Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Thai food

A Thai food place opened near me about a month ago and I was wondering
what choices might be diabetic friendly. I was diagnosed pre-diabetic
last October and I'm still trying to learn what I can safely eat.

Barking Dog
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Barking dog" > wrote in message
>A Thai food place opened near me about a month ago and I was wondering what
>choices might be diabetic friendly. I was diagnosed pre-diabetic last
>October and I'm still trying to learn what I can safely eat.

I don't think there's too much. The sauces often contain sugar. Even a
beef salad is loaded with carbs. I used to have a Thai neighbor and I'd
taste a few bites of her food but could never eat a whole meal.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 21:53:36 -0400, Barking dog
> wrote:

>A Thai food place opened near me about a month ago and I was wondering
>what choices might be diabetic friendly. I was diagnosed pre-diabetic
>last October and I'm still trying to learn what I can safely eat.
>
>Barking Dog

One of the best ways to find out would be to try some and test to see
how it effects you. Noodles are probably not a good option but a
Green Mango or Green Papaya (Som Tam) salad with some Hot & Sour
Shrimp soup (Tom Yam Goong) might not be too bad.

Thai's also make a wonderful Chicken Coconut soup (Tom Kha Gai) that
might be OK depending on how your body handles coconut milk.

My advice is to try small portions and test at 1 and 2 hours after to
see how you do. If you talk with the restaurant staff they may be
willing to serve you smaller portions to try out.

I eat Thai fairly frequently at home and have learned what works for
me. If your an adventurous cook I've also got some pretty good Thai
recipes.

------
Pete Romfh, telecom geek and amateur gourmet.
Houston, TX, USA
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Aug 7, 2:54 am, "Julie Bove" > wrote:
> "Barking dog" > wrote in message

> >A Thai food place opened near me about a month ago and I was wondering what
> >choices might be diabetic friendly. I was diagnosed pre-diabetic last
> >October and I'm still trying to learn what I can safely eat.

> I don't think there's too much. The sauces often contain sugar. Even a
> beef salad is loaded with carbs. I used to have a Thai neighbor and I'd
> taste a few bites of her food but could never eat a whole meal.

Check this page out: http://www.msgtruth.org/whywe.htm

MSG and Aspartame can create an effect in people that not only mimic's
Diabetes it can lead to it. These are both excitotoxins and when used
together can really damage blood plasma causing irregular spikes in
Blood Sugar. Also look up MSG on Wikopedia and do some research on
what MSG and Aspartame are and how they affect the nervous system.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

> wrote in message
ups.com...

> MSG and Aspartame can create an effect in people that not only mimic's
> Diabetes it can lead to it. These are both excitotoxins and when used
> together can really damage blood plasma causing irregular spikes in
> Blood Sugar. Also look up MSG on Wikopedia and do some research on
> what MSG and Aspartame are and how they affect the nervous system.

Ugh! Why did you choose to tell me this? *Sucks down another Aspartame
laden Diet Coke with Lime*. I am not buying your BS. And anyone can post
to Wikipedia. Not sure what Wikopedia is and not gonna look.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

13 mainstream research studies in 24 months showing aspartame
toxicity, also 3 relevant studies on methanol and formaldehyde: Murray
2007.08.17
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aspartameNM/message/1464

,
biochem@paidon-
,niecl1022@io ,sp ,
,

,
,
marcel.goldberg@st-
,tjunghans@tech-
,
,

Aspartame toxicity was shown in thirteen detailed mainstream research
studies in 24 months in work by expert teams in South Africa, England,
Italy, Greece, Hungary, and Mexico.

Very little has been publicized in mass print and broadcast media.

Also highly relevant are a study in South Korea that finds levels of
methanol similar to those from aspartame drinks cause the hangovers
from alcohol drinks, a study in China on Alzheimer's type damage in
nerve cells from low dose formaldehyde, and an IARC review by 25
experts that determines formaldehyde to be a human carcinogen.

