Peanutjake

Default Bryers Low Carb Ice Cream

At the Pathmark supermarket today I found
Bryers Carbsmart Ice Cream.
It was on sale for $1.88 for a half gallon.

They had chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.
It is sweetened with Splenda.
The label says 4 Net Carbs for a 1/2 cup serving.

Total Carbohydrates 10g
Fibre 3g
Sugars 4g
Sugar Alcohol 3g

I bought all the flavors.
Yum Yum
It tastes just like regular Ice Cream.
It is marked Kosher/Dairy.

The only hard part is stopping at 1/2 cup.

PJ

Pin-prick Steve

Does "1/2" mean "one OR two" cups? Yeah, one or two cups of ice cream sounds good to me! Now
where did I put that (hot) chocolate fudge, walnuts in maple syrup, maraschino cherries and
Redi Whip??? Oh, right. My life insurance doesn't cover suicide |-(

--
Steve
T2 since 9/29/03

"Peanutjake" > wrote in message
> At the Pathmark supermarket today I found
> Bryers Carbsmart Ice Cream.
> It was on sale for $1.88 for a half gallon.
>
> They had chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.
> It is sweetened with Splenda.
> The label says 4 Net Carbs for a 1/2 cup serving.
>
> Total Carbohydrates 10g
> Fibre 3g
> Sugars 4g
> Sugar Alcohol 3g
>
> I bought all the flavors.
> Yum Yum
> It tastes just like regular Ice Cream.
> It is marked Kosher/Dairy.
>
> The only hard part is stopping at 1/2 cup.
>
> PJ

Julie Bove

"Pin-prick Steve" > wrote in message
> Does "1/2" mean "one OR two" cups? Yeah, one or two cups of ice cream

sounds good to me! Now
> where did I put that (hot) chocolate fudge, walnuts in maple syrup,

maraschino cherries and
> Redi Whip??? Oh, right. My life insurance doesn't cover suicide |-(

It means one half cup. In other words, 4 ounces.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Jennifer

I've been loving the chocolate for awhile now.

Add some nuts and a dollop of whipped cream and you feel very decadent!

Jennifer

Peanutjake wrote:
> At the Pathmark supermarket today I found
> Bryers Carbsmart Ice Cream.
> It was on sale for $1.88 for a half gallon.
>
> They had chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.
> It is sweetened with Splenda.
> The label says 4 Net Carbs for a 1/2 cup serving.
>
> Total Carbohydrates 10g
> Fibre 3g
> Sugars 4g
> Sugar Alcohol 3g
>
> I bought all the flavors.
> Yum Yum
> It tastes just like regular Ice Cream.
> It is marked Kosher/Dairy.
>
> The only hard part is stopping at 1/2 cup.
>
> PJ

t2_lurking

> Redi Whip??? Oh, right. My life insurance doesn't cover suicide |-(
>
> --
> Steve
> T2 since 9/29/03

Read the label on the Reddi-Whip, you'll be suprised.
I have it on SF jello all the time.

t2_lurking
geabbottATabbottandabbottDOTcom
Do not mail to t2_lurking (auto-delete)
============================
Well, i dreamed i saw the silver
Space ships flying
In the yellow haze of the sun
-- Neil Young --

Lori

I'll have to look for that. I've been craving some good ice cream, and
I just don't quite trust the ones that say sugar free, but have just
as many carbs as the regular brands. Wonder if we can requst flavors?
Rocky Road or Mint Chocolate Chip sound good, my dad would probably
like to have some Cherry Cordial again.

Another good one I've found at Wal-Mart is called LeCarb, also
sweetened with Splenda. It's pretty expensive, though - $2.20 or so
for a pint (ouch!), but they have flavors like chocolate almond,
lemon, french vanilla, cinnamon... the flavors are very subtle, and
total carbs per 1/2 cup serving runs between 4-6.

