Clark Simmons

Default Snack Recipes Wanted

Since diabetics need to eat lighter and more often, I think it'd be nice to
place some lo-carb snack recipes on a web site. It's easy enough to do if
someone will just post some recipes.

Please note the state of origin if in the U.S. or country if outside.

This request is crossposted to several news groups. Please don't trim the NGs
from the headers because I don't want to chase your recipes all over Usenet.

The web site is at:
http://xld.com/public/cooking/home.htm . It was created a couple of years ago.
It'll give you an idea of what we're doing.

Thanks in advance.

--
Regards, Clark in Round Rock Texas USA

http://xld.com
ISP Services, Recipes, Best Sellers, History, Humor, Current Issues, and Lots of
Free Stuff.

---

Mack

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 03:54:39 -0500, "Clark Simmons" >
wrote:

>Since diabetics need to eat lighter and more often, I think it'd be nice to
>place some lo-carb snack recipes on a web site. It's easy enough to do if
>someone will just post some recipes.
>
>Please note the state of origin if in the U.S. or country if outside.
>
>This request is crossposted to several news groups. Please don't trim the NGs
>from the headers because I don't want to chase your recipes all over Usenet.
>
>The web site is at:
> http://xld.com/public/cooking/home.htm . It was created a couple of years ago.
>It'll give you an idea of what we're doing.
>
>Thanks in advance.

isn;t this website your business?

Mack
Type 1 since 1975
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

In tribute to the United States of America and the State
of Israel, two bastions of strength in a world filled with strife and
terrorism.
Clark Simmons

No, the web site is not a business. That is self-evident. What makes you think
that it is?

--

"Mack" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 03:54:39 -0500, "Clark Simmons" >
> wrote:
>
> >Since diabetics need to eat lighter and more often, I think it'd be nice to
> >place some lo-carb snack recipes on a web site. It's easy enough to do if
> >someone will just post some recipes.
> >
> >Please note the state of origin if in the U.S. or country if outside.
> >
> >This request is crossposted to several news groups. Please don't trim the

NGs
> >from the headers because I don't want to chase your recipes all over Usenet.
> >
> >The web site is at:
> > http://xld.com/public/cooking/home.htm . It was created a couple of years

ago.
> >It'll give you an idea of what we're doing.
> >
> >Thanks in advance.

> isn;t this website your business?
>
> Mack
> Type 1 since 1975
> http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
> http://www.insulin-pumpers.org
>
> In tribute to the United States of America and the State
> of Israel, two bastions of strength in a world filled with strife and
> terrorism.

---

Mack

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 20:11:23 -0500, "Clark Simmons" >
wrote:

>No, the web site is not a business. That is self-evident. What makes you think
>that it is?

your sigline:
"Regards, Clark in Round Rock Texas USA

http://xld.com
ISP Services, Recipes, Best Sellers, History, Humor, Current Issues,
and Lots of
Free Stuff."
from your website:
"We offer 56k/v.90 Full Dialup Account Coverage in the USA and Canada
for only $9.95 per Month. This includes 2 E-mail accounts. " The
XLData.net Internet Service Provider

looks like a business to me.

Mack
Type 1 since 1975
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

In tribute to the United States of America and the State
of Israel, two bastions of strength in a world filled with strife and
terrorism.
Clark Simmons

http://xld.com is not a business. It's a hobby. It links to several business
web sites. It links to several hundred non-business web sites. There's nothing
illegal or immoral in that.

Why should you care anyway? Or, are you another net troll?

--

"Mack" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 20:11:23 -0500, "Clark Simmons" >
> wrote:
>
> >No, the web site is not a business. That is self-evident. What makes you

think
> >that it is?

> your sigline:
> "Regards, Clark in Round Rock Texas USA
>
> http://xld.com
> ISP Services, Recipes, Best Sellers, History, Humor, Current Issues,
> and Lots of
> Free Stuff."
> from your website:
> "We offer 56k/v.90 Full Dialup Account Coverage in the USA and Canada
> for only $9.95 per Month. This includes 2 E-mail accounts. " The
> XLData.net Internet Service Provider
>
> looks like a business to me.
>
> Mack
> Type 1 since 1975
> http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
> http://www.insulin-pumpers.org
>
> In tribute to the United States of America and the State
> of Israel, two bastions of strength in a world filled with strife and
> terrorism.

---

Mack

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:20:45 -0500, "Clark Simmons" >
wrote:

> http://xld.com is not a business. It's a hobby. It links to several business
>web sites. It links to several hundred non-business web sites. There's nothing
>illegal or immoral in that.
>
>Why should you care anyway? Or, are you another net troll?

so is xld.com an ISP or not?

Mack
Type 1 since 1975
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

In tribute to the United States of America and the State
of Israel, two bastions of strength in a world filled with strife and
terrorism.
Clark Simmons

Plonk

--

"Mack" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 00:20:45 -0500, "Clark Simmons" >
> wrote:
>
> > http://xld.com is not a business. It's a hobby. It links to several

business
> >web sites. It links to several hundred non-business web sites. There's

nothing
> >illegal or immoral in that.
> >
> >Why should you care anyway? Or, are you another net troll?