Eur J Clin Nutr. 2007 Aug 8; [Epub ahead of print]
Direct and indirect cellular effects of aspartame on the brain.
Humphries P,
Pretorius E,
,
Naudé H.
[1] Department of Anatomy, University of Pretoria, Pretoria, Gauteng,
South Africa
[2] Department of Anatomy, University of the Limpopo, South Africa.

Ultrastruct Pathol. 2007 Mar-Apr; 31(2): 77-83.
Ultrastructural changes to rabbit fibrin and platelets due to
aspartame.
Pretorius E,
Humphries P.
Department of Anatomy, Faculty of Medicine,
University of Pretoria, South Africa.
[ Humphries P also at
Department of Anatomy, University of Limpopo.
Medunsa Campus, Garankuwa. South Africa ]
*Correspondence to E. Pretorius,
BMW Building, PO Box 2034,
Faculty of Health Sciences,
University of Pretoria, Pretoria 0001, South Africa
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aspartameNM/message/1452

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...page_id= 1799
By UK Daily Mail Newspaper
The proof food additives ARE as bad as we feared
By SEAN POULTER Last updated at 09:53am on 18th May 2007

[ This team will publish their confirming study later in 2007. ]
http://adc.bmj.com/cgi/content/full/89/6/506
Archives of Disease in Childhood 2004; 89(6): 506-511
Erratum in: Arch Dis Child. 2005 Aug; 90(8): 875.
© 2004 BMJ Publishing Group & Royal College of Paediatrics and Child
Health
The effects of a double blind, placebo controlled, artificial food
colourings and benzoate preservative challenge on hyperactivity in a
general population sample of preschool children
B Bateman 1,
J O Warner 1, ,
E Hutchinson 3,
T Dean 5,
,
P Rowlandson 4, Dr. Piers Rolandson, Paediatric Tutor
C Gant 5,
J Grundy 5,
C Fitzgerald 3
and J Stevenson 2
,
1 Infection, Inflammation and Repair Division, University of
Southampton, Southampton, UK
2 Department of Psychology, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
3 Department of Clinical Psychology, St Mary's Hospital, Isle of
Wight, UK
4 Department of Paediatrics, St Mary's Hospital, Isle of Wight, UK
5 David Hide Asthma and Allergy Research Centre, St Mary's Hospital,
Isle of Wight, UK
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aspartameNM/message/1461

www.ehponline.org/members/2007/10271/10271.pdf free full text 24 pages
National Institutes of Health
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH PERSPECTIVES
Lifespan Exposure to Low Doses of Aspartame Beginning During Prenatal
Life Increases Cancer Effects in Rats
doi:10.1289/ehp.10271 (available at http://dx.doi.org/)
Online 13 June 2007
Morando Soffritti 1,
Fiorella Belpoggi 1,
Eva Tibaldi 1,
Davide Degli Esposti 1,
Michela Lauriola 1
1 Cesare Maltoni Cancer Research Center, European Ramazzini Foundation
of Oncology and Environmental Sciences, Bologna Italy
Address of the institution: Cesare Maltoni Cancer Research Center,
European Ramazzini Foundation of Oncology and Environmental Sciences
Castello di Bentivoglio, Via Saliceto, 3, 40010 Bentivoglio, Bologna,
Italy +39 051 6640460 fax +39 051 6640223
, www.ramazzini.it
Address correspondence to: M. Soffritti
Acknowledgements:
This research was supported entirely by the European Ramazzini
Foundation Environmental Sciences.
The authors declare that they have no competing financial interests.