Lori
T2 since 2/97

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:46:11 -0500, "Peanutjake"
> wrote:

>At the Pathmark supermarket today I found
>Bryers Carbsmart Ice Cream.
>It was on sale for $1.88 for a half gallon.
>
>They had chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.
>It is sweetened with Splenda.
>The label says 4 Net Carbs for a 1/2 cup serving.
>
>Total Carbohydrates 10g
>Fibre 3g
>Sugars 4g
>Sugar Alcohol 3g
>
>I bought all the flavors.
>Yum Yum
>It tastes just like regular Ice Cream.
>It is marked Kosher/Dairy.
>
>The only hard part is stopping at 1/2 cup.
>
>PJ

Wmkcross

>Another good one I've found at Wal-Mart is called LeCarb, also
>sweetened with Splenda. It's pretty expensive, though - $2.20 or so
>for a pint (ouch!)

I don't think that's expensive at all.
In my area a decent pint of ice cream sells for that and usually more.

Regards
Bill
chilimac

The ice cream that I like is Blue Bunny sweeted with Splenda also.
They have several flavors available such as my favorite Tin Roof.

It is available at Wal-Mart.

Later
Wayne
Peanutjake

"Wmkcross" > wrote in message
> >Another good one I've found at Wal-Mart is called LeCarb, also
> >sweetened with Splenda. It's pretty expensive, though - $2.20 or so
> >for a pint (ouch!)

> I don't think that's expensive at all.
> In my area a decent pint of ice cream sells for that and usually more.
>
> Regards
> Bill

Gee! You're being ripped off.

Maybe you should consider moving to a lower cost neighborhood.
PJ

Jmmbear

In article >, "Peanutjake"
> writes:

>"Wmkcross" > wrote in message
>> >Another good one I've found at Wal-Mart is called LeCarb, also
>> >sweetened with Splenda. It's pretty expensive, though - $2.20 or so
>> >for a pint (ouch!)

>> I don't think that's expensive at all.
>> In my area a decent pint of ice cream sells for that and usually more.
>>
>> Regards
>> Bill

>Gee! You're being ripped off.
>
>Maybe you should consider moving to a lower cost neighborhood.
>PJ

Nah, that is everywhere.. Specialty icecreams such as Ben and Jerrys or Hagen
Daz sell for anywhere from 2.50 a pint on sale up to 4.00. Per pint..
So for a pint of LeCarb 2.20 is just fine..
As always YMMV and this is JMO
Jeanne Type 2 Diagnosed 05/28/02
189/154/120

Lori

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 12:22:46 -0600, chilimac >
wrote:

>The ice cream that I like is Blue Bunny sweeted with Splenda also.
>They have several flavors available such as my favorite Tin Roof.
>
>It is available at Wal-Mart.

I've seen and tried those, too. They're no sugar added, but they're
not low carb. They still hit my glucose levels fairly strong, but not
like regular ice cream does. If I can find the low carb stuff, it
usually doesn't have much impact at all.

Lori
T2 since 2/97

____

Lori
Julie Bove

"Jmmbear" > wrote in message

> Nah, that is everywhere.. Specialty icecreams such as Ben and Jerrys or

Hagen
> Daz sell for anywhere from 2.50 a pint on sale up to 4.00. Per pint..

Here that stuff is more like $5.00 a pint! But my family prefers the
individual Hershey things that cost about $1 each. That's still cheaper
than what comes off the ice cream truck.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Jmmbear

In article >, "Julie Bove"
> writes:

>Here that stuff is more like $5.00 a pint! But my family prefers the
>individual Hershey things that cost about $1 each. That's still cheaper
>than what comes off the ice cream truck.
>
>--
>Type 2
>http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Dang that is expensive.. Anything is cheaper than the ice cream truck... LOL

As always YMMV and this is JMO
Jeanne Type 2 Diagnosed 05/28/02
189/154/120
Alice Faber

In article >,
(Jmmbear) wrote:

> In article >, "Julie Bove"
> > writes:
>

> >Here that stuff is more like $5.00 a pint! But my family prefers the
> >individual Hershey things that cost about $1 each. That's still cheaper
> >than what comes off the ice cream truck.
> >
> >--
> >Type 2

http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

> Dang that is expensive.. Anything is cheaper than the ice cream truck... LOL

I got the Sunday sections for the NY Times today (advantages of home
delivery!). There's a $1 off coupon for Breyers or Klondike (!) low carb
ice-cream.

