Peanutjake

Default A Low-Carb Snack I invented

I made a Low-Carb snack today and it came out pretty good. So I thought I would share the recipe.

PEANUTJAKE'S BREADLESS PIZZA

First you MUST use Parchment Paper. It won't work without it.

Slice a tomato very thin.
Spread the tomato slices on the Parchment paper.
Sprinkle some Italian Seasoning on the tomato slices.
Cut some mozzarella into small cubes.
Place a cube of cheese on every tomato slice.

Microwave for 2 minutes.

Let it cool off for 1 minute.

Enjoy.

PJ

Annette

"Peanutjake" > wrote in message
> I made a Low-Carb snack today and it came out pretty good. So I

thought I would share the recipe.

> PEANUTJAKE'S BREADLESS PIZZA
>
> First you MUST use Parchment Paper. It won't work without it.
>
> Slice a tomato very thin.
> Spread the tomato slices on the Parchment paper.
> Sprinkle some Italian Seasoning on the tomato slices.
> Cut some mozzarella into small cubes.
> Place a cube of cheese on every tomato slice.
>
> Microwave for 2 minutes.
>
> Let it cool off for 1 minute.
>
> Enjoy.
>
> PJ

Sounds a little like the recipe for making a "cheese cracker", where
one melts cheese in the microwave to make a sort of cracker. I did
try that, but it was far too salty for my taste. So although your
recipe sounds good, I don't think I'll bother. Maybe the cheese is
saltier here in Oz? It might be OK done under a griller, where one
can "just barely melt" the cheese, and then place the mix on top of
"something".

Here's one for you - I call it steak parmigiana. Serve with a nice
green salad.

After cooking some steak, a slice of bacon, onions and tomatoes, put
the bacon, tomatoes and onions on top of the steak (on a plate),
and then a slice of cheese, and allow the heat of the food to melt
the cheese.

Annette

---

Peanutjake

"Annette" > wrote in message

> "Peanutjake" > wrote in message
> > I made a Low-Carb snack today and it came out pretty good. So I

> thought I would share the recipe.
> >
> > PEANUTJAKE'S BREADLESS PIZZA
> >
> > First you MUST use Parchment Paper. It won't work without it.
> >
> > Slice a tomato very thin.
> > Spread the tomato slices on the Parchment paper.
> > Sprinkle some Italian Seasoning on the tomato slices.
> > Cut some mozzarella into small cubes.
> > Place a cube of cheese on every tomato slice.
> >
> > Microwave for 2 minutes.
> >
> > Let it cool off for 1 minute.
> >
> > Enjoy.
> >
> > PJ
> >

> Sounds a little like the recipe for making a "cheese cracker", where
> one melts cheese in the microwave to make a sort of cracker. I did
> try that, but it was far too salty for my taste.

The cheese I used was marked 90G of sodium for 1 ounce, That is pretty low. I did not notice any
salt taste.
PJ

This is p

Juan Antonio

I think your recipe sounds great. It's similar to an Italian salad called
Insalata Caprese. However the Caprese has fresh basil, ground black pepper,
olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette. YUM. I think I'll try your recipe with
these additions.

Thanks for sharing this!

--
Antonio
Age 37, Type 1 for 10 years
"Peanutjake" > wrote in message
> I made a Low-Carb snack today and it came out pretty good. So I thought I

would share the recipe.

> PEANUTJAKE'S BREADLESS PIZZA
>
> First you MUST use Parchment Paper. It won't work without it.
>
> Slice a tomato very thin.
> Spread the tomato slices on the Parchment paper.
> Sprinkle some Italian Seasoning on the tomato slices.
> Cut some mozzarella into small cubes.
> Place a cube of cheese on every tomato slice.
>
> Microwave for 2 minutes.
>
> Let it cool off for 1 minute.
>
> Enjoy.
>
> PJ

Jim Horne

:
: PEANUTJAKE'S BREADLESS PIZZA
:
: First you MUST use Parchment Paper. It won't work without it.
:
i know of a restaurant that i would swear uses parchment paper on their thin
crust pizza...but i don't think they meant it to be this way...<g>

Colleen

I made that with dinner last night and added a bit of purple onion. Nummy!