http://www.ramazzini.it/fondazione/d..._Ramazzini.pdf
Results of Long-Term Carcinogenicity Bioassay on Sprague-Dawley Rats
Exposed to Aspartame Administered in Feed
Ann. N.Y. Acad. Sci. 2006 Sep; 1076: 559-577.
Fiorella Belpoggi,
Morando Soffritti,
Michela Padovani,
Davide Degli Esposti,
Michelina Lauriola, and
Franco Minardi.
The end judges everything -- HERODOTUS (480-425 B.C.) The History
Cesare Maltoni Cancer Research Center,
European Foundation of Oncology and Environmental Sciences
'B. Ramazzini', 40010 Bentivoglio, Bologna, Italy
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aspartameNM/message/1382
[ and, previously ]
First experimental demonstration of the multipotential
carcinogenic effects of aspartame administered in the feed to Sprague-
Dawley rats.
Environ. Health Perspect. 2006 Mar; 114: 379-385. PMID: 16507461
Soffritti M, Belpoggi F, Degli Esposti D, Lambertini L, Tibaldi E,
Rigano A.
Environmental Health Perspectives Volume 113, Number 11
November 2005 Current print issue
The full version of this article is available for free in PDF format.
http://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/members/2005/8711/8711.pdf 35 pages
First Experimental Demonstration of the
Multipotential Carcinogenic Effects of Aspartame
Administered in the Feed to Sprague-Dawley Rats.
Morando Soffritti, Fiorella Belpoggi, Davide Degli Esposti,
Luca Lambertini, Eva Tibaldi, and Anna Rigano.
doi:10.1289/ehp.8711 (available at http://dx.doi.org/)
Online 17 November 2005
The National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
http://www.ehponline.org/
Cesare Maltoni Cancer Research Center,
European Ramazzini Foundation of Oncology and
Environmental Sciences
Sofritti, M. et al. 2005.
Aspartame induces lymphomas and leukaemias in rats.
Eur. J. Oncol. 2005; 10: 107-116.

Food Chem Toxicol. 2007 Jun 16;[Epub ahead of print]
The effect of aspartame metabolites on the suckling rat
frontal cortex acetylcholinesterase. An in vitro study.
Simintzi I,
Schulpis KH, ,
Angelogianni P,
Liapi C,
Tsakiris S.
,
Department of Experimental Physiology, Medical School,
University of Athens,
P.O. Box 65257, GR 15401 Athens, Greece.

Toxicology. 2007 May 18; [Epub ahead of print]
l-Cysteine and glutathione restore the reduction of rat hippocampal
Na(+),K(+)-ATPase activity induced by aspartame metabolites.
Simintzi I,
Schulpis KH,
Angelogianni P,
Liapi C,
Tsakiris S.
Department of Experimental Physiology,
Medical School, Athens University,
P.O. Box 65257, GR-15401 Athens, Greece.

Pharmacol Res. 2007 May 13; [Epub ahead of print]
The effect of aspartame on acetylcholinesterase activity in
hippocampal homogenates of suckling rats.
Simintzi I,
Schulpis KH,
Angelogianni P,
Liapi C,
Tsakiris S.
Department of Experimental Physiology,
Medical School, University of Athens,
P.O. Box 65257, GR-15401 Athens, Greece.

Eur J Clin Nutr. 2005 Dec 14; [Epub ahead of print]
The effect of L-cysteine and glutathione on inhibition of
Na(+), K(+)-ATPase activity by aspartame metabolites
in human erythrocyte [red blood cell] membrane.
Schulpis KH, Kleopatra H. Schulpis, MD, PhD.
Institute of Child Health, Aghia Sophia Children's Hospital,
GR-11527 Athens (Greece) +30 1 7708291, Fax +30 1 7700111

Papassotiriou I,
,
Tsakiris T,
Tsakiris S. Stylianos Tsakiris.
,
1 Institute of Child Health, Research Center,
'Aghia Sophia' Children's Hospital, Athens, Greece.

Pharmacol Res. 2005 Aug 26; [Epub ahead of print]
The effect of aspartame metabolites on human [red blood cell]
erythrocyte membrane acetylcholinesterase activity.
Tsakiris S,
Giannoulia-Karantana A,
Simintzi I,
Schulpis KH.
Department of Experimental Physiology, Medical School,
University of Athens, P.O. Box 65257, GR-154 01 Athens, Greece.
Stylianos Tsakiris. ,
Giannoulia-Karantana A. First Department of Pediatrics,
Aghia Sophia Children's Hospital, University of Athens, Greece.
Kleopatra H. Schulpis, MD, PhD. Institute of Child Health,
Aghia Sophia Children's Hospital, GR-11527 Athens (Greece)
Tel. +30 1 7708291, Fax +30 1 7700111

