Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default sweet tea

There is a tea purveyor in a town near me.

In the shop one can sample 2 teas ,complimentary at a time.

Literally hundreds of varieties, some teas being made from herbs other than
tea leaves.

Some naturally sweet. Roobis ( sp ) ( a African red tea comes from a shrub
I believe ) sweet undertone.

I tried a floral green tea ( made with roses and lemon ) which I loved .

I guess my point is there are teas with sweetness and other attractive
flavors one may try instead of sugar.

I personally never liked sweet beverages.

Now enjoying a varieties of different teas.

And I also love coffee !

Joan

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Joan and Papillons: Cosmo & Midge" > wrote in
message news:WCTCi.3638$pm2.925@trndny08...
> There is a tea purveyor in a town near me.
>
> In the shop one can sample 2 teas ,complimentary at a time.
>
> Literally hundreds of varieties, some teas being made from herbs other
> than
> tea leaves.
>
> Some naturally sweet. Roobis ( sp ) ( a African red tea comes from a
> shrub
> I believe ) sweet undertone.
>
> I tried a floral green tea ( made with roses and lemon ) which I loved .
>
> I guess my point is there are teas with sweetness and other attractive
> flavors one may try instead of sugar.
>
> I personally never liked sweet beverages.
>
> Now enjoying a varieties of different teas.
>
> And I also love coffee !

I tried the Roobis and didn't like it. Too sweet for me. But then I never
liked sweet drinks.