"Juan Antonio" > wrote in message
.. .
> I think your recipe sounds great. It's similar to an Italian salad called
> Insalata Caprese. However the Caprese has fresh basil, ground black

pepper,
> olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette. YUM. I think I'll try your recipe

with
> these additions.
>
> Thanks for sharing this!
>
> --
> Antonio
> Age 37, Type 1 for 10 years
> On Insulin Pump
> "Peanutjake" > wrote in message
> > I made a Low-Carb snack today and it came out pretty good. So I thought

> would share the recipe.
> >
> > PEANUTJAKE'S BREADLESS PIZZA
> >
> > First you MUST use Parchment Paper. It won't work without it.
> >
> > Slice a tomato very thin.
> > Spread the tomato slices on the Parchment paper.
> > Sprinkle some Italian Seasoning on the tomato slices.
> > Cut some mozzarella into small cubes.
> > Place a cube of cheese on every tomato slice.
> >
> > Microwave for 2 minutes.
> >
> > Let it cool off for 1 minute.
> >
> > Enjoy.
> >
> > PJ

Peanutjake

"Colleen" }> wrote in message ...
> I made that with dinner last night and added a bit of purple onion. Nummy!

I am glad you enjoyed "Peanutjake's Breadless Pizza.".
I was thinking about all the different no-carb things that you could add. But I wanted to keep the
basic recipe as simple as possible. Then everyone could be creative and add lots of different
no-carb variations.

Anyone who tries it and creates a new version, please post it here.
PJ

Colleen

I found some whole wheat tortilla shells that make psuedo thin crusts for
pizza. It's not a snack but a great meal. I'll make it Greek style with
feta cheese and kalamata olives. Salty but delicious.

"Peanutjake" > wrote in message

> "Colleen" }> wrote in message

> > I made that with dinner last night and added a bit of purple onion.

Nummy!

> I am glad you enjoyed "Peanutjake's Breadless Pizza.".
> I was thinking about all the different no-carb things that you could add.

But I wanted to keep the
> basic recipe as simple as possible. Then everyone could be creative and

add lots of different
> no-carb variations.
>
> Anyone who tries it and creates a new version, please post it here.
> PJ

Cheri

I did just try it, and it was very good. I did 4 thin slices from a
large tomato, and was thinking that a piece of pepperoni on each would
be good, but since I was using your recipe as a snack instead of a meal,
I didn't put it on. Thanks again.

--
Cheri

Peanutjake wrote in message ...

>I am glad you enjoyed "Peanutjake's Breadless Pizza.".
>I was thinking about all the different no-carb things that you could

add. But I wanted to keep the
>basic recipe as simple as possible. Then everyone could be creative and

add lots of different
>no-carb variations.
>
>Anyone who tries it and creates a new version, please post it here.
>PJ

Julie Bove

"Colleen" }> wrote in message
> I made that with dinner last night and added a bit of purple onion.

Nummy!

I had that in an Italian restaurant and it also had some lightly steamed
green beans. All I wanted was that. Shouldn't have ordered the rest of the
food. *L*

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

Julie Bove

"Peanutjake" > wrote in message

> I am glad you enjoyed "Peanutjake's Breadless Pizza.".
> I was thinking about all the different no-carb things that you could add.

But I wanted to keep the
> basic recipe as simple as possible. Then everyone could be creative and

add lots of different
> no-carb variations.
>
> Anyone who tries it and creates a new version, please post it here.

I've made something similar using leftover canned tomatoes. I simply added
some Italian seasoning, topped with shredded cheese and nuked it. I let it
cool until the cheese hardened before eating. Tasted just like pizza!

--
Type 2
http://users.bestweb.net/~jbove/

StuPider

"Peanutjake" > wrote in message ...
> I made a Low-Carb snack today and it came out pretty good. So I thought I would share the recipe.
>
> PEANUTJAKE'S BREADLESS PIZZA
>
> First you MUST use Parchment Paper. It won't work without it.
>
> Slice a tomato very thin.
> Spread the tomato slices on the Parchment paper.
> Sprinkle some Italian Seasoning on the tomato slices.
> Cut some mozzarella into small cubes.
> Place a cube of cheese on every tomato slice.
>
> Microwave for 2 minutes.
>
> Let it cool off for 1 minute.
>
> Enjoy.
>
> PJ

Do you have the nutrition info for Parchment Paper? I bet it's low carbohydrate, and high fiber!

--

p.s. Do you cut your "pizza" with scissors?

Jmmbear

In article . net>, "StuPider"
> writes:

>Do you have the nutrition info for Parchment Paper? I bet it's low
>carbohydrate, and high fiber!
>
>--
>
>p.s. Do you cut your "pizza" with scissors?

