Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default smashed cauliflower recipe

Shopping in a grocery store today , samples were passed out for Rachael
Ray's smashed cauliflower recipe.

Basically cooked very tender in some chicken bouillon, smashed very
fine like mashed potatoes with masher and butter and cheese ( white
cheddar & grated parmesan ) stirred into to make it very creamy. Salt and
pepper of course plus dash of nutmeg.

It was very yummy and I never had it prepared that way.

Thought I would pass it on! I might make this for Thanksgiving it was so
yummy !

Of course I cannot leave a recipe alone and would probably add ( for my
tastes ) some garlic too

Enjoy

Joan

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Joan and her butterflydogs wrote in message <96aQi.719$GM2.553@trndny02>...
>Shopping in a grocery store today , samples were passed out for Rachael
>Ray's smashed cauliflower recipe.
>
>Basically cooked very tender in some chicken bouillon, smashed very
>fine like mashed potatoes with masher and butter and cheese ( white
>cheddar & grated parmesan ) stirred into to make it very creamy. Salt and
>pepper of course plus dash of nutmeg.
>
>It was very yummy and I never had it prepared that way.
>
>Thought I would pass it on! I might make this for Thanksgiving it was so
>yummy !
>
>Of course I cannot leave a recipe alone and would probably add ( for my
>tastes ) some garlic too
>
>Enjoy
>
>Joan

RR probably got the recipe from alt.support.diet.low.carb a few years ago. I
find that a lot with the TV cooks, books, etc. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Joan and her butterflydogs wrote:
> Shopping in a grocery store today , samples were passed out for Rachael
> Ray's smashed cauliflower recipe.
>
> Basically cooked very tender in some chicken bouillon, smashed very
> fine like mashed potatoes with masher and butter and cheese ( white
> cheddar & grated parmesan ) stirred into to make it very creamy. Salt and
> pepper of course plus dash of nutmeg.
>
> It was very yummy and I never had it prepared that way.
>
> Thought I would pass it on! I might make this for Thanksgiving it was so
> yummy !
>
> Of course I cannot leave a recipe alone and would probably add ( for my
> tastes ) some garlic too
>
> Enjoy
>
> Joan

we eat this quite often as a mash potato substitute. Another great
variation is to saute onions and mix them in with the final smashed
cauliflower. I love it this way.

Ed

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Oct 13, 7:03 pm, "Cheri" > wrote:
> Joan and her butterflydogs wrote in message <96aQi.719$GM2.553@trndny02>...
>

> >Shopping in a grocery store today , samples were passed out for Rachael
> >Ray's smashed cauliflower recipe.

> >Basically cooked very tender in some chicken bouillon, smashed very
> >fine like mashed potatoes with masher and butter and cheese ( white
> >cheddar & grated parmesan ) stirred into to make it very creamy. Salt and
> >pepper of course plus dash of nutmeg.

> >It was very yummy and I never had it prepared that way.

> >Thought I would pass it on! I might make this for Thanksgiving it was so
> >yummy !

> >Of course I cannot leave a recipe alone and would probably add ( for my
> >tastes ) some garlic too

> >Enjoy

> >Joan

> RR probably got the recipe from alt.support.diet.low.carb a few years ago. I
> find that a lot with the TV cooks, books, etc. :-)
>
> Cheri

Wouldn't be a bit surprised. That sounds just like a simple variation
on ASDLC's mashed "fauxtato" recipe.

It's one of the reasons why I don't post recipes any more.

Myra

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:39:12 -0700, Myra > wrote:

>It's one of the reasons why I don't post recipes any more.

Yup, you're well-archived, Myra - I had no problem re-finding your
cheesecake recipe last night : )

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Myra wrote in message
.com>...
>On Oct 13, 7:03 pm, "Cheri" > wrote:
>> Joan and her butterflydogs wrote in message

<96aQi.719$GM2.553@trndny02>...

>> >Shopping in a grocery store today , samples were passed out for Rachael
>> >Ray's smashed cauliflower recipe.

