Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default okra recipe

No one is crazy over okra in my family except me ! I used to love fried
okra but am trying to stay away from fried stuff.
Now I prepare it in a more healthful manor. I do hope you try this healthy
recipe.

Joan

Sautéed Okra

1 large onion sliced
1 large red bell pepper chopped
1 large yellow bell pepper chopped
several cloves of garlic minced
several garden fresh Roma tomatoes sliced lengthwise
salt,pepper
2 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs butter or margarine
2 dozen small tender okra or 12 medium okra
( Avoid larger okra which are tougher and take much longer to cook )

Prepare cleaned okra by cutting off caps but not exposing seeds !

In skillet combine butter and olive oil over medium heat and sauté the onion
and peppers until softened. Add the garlic and cook a few minutes longer.
Add the tomatoes with okra and cover and cook medium low heat, until okra
is tender but not mushy.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add fresh chopped herbs if desired
over this colorful tasty dish.
Yield 6 servings

Okra Recipe (question) Tommy Joe General Cooking 50 28-09-2014 05:31 PM
Okra gloria.p General Cooking 39 09-05-2010 03:43 PM
Ping Lin: I want your fried okra recipe Christine Dabney General Cooking 0 03-09-2007 06:47 PM
okra pickle recipe ...?????? Kate Preserving 11 28-08-2005 03:47 PM
Okra Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 11 30-09-2003 05:31 PM