--
AF
"Non Sequitur U has a really, really lousy debate team."
Julie Bove

"Alice Faber" > wrote in message

> I got the Sunday sections for the NY Times today (advantages of home
> delivery!). There's a $1 off coupon for Breyers or Klondike (!) low carb
> ice-cream.

Nobody in this house would eat low carb ice cream. I hate ice cream of any
sort and the other two will only eat the real stuff. Plus, I try not to buy
anything with sugar alcohols in it.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

TerryR

Has anyone succeeded in finding Bryers Carbsmart ice cream
in the southern California area? I only have Vons,
Albertsons, Ralph's and Food For Less to choose from.

TerryR

"Peanutjake" > wrote in message
> At the Pathmark supermarket today I found
> Bryers Carbsmart Ice Cream.
> It was on sale for $1.88 for a half gallon.
>
> They had chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.
> It is sweetened with Splenda.
> The label says 4 Net Carbs for a 1/2 cup serving.
>
> Total Carbohydrates 10g
> Fibre 3g
> Sugars 4g
> Sugar Alcohol 3g
>
> I bought all the flavors.
> Yum Yum
> It tastes just like regular Ice Cream.
> It is marked Kosher/Dairy.
>
> The only hard part is stopping at 1/2 cup.
>
> PJ

Peanutjake

"TerryR" > wrote in message ...
> Has anyone succeeded in finding Bryers Carbsmart ice cream
> in the southern California area? I only have Vons,
> Albertsons, Ralph's and Food For Less to choose from.
>
> TerryR

TURKEY HILL has just announced that they will start selling low carb ice cream in supermarkets in
January.
They say that will come out with more interesting flavors than Bryers.
PJ

Sue S

"Lori" > wrote in message
> I'll have to look for that. I've been craving some good ice cream, and
> I just don't quite trust the ones that say sugar free, but have just
> as many carbs as the regular brands. Wonder if we can requst flavors?
> Rocky Road or Mint Chocolate Chip sound good, my dad would probably
> like to have some Cherry Cordial again.
>
> Another good one I've found at Wal-Mart is called LeCarb, also
> sweetened with Splenda. It's pretty expensive, though - $2.20 or so
> for a pint (ouch!), but they have flavors like chocolate almond,
> lemon, french vanilla, cinnamon... the flavors are very subtle, and
> total carbs per 1/2 cup serving runs between 4-6.
>
> Lori
> T2 since 2/97

I tried that LeCarb stuff last summer and didn't like the taste of it at
all. I'ed rather have nothing than that stuff.

JMHO
Sue S

TerryR

I've never seen Turkey Hill products in southern California.

TerryR

"Peanutjake" > wrote in message

> "TerryR" > wrote in message

> > Has anyone succeeded in finding Bryers Carbsmart ice

cream
> > in the southern California area? I only have Vons,
> > Albertsons, Ralph's and Food For Less to choose from.
> >
> > TerryR

> TURKEY HILL has just announced that they will start

selling low carb ice cream in supermarkets in
> January.
> They say that will come out with more interesting flavors

than Bryers.
> PJ

Proconsul

I bought some at my local Von's in La Mesa, CA - they had Strawberry and
it's great!

FER

"TerryR" > wrote in message
| Has anyone succeeded in finding Bryers Carbsmart ice cream
| in the southern California area? I only have Vons,
| Albertsons, Ralph's and Food For Less to choose from.
|
| TerryR
|
| "Peanutjake" > wrote in message
| > At the Pathmark supermarket today I found
| > Bryers Carbsmart Ice Cream.
| > It was on sale for $1.88 for a half gallon.
| >
| > They had chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.
| > It is sweetened with Splenda.
| > The label says 4 Net Carbs for a 1/2 cup serving.
| >
| > Total Carbohydrates 10g
| > Fibre 3g
| > Sugars 4g
| > Sugar Alcohol 3g
| >
| > I bought all the flavors.
| > Yum Yum
| > It tastes just like regular Ice Cream.
| > It is marked Kosher/Dairy.
| >
| > The only hard part is stopping at 1/2 cup.
| >
| > PJ

TerryR

Thanks, I'll try my local Vons, if they don't have it I'll
go to La Mesa.