>> >Basically cooked very tender in some chicken bouillon, smashed very
>> >fine like mashed potatoes with masher and butter and cheese ( white
>> >cheddar & grated parmesan ) stirred into to make it very creamy. Salt

and
>> >pepper of course plus dash of nutmeg.

>> >It was very yummy and I never had it prepared that way.

>> >Thought I would pass it on! I might make this for Thanksgiving it was so
>> >yummy !

>> >Of course I cannot leave a recipe alone and would probably add ( for my
>> >tastes ) some garlic too

>> >Enjoy

>> >Joan

>> RR probably got the recipe from alt.support.diet.low.carb a few years

ago. I
>> find that a lot with the TV cooks, books, etc. :-)
>>
>> Cheri

>Wouldn't be a bit surprised. That sounds just like a simple variation
>on ASDLC's mashed "fauxtato" recipe.
>
>It's one of the reasons why I don't post recipes any more.
>
>Myra

I can understand that Myra. You and some others were *ripped off* a lot in
the old days by people writing cook books, doing TV shows etc., Sounds like
you're much smarter now. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Myra > wrote:
: On Oct 13, 7:03 pm, "Cheri" > wrote:
: > Joan and her butterflydogs wrote in message <96aQi.719$GM2.553@trndny02>...
: >
: >
: >
[...]

Good to see you posting and it is a shame tht you feel you had to stop
posting recipes. I several ofy yours that got lost when I switched from a
PC to a Mac adn lost all my recipe files!

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Oct 16, 12:21 am, Nicky > wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:39:12 -0700, Myra > wrote:
> >It's one of the reasons why I don't post recipes any more.

> Yup, you're well-archived, Myra - I had no problem re-finding your
> cheesecake recipe last night : )
>
> Nicky.
> T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
> D&E, 100ug thyroxine
> Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

Hi NIcky!

I did a search on myself a couple of months ago, and was shocked to
see how many of my recipes were archived, but I think I'm going to go
down in history for my cheesecake - and I haven't made it in AGES.
LOL!

Myra

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Oct 16, 5:28 am, "Cheri" > wrote:
> Myra wrote in message
>
> .com>...>On Oct 13, 7:03 pm, "Cheri" > wrote:
> >> Joan and her butterflydogs wrote in message

> <96aQi.719$GM2.553@trndny02>...

> and

> >> RR probably got the recipe from alt.support.diet.low.carb a few years

> ago. I
> >> find that a lot with the TV cooks, books, etc. :-)

> >> Cheri

> >Wouldn't be a bit surprised. That sounds just like a simple variation
> >on ASDLC's mashed "fauxtato" recipe.

> >It's one of the reasons why I don't post recipes any more.

> >Myra

> I can understand that Myra. You and some others were *ripped off* a lot in
> the old days by people writing cook books, doing TV shows etc., Sounds like
> you're much smarter now. :-)
>
> Cheri

Hi Cheri!

I don't consider myself as being ripped off - I started writing
professionally when I was 19 years old, so I knew what would happen if
I posted recipes, but it's still a bit of a surprise just to see where
they've gone.

Never fear - the ones I've developed lately (and I've got some great
ones!) are going into one or two different books. I'm writing one
with a fitness trainer/nutritional consultant, and I'm working on my
own book, which will also be a chronology of my weight loss journey.
When I quit smoking in 2005, I gained back weight - not all of it,
though - and I've been losing it yet again. I'm working out 5 days a
week, and I'm even doing personal chefing on the weekends for people
who either low carb, avoid grains, are lactose intolerant, etc. It's
very fulfilling and not bad on the money scale, either. There's
also a large amount of satisfaction in knowing I can stand up in a
kitchen for 5-6 hours at a time without collapsing.

Another change I've made is that I now emphasize natural and whole
foods and avoid the Frankenfoods. My co-author has challenged me to
use only natural sweeteners in my treats, and so I've come up with a
bunch of recipes that use stevia and are highly spiced. I've actually
duplicated the taste of a honey cake - and that's *my* personal
favorite sweet, which I have not yet in almost a decade until
recently. I'm also doing a lot of fun stuff with nut flours, including
a lot of savory dishes.

