
/server irc.undernet.org --- /join #Diabetic-Talk

> "kaci" > wrote in message
> rthlink.net...
> > I'm looking for a way to prepare green beans that is healthy yet
> > tasty. I've been steaming them and adding a little onion salt but that
> > is getting old. Any suggestions? Thanks,
> > kaci
> > Type 2
> > diagnosed 4/29/03

Gregory Gadow

Lee Cooper wrote:

> The best way (not everybody can tolerate) is to boil with salt and pepper
> with a strip of smoked bacon or small amount of ham also add some cut up
> onions..
> Lee
> "kaci" > wrote in message
> rthlink.net...
> > I'm looking for a way to prepare green beans that is healthy yet
> > tasty. I've been steaming them and adding a little onion salt but that
> > is getting old. Any suggestions? Thanks,
> > kaci
> > Type 2
> > diagnosed 4/29/03

Then there is the old holiday standby: grean bean casserole. I'm working on a
low-salt, low-fat version made with fresh green beans; I'll report back once
I have something that works :-)
--
Gregory Gadow

http://www.serv.net/~techbear

"If you make yourself a sheep, the wolves will eat you."
-- Benjamin Franklin

The Other James

Gregory Gadow wrote:

> Lee Cooper wrote:
>
> > The best way (not everybody can tolerate) is to boil with salt and pepper
> > with a strip of smoked bacon or small amount of ham also add some cut up
> > onions..
> > Lee
> > "kaci" > wrote in message
> > rthlink.net...
> > > I'm looking for a way to prepare green beans that is healthy yet
> > > tasty. I've been steaming them and adding a little onion salt but that
> > > is getting old. Any suggestions? Thanks,
> > > kaci
> > > Type 2
> > > diagnosed 4/29/03

> Then there is the old holiday standby: grean bean casserole. I'm working on a
> low-salt, low-fat version made with fresh green beans; I'll report back once
> I have something that works :-)

We always baked a layer of green beans, a layer of sliced tomatoes on top of
that, and a layer of cheese on top of that. Yum!

Gregory Gadow

The Other James wrote:

> Gregory Gadow wrote:
>
> > Lee Cooper wrote:
> >
> > > The best way (not everybody can tolerate) is to boil with salt and pepper
> > > with a strip of smoked bacon or small amount of ham also add some cut up
> > > onions..
> > > Lee
> > > "kaci" > wrote in message
> > > rthlink.net...

> > Then there is the old holiday standby: grean bean casserole. I'm working on a
> > low-salt, low-fat version made with fresh green beans; I'll report back once
> > I have something that works :-)

> We always baked a layer of green beans, a layer of sliced tomatoes on top of
> that, and a layer of cheese on top of that. Yum!

Mmmmm.... there's a tasty idea!

--
Gregory Gadow

http://www.serv.net/~techbear

"If you make yourself a sheep, the wolves will eat you."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Erika

For more of a treat.. take frozen green beans (5-7 beans) and wrap
them in half a slice of smoked bacon. Bake in the oven at 225 degrees
C for about 15 minutes, strain the excess fat.

Or toss boiled (or steamed) green beans with quarted hearts of
artichoke and mushrooms in a little bit of oil and garlic in a hot
pan. Yummie...

/Erika