Carl

Default question about diabetes?

Hi, how are you?
I have been wondering whether or not I have diabetes. I have been
bothered by a severe dry skin problem in the past few years. I have a
history of over eating, and extreme inactivity. The dry skin started to
develop about 1 year ago. I went to see a doctor, and he said that it is
not a fungus. He basically did not know what it is, and I stopped seeing
him afterwards. I am 25 years old, and I have never had trouble with my
weight even though I have a tendency to eat until I feel ill. My life
has been a little stressful, and I have been eaten a lot in order to
feel better. I am beginning to wonder if the reason why I hadn't gained
weight is because I have had diabetes.
I have heard that doing a proper exercise is a great way to combat
against diabetes, but if I know approximately how long it takes before
the effect shows up, I can do some exercise for a while, and see if my
dry skin problem would go away.
Could you give me any opinion on that? Other than the very bad dry
skin problems on my entire back and the butt, I have no other conditions
associated with diabetes.
Thank you, and have a good day.

Siobhan Perricone

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:50:37 GMT, Carl > wrote:

> Could you give me any opinion on that? Other than the very bad dry
>skin problems on my entire back and the butt, I have no other conditions
>associated with diabetes.

On the off chance you're not a troll, please get to a doctor and get an A1c
test. Usenet is no place to go for a diagnosis.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"Who would have thought that a bad Austrian artist who's obsessed with the human physical ideal could assemble such a rabid political following?"
Julie Bove

"Carl" > wrote in message
> Hi, how are you?
> I have been wondering whether or not I have diabetes. I have been
> bothered by a severe dry skin problem in the past few years. I have a
> history of over eating, and extreme inactivity. The dry skin started to
> develop about 1 year ago. I went to see a doctor, and he said that it is
> not a fungus. He basically did not know what it is, and I stopped seeing
> him afterwards. I am 25 years old, and I have never had trouble with my
> weight even though I have a tendency to eat until I feel ill. My life
> has been a little stressful, and I have been eaten a lot in order to
> feel better. I am beginning to wonder if the reason why I hadn't gained
> weight is because I have had diabetes.
> I have heard that doing a proper exercise is a great way to combat
> against diabetes, but if I know approximately how long it takes before
> the effect shows up, I can do some exercise for a while, and see if my
> dry skin problem would go away.
> Could you give me any opinion on that? Other than the very bad dry
> skin problems on my entire back and the butt, I have no other conditions
> associated with diabetes.
> Thank you, and have a good day.

Your symptoms could be due to a thyroid problem. But there is no way of
telling if it is that, diabetes, or something else unless you go to a Dr.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Jj7651

Do yourself a favor.Go to the doctor and have blood work done,especially if
diabetes is in the family.It's the only way to know for sure.
Ted Rosenberg

it is real easy to see if you are diabetic
get your BG checked

as to your dry skin - try skin lotion, and, if it still bothers you, see
a dermatologist.

You have not said ANYTHING which would indicate diabetes

Diabetes Brooklyn1 General Cooking 1 09-07-2015 10:35 PM
More on Diabetes... healthsinfo Diabetic 0 18-09-2007 01:31 PM
Question about Hypertension & Diabetes? T General Cooking 1 28-11-2004 01:16 PM
Question on Vegan and Diabetes Hoops Vegan 2 05-05-2004 08:44 PM