FoodBanter.com

-   -   Doctors and Testing (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/13755-doctors-testing.html)

[email protected] 17-10-2003 02:57 AM

Doctors and Testing

Again and again people here query why doctors only recommend testing
before meals and fasting, when the general consensus of most posters
here is for post-prandial testing.
I think it comes down to strategy versus tactics. The doctors can't
really control what most patients do on a day-to-day basis, so they
use tests which show the long-term trends of our disease.
Additionally, the vast majority of their patients are not as
pro-active about treating their affliction as the posters here.
We, however, have decided to fight the beast directly and need
real-time knowledge of the effects on our body of different foods and
conditions.
The problem is to convince the doctors; not that they are wrong but
that you are right and need their support.

Cheers Alan, T2, Oz

[email protected] 17-10-2003 05:31 AM

Doctors and Testing

On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 11:57:27 +1000, wrote:

>Again and again people here query why doctors only recommend testing
>before meals and fasting, when the general consensus of most posters
>here is for post-prandial testing.
>I think it comes down to strategy versus tactics. The doctors can't
>really control what most patients do on a day-to-day basis, so they
>use tests which show the long-term trends of our disease.
>Additionally, the vast majority of their patients are not as
>pro-active about treating their affliction as the posters here.
>We, however, have decided to fight the beast directly and need
>real-time knowledge of the effects on our body of different foods and
>conditions.
>The problem is to convince the doctors; not that they are wrong but
>that you are right and need their support.
>
>Cheers Alan, T2, Oz

Sorry - the old finger trouble - meant to post this in a.s.d only.

Cheers Alan, T2, Oz