Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Nopales

Prickly pear fruit are on special next week three for a buck. Anybody
have tips and/or recipes they want to share?

Vicki
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

percy wrote:
> Prickly pear fruit are on special next week three for a buck. Anybody
> have tips and/or recipes they want to share?
>
> Vicki

Prickly pear fruit are "tunas" Nopales are the peeled and sliced leaves.
IIRC, the nopales are low in carbs, but the fruit is sweet. I can't
find a carb count for prickly pears on USDA, but I'd treat one like an
apple.

JMHO.

Nopales are great cooked in your scrambled eggs.

--
Janet Wilder
Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
> percy wrote:
>> Prickly pear fruit are on special next week three for a buck. Anybody
>> have tips and/or recipes they want to share?
>>
>> Vicki

> Prickly pear fruit are "tunas" Nopales are the peeled and sliced leaves.
> IIRC, the nopales are low in carbs, but the fruit is sweet. I can't find a
> carb count for prickly pears on USDA, but I'd treat one like an apple.
>
> JMHO.
>
> Nopales are great cooked in your scrambled eggs.
>
> --
> Janet Wilder
> Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
> Good Friends. Good Life

Try he 1 cup is 14 carbs and 5.4 fiber
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

DesertHare wrote:
> "Janet Wilder" > wrote in message
>> percy wrote:
>>> Prickly pear fruit are on special next week three for a buck. Anybody
>>> have tips and/or recipes they want to share?
>>>
>>> Vicki

>> Prickly pear fruit are "tunas" Nopales are the peeled and sliced leaves.
>> IIRC, the nopales are low in carbs, but the fruit is sweet. I can't find a
>> carb count for prickly pears on USDA, but I'd treat one like an apple.
>>
>> JMHO.
>>
>> Nopales are great cooked in your scrambled eggs.
>>
>> --
>> Janet Wilder
>> Bad spelling. Bad punctuation
>> Good Friends. Good Life

> Try he 1 cup is 14 carbs and 5.4 fiber
> http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/

Even better than an apple!
Thanks.

Nopales and pennies? Todd Diabetic 34 18-07-2013 10:24 PM
Chile verde with nopales ~ Mexican Cooking 1 23-06-2008 04:18 PM
Nopales - cactus paddles Shelora Mexican Cooking 1 15-04-2004 10:53 AM