[ Papoutsakis T.
,
Papadopoulos G. Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology,
University of Thessaly, Ploutonos 26, 41221 Larisa, Greece
, ]
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aspartameNM/message/1213

In Vivo. 2007 Jan-Feb; 21(1): 89-92.
The effect of aspartame administration on oncogene and suppressor gene
expressions.
Gombos K, ,
Varjas T,
Orsos Z,
Polyak E,
Peredi J,
Varga Z,
Nowrasteh G,
Tettinger A,
Mucsi G,
Ember I.
Faculty of Medicine, Institute of Public Health University of Pecs,
Pecs, Hungary.

Hum Exp Toxicol. 2006 Aug; 25(8): 453-9.
The effect of aspartame on rat brain xenobiotic-metabolizing enzymes.
Vences-Mejia A 1,
Labra-Ruiz N 1,
Hernandez-Martinez N 1,
Dorado-Gonzalez V 1,
Gomez-Garduno J 1,
Perez-Lopez I 1,
Nosti-Palacios R 1,
Camacho Carranza R 2,
Espinosa-Aguirre JJ 2.
Laboratorio de Toxicologia Genetica,
1: Instituto Nacional de Pediatria, Insurgentes Sur, 3700-C,
04530 Mexico, DF Mexico.
2: Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas, UNAM, Apartado postal
70228,
Ciudad Universitaria 04510 México, D.F., México
http://www.biomedicas.unam.mx/index.asp
*Correspondence: JJ Espinosa-Aguirre, Instituto de Investigaciones
Biome´dicas, UNAM, Apartado postal 70228, Ciudad
Universitaria 04510 Me´xico, D.F., Me´xico
Human & Experimental Toxicology (2006) 25(8): 453 - 459.
www.sagepublications.com
c 2006 SAGE Publications 10.1191/0960327106het646oa
[ Dra. Araceli Vences M
Jefa de Laboratorio de Toxicologia Genetica
6° P de Hospital Laboratorios
10 84 09 00 Ext.1410 -1448 , ]
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aspartameNM/message/1373

Toxicol Sci. 2006 Mar;90(1):178-87.
Synergistic interactions between commonly used food additives in a
developmental neurotoxicity test.
Lau K, McLean WG, Williams DP, Howard CV.
Developmental Toxicopathology Unit,
Department of Human Anatomy & Cell Biology,
University of Liverpool, Sherrington Buildings, Liverpool L69 3GE, UK;
Department of Pharmacology & Therapeutics,
University of Liverpool, Sherrington Buildings, Liverpool L69 3GE, UK.
W. Graham McLean ,
C. V. Howard
,
D. P. Williams
, 0151 794 5791 http://www.liv.ac.uk/
Miss. Karen Lau , 0151 795 4223
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aspartameNM/message/1271

http://www.biomedcentral.com/content...1-2202-8-9.pdf
free full text 28 pages
This Provisional PDF corresponds to the article as it appeared upon
acceptance.
Copyedited and fully formatted PDF and full text (HTML) versions will
be made available soon.
Amyloid-like aggregates of neuronal tau induced by formaldehyde
promote
apoptosis of neuronal cells
BMC Neuroscience 2007 Jan 23, 8(1): 9 doi: 10.1186/1471-2202-8-9
Chunlai Nie ,
Xing sheng Wang
,
Ying Liu
,
Sarah Perrett
,
Rongqiao He
,
ISSN 1471-2202
Article type Research article
Submission date 15 August 2006
Acceptance date 23 January 2007
Publication date 23 January 2007
Article URL
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2202/8/9
Chun Lai Nie 1,3,
Xing Sheng Wang 1,3,
Ying Liu 1,
Sarah Perrett 2 and
Rong Qiao He 1,3*
1 State Key Laboratory of Brain and Cognitive Science,
Institute of Biophysics, 15 Datun Rd, Chaoyang District, Beijing
100101, China
2 National Laboratory of Biomacromolecules,
Institute of Biophysics, 15 Datun Rd, Chaoyang District, Beijing
100101, China
3 Graduate School, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 19 Yuquan Rd,
Shijingshan
District, Beijing 100049, China
*Corresponding author
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/aspartameNM/message/1406

