C. Cummins

Default Sugar Free Creamsicle Pie

1 (8oz.) fat-free cream cheese

1 (16 oz.) Cool Whip#, thawed

1 cup orange juice

1 (4-serving-size) sugar-free vanilla instant pudding

1 (4-serving-size) sugar-free orange Jello#

2 reduced fat graham cracker crusts

Soften cream cheese, mix with thawed Cool Whip; blend till creamy; add
orange juice and blend with mixer till real creamy. Sprinkle pudding in ,
blending well; add orange Jello, mix till well blended. Divide into two pie
crusts; chill several hours before serving.

Exchange for diabetics: 1 1/2 bread/starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat

Gregory Gadow

"C. Cummins" wrote:

> 1 (8oz.) fat-free cream cheese
>
> 1 (16 oz.) Cool Whip#, thawed
>
> 1 cup orange juice
>
> 1 (4-serving-size) sugar-free vanilla instant pudding
>
> 1 (4-serving-size) sugar-free orange Jello#
>
> 2 reduced fat graham cracker crusts
>
> Soften cream cheese, mix with thawed Cool Whip; blend till creamy; add
> orange juice and blend with mixer till real creamy. Sprinkle pudding in ,
> blending well; add orange Jello, mix till well blended. Divide into two pie
> crusts; chill several hours before serving.
>
> Exchange for diabetics: 1 1/2 bread/starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat

Hmm.... sounds yummy :-) My mom used to make something similar, only with pink
lemonade.
--
Gregory Gadow

http://www.serv.net/~techbear

"If you make yourself a sheep, the wolves will eat you."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Colleen

Cool Whip is almost pure Trans Fat and Sugar.

"C. Cummins" > wrote in message
> 1 (8oz.) fat-free cream cheese
>
> 1 (16 oz.) Cool Whip#, thawed
>
> 1 cup orange juice
>
> 1 (4-serving-size) sugar-free vanilla instant pudding
>
> 1 (4-serving-size) sugar-free orange Jello#
>
> 2 reduced fat graham cracker crusts
>

> Soften cream cheese, mix with thawed Cool Whip; blend till creamy; add
> orange juice and blend with mixer till real creamy. Sprinkle pudding in ,
> blending well; add orange Jello, mix till well blended. Divide into two

pie
> crusts; chill several hours before serving.
>
> Exchange for diabetics: 1 1/2 bread/starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat

Wmkcross

>Cool Whip is almost pure Trans Fat and Sugar.

Very true
I would use the fat free or lite whipped topping. The sugar is managable per
portion.
My question is. Do you use prepared pudding and gelatin or use it staight from
the box in powdered form.

Bill
Julie Bove

"Lori" > wrote in message
<snip>

> Don't think
> there's much we can do about the carbs in the OJ. Using a citrus
> drink would probably work, but they have just as many carbs as OJ
> does, and more processed sugar.

What about sugar free Tang?

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Julie Bove

"C. Cummins" > wrote in message
> sorry everyone I meant to say fat-free coolwhip
> also sorry about the sugar in the orange juice.
> The truth is I am not a diabetic. I am a post gastric-bypass patient who
> cannot eat sugar and too many carbs because I can't digest it and it

causes
> health issues and severe hypoglycemia in me. I however can handle natural
> sugars, so I never stopped to think.

Diabetics can eat sugar. It is total carbs we must watch. And some carbs
are more fast acting than others. Orange juice is particularly bad for us
in terms of raising BG (blood glucose). During a hypo (low BG episode),
orange juice is a good thing. We want to raise BG quickly then. But
normally it's something we avoid.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Wmkcross

>Not exactly sugar-free when you add in a cup of orange juice!

OK, so it does have some sugar in it.
I don't have an OJ carton handy so I am looking at an Apple Cider container
which I would think is comparable. Cider has 30g of carb per cup. Divide that
by 8 portions and you get 3.75g / portion. I can live with that. Ofcourse,
there are ways to lower the amount even further.
1,Try using 1/2cup OJ and 1/2 cup water
2. Do away with the crust and make it in a springform pan.The added pudding and
jello should hold it together fine.The carbs you save from no crust would
offset the OJ carbs.
3. Use Orange oil or extract.
4. Use Diet orange soda or Tang

Just my 2 cents
Bill
Lori

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 11:55:57 -0500, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>> Don't think
>> there's much we can do about the carbs in the OJ. Using a citrus
>> drink would probably work, but they have just as many carbs as OJ
>> does, and more processed sugar.

>What about sugar free Tang?

There's a sugar free Tang? I don't drink the stuff, so I have no
idea. I don't see why it wouldn't work if it tastes pretty close to
OJ. Use a nut crust and sugar free Tang.... hmmmm... I imagine that
would cut quite a few carbs right there.

_____

Lori
T2 since 2/97

Jmmbear

In article >, Lori
> writes:

> I'd love
>to find a low carb graham cracker crust, but haven't yet.

Try grinding up almonds coarsly and adding softened butter to make an Almond
crust..
As always YMMV and this is JMO
Jeanne Type 2 Diagnosed 05/28/02
189/154/120
Julie Bove

"Lori" > wrote in message

> There's a sugar free Tang? I don't drink the stuff, so I have no
> idea. I don't see why it wouldn't work if it tastes pretty close to
> OJ. Use a nut crust and sugar free Tang.... hmmmm... I imagine that
> would cut quite a few carbs right there.

Yes, but it's not available in all areas.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Sally