Old 10-10-2007, 11:32 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Cauliflower: How could it cause such

"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
Nicky wrote:
On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 00:29:35 -0700, brigmave
wrote:

No I do not take Insulin to cover food.

So what do you think you're taking it for then?!

...and now she posts she is going on the pump?????? Too many
contradictions. Too few truths.

She also wrote to me and told me to try some now banned in the US medication
for gastroparesis. Claimed she gets it when she goes to Sweden (I think
that's what she says) and now her gastroparesis is gone. Yeah right!

Old 11-10-2007, 12:09 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 11:53:56 -0500, Janet Wilder
wrote:

I always tell people that I need to be near the sea because I was born
on an island. It sounds so exotic until they ask "what island?" Then I
tell them Long Island. I was born in Brooklyn. :-)

I was born on an island too; there's a reason for the fourth
line in our national Anthem:

'Australians all let us rejoice
For we are young and free
We've golden soil and wealth for toil,
Our home is girt by sea:'

We are the smallest continent but the largest island. At
least that's what I was taught back in Primary School:-)

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com
latest: Cinnamon, Spices, Herbs and Similar
Old 11-10-2007, 12:12 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 12:07:39 -0500, Janet Wilder
wrote:

Regarding the "snort" we just started to see TV commercials for the new
snorted insulin. Interesting.

Conjures up random thoughts:-)

Considering the security twits who arrest insulin-users who
are injecting in restrooms, can you imagine what it's going
to be like if the snorted insulin kit included a mirror, a
straw and a razor blade?

Old 11-10-2007, 01:10 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Julie Bove wrote:

She also wrote to me and told me to try some now banned in the US medication
for gastroparesis. Claimed she gets it when she goes to Sweden (I think
that's what she says) and now her gastroparesis is gone. Yeah right!

She emailed me right after she started posting. I asked her to respond
on Usenet and she did respect that. I hate clutter in my email box. :-)

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Old 11-10-2007, 01:11 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

wrote:

Regarding the "snort" we just started to see TV commercials for the new
snorted insulin. Interesting.

Conjures up random thoughts:-)

Considering the security twits who arrest insulin-users who
are injecting in restrooms, can you imagine what it's going
to be like if the snorted insulin kit included a mirror, a
straw and a razor blade?

LOL! That was a good one, Alan.

Old 11-10-2007, 02:36 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Susan wrote:

My mothe grew up on the Grand Concourse when it was grand, and graduated
from Evander Childs HS.

Was the omission of the letter 'r' deliberate? If it was, it was really
funny.

(for those who are not familiar with the accent, people from New York
City are known to drop their final 'r's.)

Old 24-10-2007, 06:58 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

brigmave wrote:
I most eat several serving of fruit during the day following the ADA
guidelines.
You may laugh, roll on the floor or whatever! You must accept the
fact that people metabolize foods differently.
How do you feel about those who are lactose sensitive? Are they
laughable too?
Brig

Personally, if someone said their husband was lactose-intolerant and
they posted recipes on a newsgroup for lactose-intolerance, I'd find it
pretty weird if most of the recipes consisted primarily of milk. So
yeah, in that case I'd find them pretty laughable - either they don't
know what lactose-intolerance is, their husband is misdiagnosed or
they're actively trying to kill the guy.

I *don't* follow the ADA guidleines as doing so would require me to take
an awful lot more insulin. However, I eat several serves of fruit each
day also - sticking only to low-sugar fruits like berries, melons and
kiwi. I can't eat them alone though, I need to eat them with a good bit
of fat to avoid a spike... the fat slows the absorption of sugar down
considerably. And rarely at breakfast, fruits work better later in the day.

ObRecipe: Take one cup of fullfat Greek yogurt, stir in 1 TB
strawberry-flavored sugarless DaVinci syrup, measure a cup of whole
strawberries, slice and mix into the yogurt. Makes one serving at 18g
carb, 16g protein and 346 kilocalories.

--
http://www.ornery-geeks.org/consulting/
Old 24-10-2007, 06:59 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

brigmave wrote:

Life is just to short to make a disease the focus of ones life.

Shorter still with uncontrolled bg.

--
http://www.ornery-geeks.org/consulting/
Old 24-10-2007, 07:05 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Cheri wrote:

You should have mentioned you were using insulin when you were posting
all your meals. It explains a lot of why you can eat that way. BTW,
nobody started any ad hominen attacks, I simply said I didn't believe
you. Turns out, you are using insulin, so now I do believe your
numbers.You have a bright future too.

Personally, I don't believe there is a bright future with using a high
level of insulin to cover carbs.

I considered it when I went on insulin myself, that I could maintain bg
control with larger doses of insulin.

But... the thing is, there's too many problems associated with high
levels of serum insulin. It's not as dangerous as high bg, but it's not
trivial either - stuff like increasing plaque deposition in arteries is
not nothing.

ObRecipe:

Pumpkin nut custard: mix together 1/3 cup heavy cream, 1/3 cup water,
1/4 cup cooked mashed pumpkin, 1 egg, 2 TB milk-based protein powder,
sweetener equivalent to 1/4 cup sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ginger,
1/4 tsp cloves and 1/8 tsp nutmeg; pour into buttered casserole and bake
at 350 for 30-45 minutes. 9g carb, 12g protein, 213 kilocalories.

--
http://www.ornery-geeks.org/consulting/