> so is xld.com an ISP or not?
>
> Mack
> Type 1 since 1975
> http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
> http://www.insulin-pumpers.org
>
> In tribute to the United States of America and the State
> of Israel, two bastions of strength in a world filled with strife and
> terrorism.

---

Julie Bove

"Clark Simmons" > wrote in message
> Plonk

Not a really smart idea to plonk Mack!

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Clark Simmons

Why?

--

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Clark Simmons" > wrote in message
> > Plonk

> Not a really smart idea to plonk Mack!
>
> --
> Type 2
> http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

---

Julie Bove

"Clark Simmons" > wrote in message
> Why?

He has been around here for longer than I have and I think he is the one who
is doing the website, although I'm not positive.

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Mack

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 12:28:32 -0400, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Clark Simmons" > wrote in message
>> Why?

>He has been around here for longer than I have and I think he is the one who
>is doing the website, although I'm not positive.

only partly true. I passed on the torch, so to speak, for the
website. But we are still looking for trustworthy talent in that
endeavor.

Mack
Type 1 since 1975
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

In tribute to the United States of America and the State
of Israel, two bastions of strength in a world filled with strife and
terrorism.
Clark Simmons

I just unplonked Mack. I don't like to plonk anyone, but will do so at times.

If Mack is the one doing the web site, I have to say it's quite good. It's
responsive and is attractive.

I created my web server in late 1996. I started it because I am politically
active. The ISP is a virtual ISP and is hosted elsewhere as an entirely
different domain. I'm also an Amazon affiliate. I have always promoted The
XLData Net web site in my sig.
http://xld.com in my sig file. I follow all the rules for posting to Usenet.

The web site in question, "Yet Another Cookbook",
http://xld.com/public/cooking/home.htm was created in early 2001 and is not at
all commercial. I neither sell nor buy anything on that web site. My aim in
posting the original message was to collect some recipes for snack foods. There
are some in the NG, but I like to denote the origin of the recipe. They don't
say, so I started a new thread.

I do use the URL in the sig file to promote all the web sites that I host, and
some I don't host. It's perfectly legal. There's always some self-appointed
net nanny that complains about something, even things that are helpful to
others. I don't put Mack in this category, but I don't think he fully
understands my motivation.

Now, could we get back on topic and do what's needed to control our diabetes.

--
Regards, Clark in Round Rock Texas USA
dxed T2 08/03

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> > He has been around here for longer than I have and I think he is the one who

> is doing the website, although I'm not positive.
>
> --
> Type 2
> http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

---

Mack

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 13:32:12 -0500, "Clark Simmons" >
wrote:

>I just unplonked Mack. I don't like to plonk anyone, but will do so at times.
>
>If Mack is the one doing the web site, I have to say it's quite good. It's
>responsive and is attractive.
>
>I created my web server in late 1996. I started it because I am politically
>active. The ISP is a virtual ISP and is hosted elsewhere as an entirely
>different domain. I'm also an Amazon affiliate. I have always promoted The
>XLData Net web site in my sig.
> http://xld.com in my sig file. I follow all the rules for posting to Usenet.
>
>The web site in question, "Yet Another Cookbook",
> http://xld.com/public/cooking/home.htm was created in early 2001 and is not at
>all commercial. I neither sell nor buy anything on that web site. My aim in
>posting the original message was to collect some recipes for snack foods. There
>are some in the NG, but I like to denote the origin of the recipe. They don't
>say, so I started a new thread.
>
>I do use the URL in the sig file to promote all the web sites that I host, and
>some I don't host. It's perfectly legal. There's always some self-appointed
>net nanny that complains about something, even things that are helpful to
>others. I don't put Mack in this category, but I don't think he fully
>understands my motivation.
>
>Now, could we get back on topic and do what's needed to control our diabetes.

I can't speak for the low carb newsgroup, never read it. But from
reading the diabetic groups I know that the majority of the posters do
not like spammers, they also do not like it when someone posts a
requests that would lead to the implication that we endorse a
business. That's how your post came across. That's why I asked you
what I did.

It's a question anyone in the diabetic groups has the right to ask.

I don't care what links you post in your sig line, but you did request
that we send you recipes to be posted to the xld website. Knowing
that xld is your baby sets off some warning flags.

Anything I may have done with the group's website does NOT give me
anymore status in this group than any other diabetic.

you do know that searching the google archive will give you plenty of
recipes.

Mack
Type 1 since 1975
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org
http://www.insulin-pumpers.org

In tribute to the United States of America and the State
of Israel, two bastions of strength in a world filled with strife and
terrorism.

Recipes Wanted [email protected] General Cooking 4 13-07-2006 06:39 PM
Snack recipes Raoul General Cooking 0 03-06-2006 06:17 AM
Recipes Wanted Halcitron Vegan 2 07-01-2004 04:06 PM
Recipes Wanted! [email protected] General Cooking 8 06-11-2003 09:28 PM
Recipes Wanted tippy1 Mexican Cooking 9 16-10-2003 08:20 PM