Gregory Gadow

Default Northwest Autumn - Monday - Stuffed Mushrooms

I'll be posting a full dinner menu this week. If everyone likes, I'll do
this when I have the recipes done up. Most of these are ones I've put
together myself, so I have no idea what the exact carb counts are. I've
tried to be good, though.

Northwest Autum Dinner

Mon (Appetizer): STUFFED MUSHROOMS
Tue (Soup or Salad): Cabbage and Carrot Salad
Wed (Side Dish): Shallots in Red Wine Sauce
Thu (Entree): Herbed Pork Loin Roast
Fri (Dessert): Baked Apples

Nothing says "autumn" in Seattle more than fresh mushrooms.

STUFFED MUSHROOMS

12 large brown (crimini) mushrooms, about 1.5 inches in diameter
2 green onions, finely chopped
4 oz fat free cream cheese
1/4 tsp chopped fresh dill or a pinch dried dill
1/4 tsp chopped fresh oregano or a pinch dried oregano
1/4 cup low moisture low fat mozzarella, shredded

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Carefully remove the stems from the mushrooms, leaving the caps whole.

Trim the stems, chop them up and place in a bowl. Add the onion, cream
cheese and herbs; mix well. Put a heaping spoonful of the mixture in to
the hollow of the caps and place caps on a non-stick baking sheet (or a
regular baking sheet greased with some olive oil.) Top with some
shredded mozzarella. Bake about 30 to 35 minutes, until the mushrooms
are soft and the cheese is brown. Serve hot.

Makes 12
--
Gregory Gadow

http://www.serv.net/~techbear

"If you make yourself a sheep, the wolves will eat you."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Julie Bove

"Gregory Gadow" > wrote in message

<snip>

> Nothing says "autumn" in Seattle more than fresh mushrooms.

<snip>

Did you go out harvesting them? I should imagine they would be plentiful
after all that rain you got!

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Gregory Gadow

Julie Bove wrote:

> "Gregory Gadow" > wrote in message
>
> <snip>
>
> > Nothing says "autumn" in Seattle more than fresh mushrooms.

> <snip>
>
> Did you go out harvesting them? I should imagine they would be plentiful
> after all that rain you got!

Normally, wild mushrooms grow around here with wild abandon. Unfortunately,
we had a pretty dry summer and autumn, so the crops were pretty thin.
--
Gregory Gadow

http://www.serv.net/~techbear

"If you make yourself a sheep, the wolves will eat you."
-- Benjamin Franklin

Stuffed mushrooms again! Nick Cramer Diabetic 2 01-08-2008 03:59 PM
Stuffed Mushrooms Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 02-01-2006 04:43 AM
Stuffed Mushrooms Pete Romfh Diabetic 0 29-12-2005 06:19 PM
Northwest Autumn - Friday - Baked Apples Gregory Gadow Diabetic 4 14-11-2003 05:23 PM
Stuffed Mushrooms [email protected] Diabetic 0 20-10-2003 03:19 AM