TerryR

"Proconsul" > wrote in message
> I bought some at my local Von's in La Mesa, CA - they had

Strawberry and
> it's great!
>
> FER
>
> "TerryR" > wrote in message
> | Has anyone succeeded in finding Bryers Carbsmart ice

cream
> | in the southern California area? I only have Vons,
> | Albertsons, Ralph's and Food For Less to choose from.
> |
> | TerryR
> |
> | "Peanutjake" > wrote in message
> | > At the Pathmark supermarket today I found
> | > Bryers Carbsmart Ice Cream.
> | > It was on sale for $1.88 for a half gallon.
> | >
> | > They had chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.
> | > It is sweetened with Splenda.
> | > The label says 4 Net Carbs for a 1/2 cup serving.
> | >
> | > Total Carbohydrates 10g
> | > Fibre 3g
> | > Sugars 4g
> | > Sugar Alcohol 3g
> | >
> | > I bought all the flavors.
> | > Yum Yum
> | > It tastes just like regular Ice Cream.
> | > It is marked Kosher/Dairy.
> | >
> | > The only hard part is stopping at 1/2 cup.
> | >
> | > PJ

Harold Groot

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 18:33:05 -0800, "TerryR" >
wrote:

>Thanks, I'll try my local Vons, if they don't have it I'll
>go to La Mesa.

Or speak to the manager of your local store and ask if they'd be
willing to stock it. Some will accomodate requests from customers.

TerryR

With the strike going on and picketers outside the door, I
have seen the local manager sweeping up the floor. : )

TerryR

"Harold Groot" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 18:33:05 -0800, "TerryR"

> wrote:
>
> >Thanks, I'll try my local Vons, if they don't have it

I'll
> >go to La Mesa.

> Or speak to the manager of your local store and ask if

they'd be
> willing to stock it. Some will accomodate requests from

customers.

Jennifer

Jim Kent wrote:
> On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 16:09:08 -0800, "TerryR" >
> wrote:
>

>>Has anyone succeeded in finding Bryers Carbsmart ice cream
>>in the southern California area?

I've found it at all the Ralphs in the Los Angeles area. Particularly
Third and La Brea and La Brea and Fountain.

Jennifer

Linda Smith

A search of our local safeway.com web site indicates that it stocks
three flavors (chocolate, vanilla and strawberry) with a Club Card
price of $3.99 per half gallon (a savings of $1.80 per half gallon for
club card members). They also stock the Klondike Carb bars for $4.99
a box. If you east coast residents are paying $1.88 a half gallon,
we're getting ripped off in Northern California!

TerryR

I got the Strawberry at the Vons on Lake Murray/Baltimore in
La Mesa. Tastes good, best I've had since eating low carb.
There was a coupon in Sunday paper for $1.00 off, doubled at
Vons for $2.00 off.

TerryR

"Proconsul" > wrote in message
> I bought some at my local Von's in La Mesa, CA - they had

Strawberry and
> it's great!
>
> FER
>
> "TerryR" > wrote in message
> | Has anyone succeeded in finding Bryers Carbsmart ice

cream
> | in the southern California area? I only have Vons,
> | Albertsons, Ralph's and Food For Less to choose from.

W. Baker

In alt.support.diabetes TerryR > wrote:
: I got the Strawberry at the Vons on Lake Murray/Baltimore in
: La Mesa. Tastes good, best I've had since eating low carb.
: There was a coupon in Sunday paper for $1.00 off, doubled at
: Vons for $2.00 off.

: TerryR

Just a query here, as I have not yet seen this product.

