Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Shiratake Noodles

Any ideas on how to cook with or prepare dishes that include shiratake
noodles?

I've heard of them but just now found them in our small health food store.
I have no idea what to do with them.

Thanks - Barbara H

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Barbara H" > wrote:

> Any ideas on how to cook with or prepare dishes that include shiratake
> noodles?
>
> I've heard of them but just now found them in our small health food store.
> I have no idea what to do with them.

I use them as I would many other kinds of Asian noodles: in soup
noodles, to hold up stirfried meat/vegie combos, and so on. Tonight I'm
planning on making cold sesame noodles with cold cooked chicken and
sliced cucumbers. It's not that hot here, but I've got all the
ingredients in house and needing to be eaten.

One of my favorite simple winter suppers is to take some pork broth
(either real stuff from cooking neck bones or else water with a little
pork essence), get it simmering in a pot, layer in slices of pork that
have marinated in soy sauce, chunks of firm tofu, thick sliced
mushrooms, a mess of Napa cabbage, and steam until the cabbage wilts.
Ladle over a bowl of steaming shiratake noodles, season with soy sauce,
vinegar, and a little bit of toasted sesame oil, sprinkle with chopped
scallions, stick in a pair of chopsticks, and slurp. The steam'll clear
out any blocked sinuses, and I'll be warm to my toes by the time I've
gotten to the bottom of the bowl.

Priscilla

Anyone have any experience with shiratake "miracle" noodles? ImStillMags General Cooking 7 20-07-2011 11:57 PM
My NOODLES! cybercat General Cooking 21 05-12-2008 06:43 PM
Dan-Dan Noodles Glasshousejohn Recipes (moderated) 0 23-02-2006 04:03 AM
Shiratake noodles? OmManiPadmeOmelet General Cooking 18 04-10-2005 03:55 AM
Peddler's Hot and Spicy Noodles (Dandan Noodles) Nicholas Zhou Recipes (moderated) 0 08-11-2003 02:28 PM