Better yet, how about if you use nori? Anyone know what happens to Nori if it
is nuked?
As always YMMV and this is JMO
Jeanne Type 2 Diagnosed 05/28/02
189/154/120
Peanutjake

"StuPider" > wrote

> Do you have the nutrition info for Parchment Paper? I bet it's low carbohydrate, and high fiber!
>
> p.s. Do you cut your "pizza" with scissors?

I have a feeling that you have never used Parchment paper.

The reason I use it is that the Pizza will not stick to it.
If you try the recipe with with a microwave-safe pan, dish or with wax paper you will have an
uneatable mess.
PJ

Jim Horne

"RK" > wrote in message
: ham roll:
:
: slice of Danola ham 99% fat free / 0gm carbs
: can of asparagus (or cook ur own)
:
: slap a bit of mayo on ham, roll up 1 stick of asparagus in ham
: bind with toothpick, enjoy.

of course, 'remove toothpick before consuming' <g>

Peanutjake

"RK" > wrote in message ...
> ham roll:
>
> slice of Danola ham 99% fat free / 0gm carbs
> can of asparagus (or cook ur own)
>
> slap a bit of mayo on ham, roll up 1 stick of asparagus in ham
> bind with toothpick, enjoy.

How long do you microwave it?

Cheri

I like half an avocado with a TBS of Thai Peanut Sauce drizzled over it.
Very fast, very filling, and low carb. I like the sound of your ham and
asparagus roll ups too. :-)

--
Cheri

RK wrote in message ...
>ham roll:
>
>slice of Danola ham 99% fat free / 0gm carbs
>can of asparagus (or cook ur own)
>
>slap a bit of mayo on ham, roll up 1 stick of asparagus in ham
>bind with toothpick, enjoy.

Peanutjake

"RK" > wrote in message ...

> "Peanutjake" > wrote in message
> >
> > "RK" > wrote in message

> > > ham roll:
> > >
> > > slice of Danola ham 99% fat free / 0gm carbs
> > > can of asparagus (or cook ur own)
> > >
> > > slap a bit of mayo on ham, roll up 1 stick of asparagus in ham
> > > bind with toothpick, enjoy.

> > How long do you microwave it?
> >

> you eat it cold

Oh! OK, sorry,
I thought that you were posting a variation on the recipe for Breadless Pizza.
PJ

RK

ham roll:

slice of Danola ham 99% fat free / 0gm carbs
can of asparagus (or cook ur own)

slap a bit of mayo on ham, roll up 1 stick of asparagus in ham
bind with toothpick, enjoy.

"Peanutjake" > wrote in message
> I made a Low-Carb snack today and it came out pretty good. So I thought I

would share the recipe.

> PEANUTJAKE'S BREADLESS PIZZA
>
> First you MUST use Parchment Paper. It won't work without it.
>
> Slice a tomato very thin.
> Spread the tomato slices on the Parchment paper.
> Sprinkle some Italian Seasoning on the tomato slices.
> Cut some mozzarella into small cubes.
> Place a cube of cheese on every tomato slice.
>
> Microwave for 2 minutes.
>
> Let it cool off for 1 minute.
>
> Enjoy.
>
> PJ

RK

"Peanutjake" > wrote in message

> "RK" > wrote in message

> > ham roll:
> >
> > slice of Danola ham 99% fat free / 0gm carbs
> > can of asparagus (or cook ur own)
> >
> > slap a bit of mayo on ham, roll up 1 stick of asparagus in ham
> > bind with toothpick, enjoy.

> How long do you microwave it?

you eat it cold

W. Baker

In alt.support.diabetes Cheri > wrote:
: I like half an avocado with a TBS of Thai Peanut Sauce drizzled over it.
: Very fast, very filling, and low carb. I like the sound of your ham and
: asparagus roll ups too. :-)

: --
: Cheri

: RK wrote in message ...
: >ham roll:
: >
: >slice of Danola ham 99% fat free / 0gm carbs
: >can of asparagus (or cook ur own)
: >
: >slap a bit of mayo on ham, roll up 1 stick of asparagus in ham
: >bind with toothpick, enjoy.

i make an easy pizza soup by heating tomato juice with oregono and/or
basil in it and sprinkle parmigian cheese. if you can have the carbs, a
few cheesit crackers could be added. just go easy on them.

wendy-exercising her arm like crazy:-)