Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default ? on organic coconut oil

Saw a info commercial on Secret Food Cures ( Lydia and Joan Wylan ) and one
of the sisters mentioned that organic coconut oil if taken can help or
prevent a spike in blood sugar for type 2 diabetics.

Since I love to cook and bake and always like to hear about home remedies,
just wondering if any of you have heard of the organic coconut oil to lower
blood sugar.?

I do know that fat delays the absorption of sugar in foods, but how is
coconut oil any different.?
thanks

Joan

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Joan and Papillons: Cosmo & Midge" > wrote in
message news:%HtIi.6962$6B2.1159@trndny04...
> Saw a info commercial on Secret Food Cures ( Lydia and Joan Wylan ) and
> one
> of the sisters mentioned that organic coconut oil if taken can help or
> prevent a spike in blood sugar for type 2 diabetics.
>
> Since I love to cook and bake and always like to hear about home remedies,
> just wondering if any of you have heard of the organic coconut oil to
> lower
> blood sugar.?
>
> I do know that fat delays the absorption of sugar in foods, but how is
> coconut oil any different.?
> thanks

I immediately lost weight when I added 1-2 T. of coconut oil to my diet
every day. Didn't seem to do a thing for my BG though.