I always found that the Breyers no sugar added ice cream (before the
fshion in low carb started) was grainy and rather unpleasnt. As the
term "effective carbs" is now used , probably just eliminating the sugar
alcohols carbs from the counting, is this a new formulation, or just a
relabelling of the old? I do have to count some of the sugar alcohols
in my calculations, as they can keep my bgs up as well as upset my
stomach.

Wendy
Jenny

Wendy

The Breyer's CarbSmart is an entirely different product from their No Sugar
Added products.

It's a high fat ice cream. Not grainy, though it has a few more ice crystals
in it than the regular stuff. It does include sugar alcohols and,
regretably, a small amount of high fructose corn syrup.

However, the total carb count including the SA and HFCS is only 10 per half
cup serving and my meter likes it, even though my many products with sugar
alcohols will raise my blood sugar unacceptably.

They also make a chocolate coated popsicle bar which clocks in at 7 grams if
you count all the sugar alcohols. I liked it alot (and the built in portion
control.)

The fudge bar they sell was the only disappointment. It was lower calorie
but struck me as too greasy and not chocolatey enough.

-- Jenny

Cut the carbs to respond to my new email address!

Weight: 168.5/137
Diabetes Type II diagnosed 8/1998 -
HBa1c 5.2 10/03
Low Carb 9/1998 - 8/2001 and 11/10/02 - Now

http://www.geocities.com/jenny_the_bean
How to calculate your need for protein * How much people really lose each
month * Water Weight Gain & Loss * The "Two Gram Cure" for Hunger Cravings
* Characteristics of Successful Dieters * Indispensible Low Carb Treats *
Should You Count that Low Impact Carb? * Curing Ketobreath * Exercise
Starting from Zero * Do Starch Blockers Work? * NEW! Why the Low Carb Diet
is Great for Diabetes * NEW! Low Carb Strategies for People with Diabetes

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
> In alt.support.diabetes TerryR > wrote:
> : I got the Strawberry at the Vons on Lake Murray/Baltimore in
> : La Mesa. Tastes good, best I've had since eating low carb.
> : There was a coupon in Sunday paper for $1.00 off, doubled at
> : Vons for $2.00 off.
>
> : TerryR
>
> Just a query here, as I have not yet seen this product.
>
> I always found that the Breyers no sugar added ice cream (before the
> fshion in low carb started) was grainy and rather unpleasnt. As the
> term "effective carbs" is now used , probably just eliminating the sugar
> alcohols carbs from the counting, is this a new formulation, or just a
> relabelling of the old? I do have to count some of the sugar alcohols
> in my calculations, as they can keep my bgs up as well as upset my
> stomach.
>
> Wendy

Proconsul

It's a problem....it tastes great and the texture is just like real ice
cream.....

The "bad news" is that it does RAISE BG levels.....soooo, us diabetics can't
use it.....

FER

"W. Baker" > wrote in message
| In alt.support.diabetes TerryR > wrote:
| : I got the Strawberry at the Vons on Lake Murray/Baltimore in
| : La Mesa. Tastes good, best I've had since eating low carb.
| : There was a coupon in Sunday paper for $1.00 off, doubled at
| : Vons for $2.00 off.
|
| : TerryR
|
| Just a query here, as I have not yet seen this product.
|
| I always found that the Breyers no sugar added ice cream (before the
| fshion in low carb started) was grainy and rather unpleasnt. As the
| term "effective carbs" is now used , probably just eliminating the sugar
| alcohols carbs from the counting, is this a new formulation, or just a
| relabelling of the old? I do have to count some of the sugar alcohols
| in my calculations, as they can keep my bgs up as well as upset my
| stomach.
|
| Wendy

TerryR

Maybe it raises your, but it don't raise mine. It acts just
like 4g carb per 1/2 cup should act on my BG. I tested
before and after eating it.

TerryR

"Proconsul" > wrote in message
> It's a problem....it tastes great and the texture is just

like real ice
> cream.....
>
> The "bad news" is that it does RAISE BG levels.....soooo,

us diabetics can't
> use it.....
>
> FER

Jennifer

The good news is... it doesn't raise my BG levels, so this diabetic CAN
use it.

