Old 08-10-2007, 03:59 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Cauliflower: How could it cause such

brigmave wrote in message
. com...
On Oct 7, 5:12 pm, "Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote:
brigmave wrote in message
For what it is worth . I weigh in at 128 pounds and am 5' 8"

tall.
My
daughter is the same and she wears a size 2 (in designer clothing)

and
I wear a 3-5 in off the rack from Nordstrom's. I am at my

heaviest
in
my whole life. When visiting my
mother and father is Norway this summer I stuffed on great cheese

of
the areas.
I also gorged on Salmon fresh from the fiords. I will get back to
normal as fall progresses.No more wonderful fern curls cooked in
butter and wine.
My husband is 6' 4" and weighs in between 198 and 220 depending

what
country we are in at the time
I believe it is our dedication to sport and exercise that keeps
everything well within normal limits.
How much do you weigh and what is your height?
Brig

127 and I'm 5'9." Of courseI have no way of actually knowing what

you
weigh or how tall you are, just as you have no way of knowing about
me, so...I'll stick with that story. LOL You're starting to sound

very
familiar to me, very much like a poster from the past with a

different
nick.

Cheri

Why is it if a person is different from you you outright reject them
or start ad hominem attacks. I came here not too long ago to gain
insight in how others practice their care for Diabetes.
In good faith I posted our way of live and practice. Within our
personal support groups we find that most people are like us and do
not have huge problems with this disease because we don't let it
become the total reason for our being.
Life is just to short to make a disease the focus of ones life.
If you don't accept what I have to say that I would suggest you not
create posts directed to me and which are very critical of my way of
life.
I am very happy with it thusfar.
Thank you and have a bright future.
Brig

You should have mentioned you were using insulin when you were posting
all your meals. It explains a lot of why you can eat that way. BTW,
nobody started any ad hominen attacks, I simply said I didn't believe
you. Turns out, you are using insulin, so now I do believe your
numbers.You have a bright future too.

Cheri

Old 08-10-2007, 05:41 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"brigmave" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Oct 7, 6:20 pm, "Julie Bove" wrote:
"brigmave" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Oct 7, 4:19 pm, "Julie Bove" wrote:
"brigmave" wrote in message

roups.com...

I most eat several serving of fruit during the day following the
ADA
guidelines.
You may laugh, roll on the floor or whatever! You must accept the
fact that people metabolize foods differently.
How do you feel about those who are lactose sensitive? Are they
laughable too?

Most of us here have type 2 and it's an inability to metabolize carbs.
You
seem to be bragging about what you can eat and we can't.

That seems to your interpretation and it is faulty. Do all people
Diabetics or not have to follow in your footsteps to be on the right
road to health?

WTF? I do own the HUGE Joslin book on diabetes. I know what it is. And
nobody has to follow in my footsteps. I am trying to do a raw vegan
diet.
I doubt that would appeal to most people, but it does to me. You seem to
know precious little about diabetes.

And for what it is worth which is not much to you people! I attended
the Joslin Diabetic Center and Clinic in Boston, MA and the Mayo
Diabetic Center in Arizona.in Scottsdale to be exact. I have returned
several time to Mayo as it is very good and presents programs that my
team approves.
So I would say I know a good deal about Diabetes.

So... You live in MA and AZ? I went to Joslin too and no way would they
tell me to eat 150 g of carbs in one sitting.

Old 08-10-2007, 07:34 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 01:22:07 GMT, "Julie Bove"
wrote:

That's what I'm thinking too. And what country is she posting from? First
it sounded like France, then Australia and now I just don't know.

Not Australia or France. US numbers, mg/dl.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
latest: Cinnamon, Spices, Herbs and Similar
Old 08-10-2007, 07:38 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

That's what I'm thinking too. And what country is she posting from?
First
it sounded like France, then Australia and now I just don't know.

Not Australia or France. US numbers, mg/dl.

But the names of the food she refers to is not American.

Old 08-10-2007, 08:56 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 16:12:04 -0700, brigmave
wrote:

On Oct 7, 4:22 am, Nicky wrote:
On Sun, 07 Oct 2007 01:53:58 -0700, brigmave
wrote:

What about fruit? We regularly eat papaya, mango, pineapple, star
fruit, figs, persimmons, apricots and plucots.

Yes, of course you do... many of them fast spikers.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

At the risk of repeating myself all people are NOT created equal in
metabolic functions.
We have these fruits growing on our property and we do eat them and
they do us no harm.
Brig

Bloody idiot. You're covering them with insulin.

So, let's sum up.
- you eat two meals a day
- you eat 200-250g carbs spread across those 2 meals
- you eat several fruits a day
- you're on insulin
- and you rarely test.

Why don't you go away and learn about diabetes and diet someplace
else. You're either a troll or a liar or terminally stupid.

Old 08-10-2007, 03:21 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

brigmave wrote:
I am amazed! How could the consumption of cauliflower cause such a
lengthy discussion?

You must be new to Usenet groups vbg

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Old 08-10-2007, 03:38 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article .com,
brigmave wrote:

On Oct 7, 5:23 pm, Priscilla Ballou wrote:
In article ,

"Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote:
I already told you that I don't believe you. You're either not
testing, or you're not a type2 diabetic. That is my belief. I could be
wrong though, and often am.

No-one's asked his type. I think he's type 1 on insulin, and everyone's
assuming he's type 2.

Priscilla

I am not a "he" and I am not a type to but inbetween 1 and 2 and I do
take insulin.
What do you take?

