FoodBanter.com

-   -   BG's in Non-Diabetic People (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/13753-bgs-non-diabetic-people.html)

Jolene GJ 12-10-2003 01:03 AM

BG's in Non-Diabetic People

I no that somewhere in my reading, I read that non-Diabetics BG's did not
rise above xxx even after
a heavy meal. Does anyone remember that number?

Thanks,
Jolene

Jennifer 12-10-2003 05:35 AM

BG's in Non-Diabetic People

Non-diabetic numbers a

Fasting: Under 110
1 hour after meals: Under 140
2 hours after meals: Under 120

Jennifer

SouthrnElf 13-10-2003 07:26 PM

BG's in Non-Diabetic People

>Non-diabetic numbers a
>
>Fasting: Under 110
>1 hour after meals: Under 140
>2 hours after meals: Under 120

These are norms but if you test a non diabetic you will find that these numbers
are on the high side. This subject has come up here before and most people who
have tested anyone find they seldom spike so much even after eating like a pig.
After hearing this I tested some of my family and they were right. My husband
ate a very carby meal and topped out at 112. I think thats one of the big
differences, their bodies regulate much better so their BG stay more even
without the vast swings we get. He operates within a variable of about 20 to 25
points while I can swing from 60 to over 200 if I am not careful.