Old 31-10-2003, 12:05 AM

Default Cola or diet cola?

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 09:58:28 +1100, Alan
wrote:

I only get symptoms (tight feeling in the forehead and scalp, flushed
face) when it is excessively high, over 9 (160) or 10 (180). Only the
meter can tell me if it's between 7 and 9.

Cheers Alan, T2, Oz
dx May 2002, diet and exercise.

That sounds like the symptoms that I show when my blood pressure is
wwwaaayyyy over the limit. But, I am learning more every day. Which
is why I am in this group in the first place.

Cindi

Old 31-10-2003, 05:16 PM
Priscilla Ballou

In article ,
Bay Area Dave wrote:

funny. when my bg's get low, I get sleepy.

Well, that too, but it's a different kind of sleepy. ;-)

Too Low Sleepy = shaky, confused, sleepy
Too High Sleepy = crashing fatigue sleepy

Hard to describe the difference, but I can discern it.

Priscilla
Old 03-11-2003, 01:49 AM
Pete

On Wed, 05 Nov 2003 04:29:33 GMT, Bay Area Dave
wrote:

I get sleepy when I read in the evening.
My wife gets sleepy when we watch TV...
dave

And mine when we go to bed :-((

Pete

[snip]

Diagnosed 20/03/03 Type II D&E + Metformin + Gliclazide
+ Asprin 210lbs at Dx to target 174lbs achieved.
To mail: aspen3 at freeuk.com
Old 05-11-2003, 02:56 AM
[email protected]

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 14:44:08 GMT, Priscilla Ballou
wrote:

When my BG goes too high, I get sleepy.
Priscilla

Hmmm... I've never heard of anyone getting sleepy when thir bg goes
high - when it goes low, most definitely, but not when it goes high.

Cindi
Old 05-11-2003, 02:58 AM
[email protected]

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 17:16:12 GMT, Priscilla Ballou
wrote:

Too Low Sleepy = shaky, confused, sleepy

kind of like the feeling when you get hungry and can't really
concentrate on anything until you eat something?

Too High Sleepy = crashing fatigue sleepy

the type of sleepy like you've been up for 3 days straight with no
sleep?

Cindi
Old 05-11-2003, 04:16 AM
Julie Bove

wrote:

When my BG goes too high, I get sleepy.
Priscilla

Hmmm... I've never heard of anyone getting sleepy when thir bg goes
high - when it goes low, most definitely, but not when it goes high.

I get sleepy. In fact, I was so sleepy prior to diagnosis that people were
joking about it. Now when I get really sleepy like that, I test my BG.
I've had highs and lows with exactly the same symptoms.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Old 05-11-2003, 04:34 AM
Julie Bove

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message
m...
I get sleepy when I read in the evening. My wife gets sleepy when we
watch TV...

That's one reason why I don't like TV or movies very much. Both put me to
sleep very quickly. I can only manage to stay awake if it is something I
really want to watch. But I must also be doing something else at the same
time to keep my mind active. Like a craft project, reading or sketching.
I've never understood those people who get engrossed in TV shows. I'd fall
asleep before I could!

Old 05-11-2003, 11:49 AM
Siobhan Perricone

Default ot: sleepies in front of the TV

On Tue, 4 Nov 2003 23:34:01 -0500, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

That's one reason why I don't like TV or movies very much. Both put me to
sleep very quickly. I can only manage to stay awake if it is something I
really want to watch.

This is why you need a TiVo! There's always something I want to watch
on it because I've asked mine to go out and find me things I like to watch!
Though, I will grant, I consider movie watching one of my hobbies, so I
do watch a lot of movies on TV. The great thing about TiVo is that there's
always a movie I want to see, and I don't end up wandering around the
channels on a lazy Sunday afternoon looking for something to watch when
there isn't anything that interests me.

I'm also able to compress my watching time because I can skip the
commercials easily (or hop back to see them if I want), which is faster
than just fast forwarding through them. Though most of the movies I watch
don't have commercials, we are watching, uhm, five broadcast shows.
*counts* Alias, 24, Malcolm in the Middle, ER, nope, looks like four
broadcast shows. The other series we watch is Jeremiah, but that's on
Showtime. Anyway, the great thing is we can watch these any time and the
quality is much better than on a tape.

Anyway, I guess my point is just if you had a TiVo, you'd probably be
surprised at how much stuff there is out that that's actually interesting.
I get lots of interesting documentaries that I never had time to search for
in the listings before.

--
Siobhan Perricone
"Who would have thought that a bad Austrian artist who's obsessed with the human physical ideal could assemble such a rabid political following?"
Old 05-11-2003, 03:26 PM
Bay Area Dave

about the only things we watch are news, DVD movies, and Dr. Phil. I'm
always rooting for him. I loved it the other night when he gave some
lady hell for cheating repeatedly on her husband. He was so mad his
voice was cracking!

dave

To mail: aspen3 at freeuk.com