Addict Biol. 2005 Dec;10(4): 351-5.
Concentration changes of methanol in blood samples during
an experimentally induced alcohol hangover state.
Woo YS, Yoon SJ, Lee HK, Lee CU, Chae JH, Lee CT, Kim DJ.
Chuncheon National Hospital, Department of Psychiatry,
The Catholic University of Korea, Seoul, Korea.
http://www.cuk.ac.kr/eng/
Songsin Campus: 02-740-9714 Songsim Campus: 02-2164-4116
Songeui Campus: 02-2164-4114
http://www.cuk.ac.kr/eng/sub055.htm eight hospitals

" Absorbed formaldehyde can be oxidized to formate and carbon dioxide
or can be incorporated into biologic macromolecules. "

[ References include: Soffritti M, Belpoggi F, Lambertini L, Lauriola
M,
Padovani M, Maltoni C. 2002. Results of long-term experimental studies
on the carcinogenicity of formaldehyde and acetaldehyde in rats. Ann
NY Acad Sci 982: 87-105.

Soffritti M, Maltoni C, Maffei F, Biagi R. 1989. Formaldehyde: an
experimental multipotential carcinogen. Toxicol Ind Health 5:699-730.
"
Morando Soffritti is a member of the Working Group. ]

http://www.ehponline.org/members/2005/7542/7542.html free full text

After a thorough discussion of the epidemiologic, experimental, and
other relevant data, the working group concluded that formaldehyde is
carcinogenic to humans, based on sufficient evidence in humans and in
experimental animals.

In the epidemiologic studies, there was sufficient evidence that
formaldehyde causes nasopharyngeal cancer, "strong but not sufficient"
evidence of leukemia, and limited evidence of sinonasal cancer.

The working group also concluded that 2-butoxyethanol and
1-tert-butoxy-2-propanol are not classifiable as to their
carcinogenicity to humans, each having limited evidence in
experimental animals and inadequate evidence in humans.

These three evaluations and the supporting data will be published as
Volume 88 of the IARC Monographs. PMID: 16140628

Environ Health Perspect. 2005 Sep; 113(9): 1205-8.
Meeting report: summary of IARC monographs on formaldehyde, 2-
butoxyethanol, and 1-tert-butoxy-2-propanol.
Cogliano VJ, Vincent James Cogliano ,
Grosse Y, Yann Grosse
,
Baan RA, Robert A. Baan
,
Straif K, Kurt
,
Secretan MB, Marie Béatrice Secretan
,
El Ghissassi F, Fatiha El Ghissassi
,
Working Group for Volume 88.

IARC, 150 Cours Albert Thomas, 69372 Lyon CEDEX 08, France
Tel: +33 (0)4 72 73 84 85 - Fax: +33 (0)4 72 73 85 75
© IARC 2004 - All Rights Reserved
http://monographs.iarc.fr ,

Monographs Recently Published

IARC Monographs Vol 88
Formaldehyde, 2-Butoxyethanol and 1-tert-Butoxypropan-2-ol
December 2006
478 pages
ISBN 92 832 1288 6
US$ 40