So, it's all good,

Myra

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

.com>...

7:03 pm, "Cheri" > wrote:

>> <96aQi.719$GM2.553@trndny02>...

Rachael

very

Salt
>> and

so

my

>> ago. I

>> >Wouldn't be a bit surprised. That sounds just like a simple variation
>> >on ASDLC's mashed "fauxtato" recipe.

>> >It's one of the reasons why I don't post recipes any more.

>> >Myra

>> I can understand that Myra. You and some others were *ripped off* a lot

in
>> the old days by people writing cook books, doing TV shows etc., Sounds

like
>> you're much smarter now. :-)
>>
>> Cheri

>Hi Cheri!
>
>I don't consider myself as being ripped off - I started writing
>professionally when I was 19 years old, so I knew what would happen if
>I posted recipes, but it's still a bit of a surprise just to see where
>they've gone.
>
>Never fear - the ones I've developed lately (and I've got some great
>ones!) are going into one or two different books. I'm writing one
>with a fitness trainer/nutritional consultant, and I'm working on my
>own book, which will also be a chronology of my weight loss journey.
>When I quit smoking in 2005, I gained back weight - not all of it,
>though - and I've been losing it yet again. I'm working out 5 days a
>week, and I'm even doing personal chefing on the weekends for people
>who either low carb, avoid grains, are lactose intolerant, etc. It's
>very fulfilling and not bad on the money scale, either. There's
>also a large amount of satisfaction in knowing I can stand up in a
>kitchen for 5-6 hours at a time without collapsing.

Damn Myra, good for you. I will look forward to your books coming out. I
hope it's soon.

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Myra wrote in message

>I don't consider myself as being ripped off - I started writing
>professionally when I was 19 years old, so I knew what would happen if
>I posted recipes, but it's still a bit of a surprise just to see where
>they've gone.

Ripped off wasn't really what I meant, just that if someone posts or uses
your recipes I would at least like for them to attribute it to you and the
others, instead of saying things like " I was fooling around in the kitchen
and came up with all these great recipes and they're in my new book." ;-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Oct 16, 1:53 pm, "W. Baker" > wrote:

> Good to see you posting and it is a shame tht you feel you had to stop
> posting recipes. I several ofy yours that got lost when I switched from a
> PC to a Mac adn lost all my recipe files!
>
> Wendy

Hi Wendy!

If you need replacement recipes, just send me an e-mail, and if
they're something I've posted before, and I'll be happy to send them
to you.

Myra

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Oct 16, 5:28 am, "Cheri" > wrote:
> Myra wrote in message
>
> .com>...>On Oct 13, 7:03 pm, "Cheri" > wrote:
> >> Joan and her butterflydogs wrote in message

> <96aQi.719$GM2.553@trndny02>...

> and

> >> RR probably got the recipe from alt.support.diet.low.carb a few years

> ago. I
> >> find that a lot with the TV cooks, books, etc. :-)

> >> Cheri

> >Wouldn't be a bit surprised. That sounds just like a simple variation
> >on ASDLC's mashed "fauxtato" recipe.

> >It's one of the reasons why I don't post recipes any more.

> >Myra

> I can understand that Myra. You and some others were *ripped off* a lot in
> the old days by people writing cook books, doing TV shows etc., Sounds like
> you're much smarter now. :-)
>
> Cheri

Hi Cheri!

I don't consider myself as being ripped off - I started writing
professionally when I was 19 years old, so I knew what would happen if
I posted recipes, but it's still a bit of a surprise just to see where
they've gone.

Never fear - the ones I've developed lately (and I've got some great
ones!) are going into one or two different books. I'm writing one
with a fitness trainer/nutritional consultant, and I'm working on my
own book, which will also be a chronology of my weight loss journey.
When I quit smoking in 2005, I gained back weight - not all of it,
though - and I've been losing it yet again. I'm working out 5 days a
week, and I'm even doing personal chefing on the weekends for people
who either low carb, avoid grains, are lactose intolerant, etc. It's
very fulfilling and not bad on the money scale, either. There's
also a large amount of satisfaction in knowing I can stand up in a
kitchen for 5-6 hours at a time without collapsing.