No more crap from you, that's for sure.

Priscilla, T2, diet and exercise only, last A1c 5.5

Old 08-10-2007, 06:51 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Oct 7, 9:41 pm, "Julie Bove" wrote:
"brigmave" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Oct 7, 6:20 pm, "Julie Bove" wrote:

roups.com...

"brigmave" wrote in message

[...]

It may seem odd to you but one can have homes in more than one state!
Now I am certain they would not tell you to follow the same diet I
have as you are a different person with different metabolism.
Brig

Old 08-10-2007, 06:53 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

That's what I'm thinking too. And what country is she posting from? First
it sounded like France, then Australia and now I just don't know.

Not Australia or France. US numbers, mg/dl.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
--http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
latest: Cinnamon, Spices, Herbs and Similar

If one is on the go one can take their testing equipment across state
lines and countries! Unless there are new rules I am not aware of.
Brig

Old 08-10-2007, 06:59 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

That's what I'm thinking too. And what country is she posting from?
First
it sounded like France, then Australia and now I just don't know.

Not Australia or France. US numbers, mg/dl.

But the names of the food she refers to is not American.

I did not realize that one is supposed to eat only one type of food!
Americans do eat beef, lamb, pork, venison, fish, poultry and other
wild game including rabbit. Are these not American foods?
Please do list foods that are American. My experience has shown that
America has no real cuisine of its own but has adapted the cuisine of
the many cultures that reside there.
Brig

Old 08-10-2007, 07:08 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

[...]

I am so pleased to be called a troll. These dear little creatures
live in the forests
of Norway. The place of my birth. They are considered to bring much
luck and joy and I hope I bring that to you.
I don't plan on going away. You obviously have not read correctly!
It seems you do not understand the in and outs of the diet I follow.
It is the ADA diet. American Diabetic Association diet. It seems to
be quite acceptable amongst
my medical team.
We also are very involved in intensive exercise almost every day.
Calling names has never solved anything. Try and look outside your
experience and see what others are doing and achieving the ultimate
goals one has set.
Thank you for your concern I do appreciate it.
Brig

Old 08-10-2007, 07:15 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Oct 8, 7:38 am, Priscilla Ballou wrote:
In article .com,

brigmave wrote:
On Oct 7, 5:23 pm, Priscilla Ballou wrote:
In article ,

"Cheri" gserviceatinreachdotcom wrote:
I already told you that I don't believe you. You're either not
testing, or you're not a type2 diabetic. That is my belief. I could be
wrong though, and often am.

No-one's asked his type. I think he's type 1 on insulin, and everyone's
assuming he's type 2.

Priscilla

I am not a "he" and I am not a type to but inbetween 1 and 2 and I do
take insulin.
What do you take?

No more crap from you, that's for sure.

Priscilla, T2, diet and exercise only, last A1c 5.5

Thank you for your concern. It would seem that interest in others and
their means of caring for their DM is of little interest to you (the
collective you)
and that there is no person who can differ from your proscribed
beliefs and
régimes. So much for accepting others who are not like yourselves.
Brig

Old 08-10-2007, 09:32 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

brigmave wrote:
:
[...]

Type 2s who are not on insulin have several problems you, apparantly,
don't have. We have insulin resistnce, and usually struggle with wight
issues often brought on by the insulin resistance itself. We also cannot
eat many carbs and cover them with our meds as we cannot make corrections
as insulin users can should the numbers go too high from miscalculation
or over eating.

We mostly find that the ADA diet, which seems to work well for type 1's on
insulin, cdoean't work for us adn the releively large number of carbs
included cause us to have high blood glucose numbers or requie us to take
many more meds wh. The diet also can make weight control much harder to
achieve, just as were you to use more insulin and eat 300-400 carbs a day
in however many meals you want would do. for amny of us hs threashold is
not 200 carbs a day, ut often less than 100.

Ability and time to exercise also varies, even with the best f will. Mst
do not have the time or oportunity to do dressage everyday and ong times
swimming, but crowd exercise inbetween child care, work, adn running a
houshold. some are elderly and have physical issues that prevent a great
deal of exercise. this is the reality of diabetes for those of us who
work o control within the physical, financial, and time limitaions of our
lives.

When I was wworkign with a nutritianist, she advised me to NEVER use the
recipes in the ADA lay magazine, diabees Forcast as they all wee suitable
only for tall males who di dheavy physical labor adn, generally were type
1 and fairly yung. so wht may be YOUR gold standard, may well not by
ours. We test nd fid out what our carb tolerances are adn what specific
foods d t our blood glocose control adn work from there. We cannot
function on a standard diet set b the ADA, but wrk out our own, suign the
diabetes we know best, our own. Some of us improve and some are able to
delay progression to more severe type 2 by our efforts. that s what we
hope for. Type 1 probems and treatments just don't work for us.

How old are you and have you any other incidental conditions or time
constraints that might preclude you from extensive exercise?

Wendy Type 2 for 20 years
metformin EX 1000mgs 2x a day, 1 mg amaryl 1x a day
only two BP meds, down from 6!
Sciatica,
Wet Maacular Degeneration(non-diabetes related)(Avstin shots into the
eyeball every 6 weeks.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:35 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"brigmave" wrote in message
ups.com...

It may seem odd to you but one can have homes in more than one state!
Now I am certain they would not tell you to follow the same diet I
have as you are a different person with different metabolism.

Not odd so much as bragging. And now you say you are going to Sweden too?