Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default recipe: broccoli

Glad some of the recipes seemed to be well received .

This combination in the broccoli recipe is simple but delicious. All
ingredients good for you for a variety of health issues.

Joan's Special Broccoli

2 Lbs broccoli florets
Extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup toasted walnuts
squeeze of fresh lemon juice
salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Minced garlic (optional)

Steam the florets crisp tender. Add olive oil as desired to taste ( I use
about 1/4 cup ), squeeze on juice of fresh lemon and add salt and pepper to
taste. Stir in the toasted walnuts. You can mince in a clove of fresh garlic
if desired. Serves 6.

Note: I use the microwave to toast the walnuts.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Joan and Papillons: Cosmo & Midge wrote in message ...

>Glad some of the recipes seemed to be well received .
>

>This combination in the broccoli recipe is simple but delicious.

All
>ingredients good for you for a variety of health issues.
>

>Joan's Special Broccoli
>
>2 Lbs broccoli florets
>Extra virgin olive oil
>1/2 cup toasted walnuts
>squeeze of fresh lemon juice
>salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
>Minced garlic (optional)
>
>Steam the florets crisp tender. Add olive oil as desired to taste ( I

use
>about 1/4 cup ), squeeze on juice of fresh lemon and add salt and

pepper to
>taste. Stir in the toasted walnuts. You can mince in a clove of fresh

garlic
>if desired. Serves 6.
>
>Note: I use the microwave to toast the walnuts.

That sounds really good. :-)

Cheri

finalized my broccoli/meat/gravy recipe KROM Diabetic 9 12-05-2011 11:01 PM
finalized my broccoli/meat/gravy recipe KROM Diabetic 0 11-05-2011 10:05 PM
Recipe: Tuna broccoli casserole [email protected] Diabetic 7 16-02-2006 06:23 PM
broccoli recipe sf General Cooking 3 04-10-2005 09:02 PM
Cream of Broccoli Soup recipe needed kilikini General Cooking 10 19-07-2005 01:23 AM