The bad news is... it must raise yours.

That's the YMMV thing.

Jennifer

Proconsul wrote:
> It's a problem....it tastes great and the texture is just like real ice
> cream.....
>
> The "bad news" is that it does RAISE BG levels.....soooo, us diabetics can't
> use it.....
>
> FER
>
> "W. Baker" > wrote in message
> | In alt.support.diabetes TerryR > wrote:
> | : I got the Strawberry at the Vons on Lake Murray/Baltimore in
> | : La Mesa. Tastes good, best I've had since eating low carb.
> | : There was a coupon in Sunday paper for $1.00 off, doubled at
> | : Vons for $2.00 off.
> |
> | : TerryR
> |
> | Just a query here, as I have not yet seen this product.
> |
> | I always found that the Breyers no sugar added ice cream (before the
> | fshion in low carb started) was grainy and rather unpleasnt. As the
> | term "effective carbs" is now used , probably just eliminating the sugar
> | alcohols carbs from the counting, is this a new formulation, or just a
> | relabelling of the old? I do have to count some of the sugar alcohols
> | in my calculations, as they can keep my bgs up as well as upset my
> | stomach.
> |
> | Wendy

Peanutjake

"Proconsul" > wrote in message news:RH6ub.679$%b2.348@lakeread05...
> It's a problem....it tastes great and the texture is just like real ice
> cream.....
>
> The "bad news" is that it does RAISE BG levels.....soooo, us diabetics can't
> use it.....
>
> FER

I will bet that you ate more than 1/2 cup.
Right?
PJ

Proconsul

Nope - so much for posting "results" to a group made up of dedicated
nitpickers.....

FER

"Peanutjake" > wrote in message

| "Proconsul" > wrote in message
| > It's a problem....it tastes great and the texture is just like real ice
| > cream.....
| >
| > The "bad news" is that it does RAISE BG levels.....soooo, us diabetics
can't
| > use it.....
| >
| > FER
|
| I will bet that you ate more than 1/2 cup.
| Right?
| PJ

Alan

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:59:02 -0800, "Proconsul" >
wrote:

>Nope - so much for posting "results" to a group made up of dedicated
>nitpickers.....
>
>FER

Considering the sorts of things that qualify for research grants, I can
imagine too easily a funded study to see the BG rise in monkeys an hour
after picking nits.

Cheers Alan, T2, Oz
dx May 2002, diet and not enough exercise.

Proconsul

Indeed.....

PC

"Alan" > wrote in message
| On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:59:02 -0800, "Proconsul" >
| wrote:
|
| >Nope - so much for posting "results" to a group made up of dedicated
| >nitpickers.....
| >
| >FER
|
| Considering the sorts of things that qualify for research grants, I can
| imagine too easily a funded study to see the BG rise in monkeys an hour
| after picking nits.
|
| Cheers Alan, T2, Oz
| dx May 2002, diet and not enough exercise.
| --
| Everything in Moderation - Except Laughter.

recipes

I sure wish I could find it for $1.88 I pay 3.68 And I love the stuff.
Tastes more like a soft serve I.C. to me.

"Peanutjake" > wrote in message
> At the Pathmark supermarket today I found
> Bryers Carbsmart Ice Cream.
> It was on sale for $1.88 for a half gallon.
>
> They had chocolate, vanilla and strawberry.
> It is sweetened with Splenda.
> The label says 4 Net Carbs for a 1/2 cup serving.
>
> Total Carbohydrates 10g
> Fibre 3g
> Sugars 4g
> Sugar Alcohol 3g
>
> I bought all the flavors.
> Yum Yum
> It tastes just like regular Ice Cream.
> It is marked Kosher/Dairy.
>
> The only hard part is stopping at 1/2 cup.
>
> PJ

Peanutjake

"recipes" > wrote in message ...
> I sure wish I could find it for $1.88 I pay 3.68 And I love the stuff.
> Tastes more like a soft serve I.C. to me.

It was a one time Super Sale for $1.88.

The sale price this week is $2.50.
When it is not on sale they want $4.50.
PJ