This volume re-evaluates the available evidence on the carcinogenic
potential of formaldehyde, a substance that is found in the workplace
and in the environment.
Formaldehyde is widely used in resins that bind wood products, pulp
and paper; in glasswool and rockwool insulation; in plastics and
coatings, textile finishing, chemical manufacture; and as a
disinfectant and preservative.
Also evaluated are two glycol ethers, 2-butoxyethanol and 1-tert-
butoxypropan-2-ol,
which are widely used as solvents in paints and paint thinners,
coatings, glass and surface cleaners, inks, adhesives, personal-care
products, and as chemical intermediates.
As for formaldehyde, there is sufficient evidence in epidemiological
studies for nasopharyngeal cancer, strong but not sufficient evidence
for leukaemia, and limited evidence for sinonasal cancer.
The extensive scientific database on the mechanisms by which
formaldehyde can induce nasal-tract cancer in humans is considered.
These data provide strong support for the empirical observation of
nasopharyngeal cancer in humans.
In contrast, the lack of information on possible mechanisms by which
formaldehyde might increase the risk for leukaemia in humans tempered
the interpretation of the epidemiological data on that cancer.
Although this volume focuses on a qualitative assessment of the
carcinogenic potential of formaldehyde, subsequent predictions of the
risks for nasopharyngeal cancer should consider pertinent information
on mechanisms of carcinogenesis, including genotoxicity and dose-
dependent cytoxicity.
A theme common to the three evaluations is the consideration of
mechanistic information to develop and evaluate hypotheses on the
sequence of steps that lead to the induction of tumours in
experimental animals.
The hypothesized mechanisms described provide an interesting set of
cases that range from a vast literature on respiratory tract tumours
in rats induced by the inhalation of formaldehyde to some more
tentative hypotheses on the various tumours observed in animals
following exposure to both glycol ethers.
Recurring issues were the criteria that characterize a rare tumour or
how to introduce additional information to resolve difficult
questions; for example, how to consider the results of historical
controls.

International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France.

An international, interdisciplinary working group of expert scientists
met in June 2004 to develop IARC Monographs on the Evaluation of the
Carcinogenic Risk of Chemicals to Humans (IARC Monographs) on
formaldehyde, 2-butoxyethanol, and 1-tert-butoxy-2-propanol.

Each IARC Monograph includes a critical review of the pertinent
scientific literature and an evaluation of an agent's potential to
cause cancer in humans.

Key words: 1-tert-butoxy-2-propanol, 2-butoxyethanol, carcinogen,
formaldehyde, glycol ethers, hazard identification, IARC Monographs,
leukemia, nasopharyngeal cancer, sinonasal cancer. Environ Health
Perspect 113: 1205-1208 (2005) .
doi:10.1289/ehp.7542 available via
http://dx.doi.org/ [Online 12 May
2005]

Address correspondence to V.J. Cogliano, Carcinogen Identification and
Evaluation, International Agency for Research on Cancer, 150 cours
Albert Thomas, 69372 Lyon cedex 08, France.
33-4-72-73-84-76. fax 33-4-72-73-83-19 ,

The Working Group for Volume 88 of the IARC Monographs includes:

Ulrich Andrae (Germany) ,
, Dr. Ulrich Andrae, GSF-
Institut für Toxikologie,. Postfach 1129, D-85758 Neuherberg, Germany
Fax: 149-089-3187-3449 Sherwood Burge (UK),

Rajendra S Chhabra (USA) ,
http://dir.niehs.nih.gov/dirtob/chhabra.htm
, General Toxicology Group, TOB, ETP, DIR

John Cocker (UK) , Health and Safety Laboratory, Buxton, UK
,

David N Coggon (UK) , MRC Environmental Epidemiology Unit at the
University of Southampton, UK
,

Rory Conolly (USA) ,
, Senior Research Biologist,
National Center for Computational Toxicology, Office of Research and
Development, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency

Paul Demers (Canada) ,
, Occupational Hygiene
Institute, University of British Columbia

David A Eastmond (USA) ,
, Enviromental
Toxicology
Graduate Program, University of California Riverside, CA 92521 (951)
827-4497 (Voice) (951) 827-3087 (Fax)

Elaine Faustman (USA) ,
, Professor, Env. and
Occ. Health Sciences, Adjunct Professor, Evans School 206-685-2269

Victor J Feron (the Netherlands) , TNO Nutrition and Food Research
(retired), The Netherlands TNO-CIVO TOXICOLOGY AND NUTRITION INSTITUTE
Utrechtseweg 48 3704 HE Zeist The Netherlands (31)-3404 44 144

Michel Gérin (Canada, Chair) ,
, Departement de
medecine du travail et d'hygiene du milieu, Universite de Montreal,
Quebec, Canada.