Another change I've made is that I now emphasize natural and whole
foods and avoid the Frankenfoods. My co-author has challenged me to
use only natural sweeteners in my treats, and so I've come up with a
bunch of recipes that use stevia and are highly spiced. I've actually
duplicated the taste of a honey cake - and that's *my* personal
favorite sweet, which I have not yet in almost a decade until
recently. I'm also doing a lot of fun stuff with nut flours, including
a lot of savory dishes.

So, it's all good,

Myra

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Oct 16, 7:05 pm, "Cheri" > wrote:

> Damn Myra, good for you. I will look forward to your books coming out. I
> hope it's soon.

Well, the book I'm collaborating on is being put together and edited.
The one I'm working on alone is geared to low carbing in general.

I'm excited about both!

Myra

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

oups.com...

7:03 pm, "Cheri" > wrote:

> > <96aQi.719$GM2.553@trndny02>...

Could I ask a favor? Please understand that some of us live in Countries
that have Metric and some of your foods we haven't ever heard of, so please
think of us poor foreigners :-)

RodS

> Never fear - the ones I've developed lately (and I've got some great
> ones!) are going into one or two different books. I'm writing one
> with a fitness trainer/nutritional consultant, and I'm working on my
> own book, which will also be a chronology of my weight loss journey.
> When I quit smoking in 2005, I gained back weight - not all of it,
> though - and I've been losing it yet again. I'm working out 5 days a
> week, and I'm even doing personal chefing on the weekends for people
> who either low carb, avoid grains, are lactose intolerant, etc. It's
> very fulfilling and not bad on the money scale, either. There's
> also a large amount of satisfaction in knowing I can stand up in a
> kitchen for 5-6 hours at a time without collapsing.
>
> Another change I've made is that I now emphasize natural and whole
> foods and avoid the Frankenfoods. My co-author has challenged me to
> use only natural sweeteners in my treats, and so I've come up with a
> bunch of recipes that use stevia and are highly spiced. I've actually
> duplicated the taste of a honey cake - and that's *my* personal
> favorite sweet, which I have not yet in almost a decade until
> recently. I'm also doing a lot of fun stuff with nut flours, including
> a lot of savory dishes.
>
> So, it's all good,
>
> Myra

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Oct 16, 7:10 pm, "Cheri" > wrote:

> Ripped off wasn't really what I meant, just that if someone posts or uses
> your recipes I would at least like for them to attribute it to you and the
> others, instead of saying things like " I was fooling around in the kitchen
> and came up with all these great recipes and they're in my new book." ;-)

Well, from a copyright standpoint, you can't copy the list of
ingredients, and if you rewrite the instructions and change the title,
it's no longer really my recipe. Even though it is.

Myra

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 23:06:17 -0700, Myra > wrote:

>On Oct 16, 7:05 pm, "Cheri" > wrote:
>
>> Damn Myra, good for you. I will look forward to your books coming out. I
>> hope it's soon.

>Well, the book I'm collaborating on is being put together and edited.
>The one I'm working on alone is geared to low carbing in general.

Cool! Any timescale?

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Being a newbie here, I post only out of sincerity to pass on recipe
info,. I know nothing of archives and where recipes originated for this
group.

I think the general purpose of a recipe post is to help people with their
dietary choices. I try to give credit where credit is due. That's all. I
did not realize where the smashed cauliflower recipe originated. And why
would that cause people to stop posting ?

