FoodBanter.com

-   -   brussel sprouts recipe (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/133404-brussel-sprouts-recipe.html)

Joan and Papillons: Cosmo & Midge 26-08-2007 12:25 PM

brussel sprouts recipe

Hope you enjoy another healthy and diabetic friendly recipe!

Joan

Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts

2 cups fresh Brussels sprouts, washed and trimmed
1/4 cup walnuts -- chopped
1 tablespoon margarine or butter
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg or to taste
salt and pepper, to taste

Cut the sprouts in half and steam until tender.

Meanwhile, sauté the walnuts in the margarine until golden. Pour over the
sprouts in a serving dish. Sprinkle nutmeg on. Salt and Pepper to taste

Nicky 26-08-2007 09:47 PM

brussel sprouts recipe

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 11:25:32 GMT, "Joan and Papillons: Cosmo & Midge"
> wrote:

>Hope you enjoy another healthy and diabetic friendly recipe!
>
>Joan
>

>Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts

Hmmm - hubby might, Joan - personally I think Brussels Sprouts are the
little nasty droppings of something unmentionable :D It did look a
nice recipe, though. How long would you steam the lovely things for?
Maybe I'm overdoing it....

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

Joan and Papillons: Cosmo & Midge 26-08-2007 10:34 PM

brussel sprouts recipe

think of them as mini cabbages and a great cancer fighting vege.
Great fiber too

I steam/boil till fork tender, maybe about 20 minutes.

I like to put french dressing, or blue cheese dressing on them too :)

Joan

Alan S 27-08-2007 12:56 AM

brussel sprouts recipe

On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 21:47:34 +0100, Nicky
> wrote:

>On Sun, 26 Aug 2007 11:25:32 GMT, "Joan and Papillons: Cosmo & Midge"
> wrote:
>
>>Hope you enjoy another healthy and diabetic friendly recipe!
>>
>>Joan
>>

>>Brussels Sprouts with Walnuts

>Hmmm - hubby might, Joan - personally I think Brussels Sprouts are the
>little nasty droppings of something unmentionable :D

The little green man?

> It did look a
>nice recipe, though. How long would you steam the lovely things for?
>Maybe I'm overdoing it....
>
>Nicky.
>T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
>D&E, 100ug thyroxine
>Last A1c 5.6% BMI 25

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com

brigmave 13-09-2007 08:10 AM

brussel sprouts recipe

Great recipe. WE love Sprouts. I chop them up well and add a nice
vinegrete to the mix.
We also add capers and some pickeled fish. A great appetizer.

On Aug 26, 4:25 am, "Joan and Papillons: Cosmo & Midge"