> Shopping in a grocery store today , samples were passed out for Rachael
> Ray's smashed cauliflower recipe.
>
> Basically cooked very tender in some chicken bouillon, smashed very
> fine like mashed potatoes with masher and butter and cheese ( white
> cheddar & grated parmesan ) stirred into to make it very creamy. Salt

and
> pepper of course plus dash of nutmeg.
>
> It was very yummy and I never had it prepared that way.
>
> Thought I would pass it on! I might make this for Thanksgiving it was so
> yummy !
>
> Of course I cannot leave a recipe alone and would probably add ( for my
> tastes ) some garlic too
>
> Enjoy
>
> Joan

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Susan wrote:

> I made something many years ago that I'd never seen nor heard of, pasta
> with bread crumbs, anchovies, garlic and olive oil that I was sure was
> my own brilliant invention. Years later I began seeing it in a million
> cookbooks and magazines.

Years and years ago I had my own little veggie garden in the Garden
State. I made a delicious vegetable stew with fresh tomato, egg plant,
zucchini, onions, green bell peppers, garlic and fresh basil. I called
it "vegetable stew"

Years later I learned it was a fancy French dish called rattatuille
(sp). I want from a frantic cook trying to use up my over-planted bounty
to a gourmet chef overnight! :-)

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" > wrote in message
. ..

> Yes, Joan, we weren't talking about you posting recipes, or anybody else
> posting recipes. My comment was about some of the TV cooks, and cookbooks,
> and recipes from the old days. I was remembering back when from a
> different
> group. I have all kinds of recipes passed down through the years from
> friends, relatives etc., and I would have no idea where some of them came
> from. Please don't think that I was singling any poster out for posting a
> recipe here. That's what this group is for. :-)

I reposted a recipe (I believe it was here) that I got from another forum.
I modified it somewhat so it wasn't the original recipe and I didn't claim
it to be my own. The person who claimed she invented the recipe freaked
out, contacted her lawyer and then discovered that she hadn't a leg to stand
on because recipes can't be copyrighted. She did ask that if we reposted
it, we give her credit for it.

She disappeared from the forum some time ago and I thought that was odd. I
googled her name only to find out she had written some recipe and diet books
that were soon to be released on Amazon. I'm thinking she used many of us
on the forum for our ideas and input and then just left when she got enough
info. to write those books. Something about her always left me with a bad
feeling. She has websites, both personal and professional and claims to be
world renown and such. I doubt that. Never heard of her aside from that
one forum.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Susan wrote:
>

>> I made something many years ago that I'd never seen nor heard of, pasta
>> with bread crumbs, anchovies, garlic and olive oil that I was sure was my
>> own brilliant invention. Years later I began seeing it in a million
>> cookbooks and magazines.

> Years and years ago I had my own little veggie garden in the Garden State.
> I made a delicious vegetable stew with fresh tomato, egg plant, zucchini,
> onions, green bell peppers, garlic and fresh basil. I called it "vegetable
> stew"
>
> Years later I learned it was a fancy French dish called rattatuille (sp).
> I want from a frantic cook trying to use up my over-planted bounty to a
> gourmet chef overnight! :-)

I did the same thing with a Mexican dish. I was entering a cooking contest.
Was about 12 years old and thought I'd come up with a new Mexican type food.
Alas, my only foray into Mexican food was what I could get at the
Americanized restaurants. I've since learned that what I came up with is a
common food in Mexico and I didn't win the contest, even though I took the
time to make the tortillas from scratch.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Oct 16, 11:07 pm, "RodS" > wrote:

> Could I ask a favor? Please understand that some of us live in Countries
> that have Metric and some of your foods we haven't ever heard of, so please
> think of us poor foreigners :-)
>
> RodS

That's an interesting point you make, and well, I *do* speak metric.
I'll discuss that with my collaborator. Thanks!

As for ingredients, I try to explain unusual ones anyway. For stuff
like "half a stick of butter" I almost always add the actual
measurement ("1/4 cup"), so that shouldn't be a problem.

Myra

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Oct 17, 4:57 am, Nicky > wrote:

> Cool! Any timescale?

The one I'm collaborating on should be soon - hopefully by the end of
the year. The one I'm working on by myself will take longer, as I'd
like to get closer to my goal weight, as it's not just a cookbook, but
a story of how I got from where I started to where I'll be when the
book is finished. If that makes any sense!

Myra

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Oct 17, 3:28 pm, "Joan and her butterflydogs"
> wrote:
> Being a newbie here, I post only out of sincerity to pass on recipe
> info,. I know nothing of archives and where recipes originated for this
> group.
>
> I think the general purpose of a recipe post is to help people with their
> dietary choices. I try to give credit where credit is due. That's all. I
> did not realize where the smashed cauliflower recipe originated. And why
> would that cause people to stop posting ?
>
> Joan

Joan, don't worry - this was about something completely different.
Anyway, if I put a recipe out on the Internet, I expect it will be
copied and taken other places.

Myra

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Myra" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> On Oct 16, 11:07 pm, "RodS" > wrote:
>
> > Could I ask a favor? Please understand that some of us live in Countries
> > that have Metric and some of your foods we haven't ever heard of, so

please
> > think of us poor foreigners :-)
> >
> > RodS

> That's an interesting point you make, and well, I *do* speak metric.
> I'll discuss that with my collaborator. Thanks!
>
> As for ingredients, I try to explain unusual ones anyway. For stuff
> like "half a stick of butter" I almost always add the actual
> measurement ("1/4 cup"), so that shouldn't be a problem.
>
> Myra

Thanks some names for common stuff changes too I am still trying to find out
what "grits" are. Everyone I have asked says "you don't want to know"

RodS

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"RodS" > wrote in message

> Thanks some names for common stuff changes too I am still trying to find
> out
> what "grits" are. Everyone I have asked says "you don't want to know"

Pretty much the same as polenta. I think the only difference is grits are
made of hominy which is corn soaked in lye. Polenta is just corn.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

RodS wrote:

> Thanks some names for common stuff changes too I am still trying to find out
> what "grits" are. Everyone I have asked says "you don't want to know"

Try looking up "hominy grits" as that is the full name.
It's similar to cream of wheat only it's made from maize (corn to
Americans).
--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Good Friends. Good Life
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> RodS wrote:
>
> > Thanks some names for common stuff changes too I am still trying to find

out
> > what "grits" are. Everyone I have asked says "you don't want to know"

> Try looking up "hominy grits" as that is the full name.
> It's similar to cream of wheat only it's made from maize (corn to
> Americans).
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
> Good Friends. Good Life

Thanks I think I may give them a miss. Not sure if I really want to eat
anything made with lye :-)

(o ô)
--ooO-(_)-Ooo-----
RodS T2
Australia

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

the lye makes the protein in the corn absorbable

it's actually pretty good for you

but then, i've never eaten grits, only polenta bread

kate

"Rod S" > wrote in message
news

> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>> RodS wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks some names for common stuff changes too I am still trying to
>> > find

> out
>> > what "grits" are. Everyone I have asked says "you don't want to know"

>> Try looking up "hominy grits" as that is the full name.
>> It's similar to cream of wheat only it's made from maize (corn to
>> Americans).
>> --
>> Janet Wilder
>> Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
>> Good Friends. Good Life

> Thanks I think I may give them a miss. Not sure if I really want to eat
> anything made with lye :-)
>
> (o ô)
> --ooO-(_)-Ooo-----
> RodS T2
> Australia

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Rod S wrote:

> Thanks I think I may give them a miss. Not sure if I really want to eat
> anything made with lye :-)

As far as I'm concerned, you won't be missing much. Definitely not one
of my favorites. :-(

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Good Friends. Good Life

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Tiger Lily wrote in message >...
>the lye makes the protein in the corn absorbable
>
>it's actually pretty good for you
>
>but then, i've never eaten grits, only polenta bread
>
>kate

I love grits, don't eat them anymore, but I do like them. :-)

Cheri

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> Rod S wrote:
>

>> Thanks I think I may give them a miss. Not sure if I really want to eat
>> anything made with lye :-)
>>

> As far as I'm concerned, you won't be missing much. Definitely not one of
> my favorites. :-(

I used to love them with plenty of cheese and chopped onions. Or made into
croquettes and topped with tomato sauce and more cheese!