Marcel Goldberg (France) ,
,
France -- National Institute of Health and Medical Research INSERM
Unite 88, HNSM 14 Rue de Val d'Osne F-94410 St. Maurice France [33]
1-451-83859 [33] 1-451-83889 Departement Sante Travail, Institut de
Veille Sanitaire, 12, rue du Val d'Osne, 94410 Saint Maurice, France

Bernard D Goldstein (USA) ,
, Director of the
Environmental and Occupational Health Sciences Institute and Professor
and Chair of the Department of Environmental and Community Medicine at
UMDNJ - Robert Wood Johnson Medical School. Dean's Office, University
of Pittsburgh Graduate School of Public Health, A624 Crabtree Hall,
130 DeSoto St., Pittsburgh, PA 15261, USA.

Roland C Grafström (Sweden) ,
, Roland C
Grafström, Institute of Environmental Medicine, Karolinska Institutet,
Box 210, S−17177 Stockholm, Sweden Telefax: +46-8−329402

Johnni Hansen (Denmark) ,
, PhD, Senior researcher,
Danish Cancer Registry , Institute of Cancer Epidemiology, Danish
Cancer Society, Strandboulevarden 49, DK-2100, Copenhagen, Denmark.

Michael Hauptmann (USA) , The National Cancer Institute

Kathy Hughes (Canada) , Head, Existing Substances Section 1, Health
Canada,

Ted Junghans (USA) ,
, Technical Resources
International, Inc., 6500 Rock Spring Drive, Suite 650, Bethesda, MD
20817, USA.

Dan Krewski (Canada) , MHA, MSc, PhD
, Professor
Director, R. Samuel McLaughlin Centre for Population Health Risk
Assessment, Institute of Population Healt, 1 Stewart Street, Room 320,
Phone: (613) 562-5381 Fax: (613)562-5380

Steve Olin (USA) ,
, ILSI International Life Sciences
Institute

Martine Reynier (France) ,
, Mme Martine
REYNIER,
Institut National de Recherche et de Sécurité (INRS), 30, rue Olivier
Noyer, 75680 Paris Cedex 14 (France) Tel : +33 (0)1 40 44 30 81 Fax :
+33 (0)1 40 44 30 54

Judith Shaham (Israel) ,
, Occupational Cancer
Department, National Institute of Occupational and Environmental
Health,
Raanana, Israel. MD, Occupational Cancer Unit, Occupational Health &
Rehabilitation Institute, P.O. Box 3, Raanana 43100, ISRAEL

Morando Soffritti (Italy) ,
, European Foundation of
Oncology and Environmental Sciences "B. Ramazzini", Cesare Maltoni
Cancer Research Center, Bologna, Italy

Leslie Stayner (USA) ,
, Division of Epidemiology and
Biostatistics, University of Illinois at Chicago School of Public
Health (M/C 923), 1603 West Taylor Street, Room 971, Chicago, IL
60612. E-mail:

Patricia Stewart (USA) , National Food Safety and Toxicology Center,
165 Food Safety and Toxicology Building, Michigan State University,
East Lansing, MI 48824; fax (517) 432-2310

Douglas Wolf (USA) ,
, DVM, PhD, USEPA, (Toxicology)

We gratefully acknowledge the important contributions of the
administrative staff of the IARC Monographs: S. Egraz, M. Lézère, J.
Mitchell, and E. Perez.
The IARC Monographs are supported, in part, by grants from the U.S.
National Cancer Institute, the European Commission, the U.S. National
Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, and the U.S. Environmental
Protection Agency.
The authors declare they have no competing financial interests.
Received 31 August 2004 ; accepted 12 May 2005.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

aspartame bans, tis more an avalanche than a trend...: Rich Murray
2007.08.17

[ see also:
ASDA, Wal-Mart's UK supermarket chain, bans artificial colors, trans
fats, MSG and aspartame, Marguerite Kelly, The Washington Post: Murray
2007.08.03 ]

So far, USA print and broadcast media are deaf, blind, and dumb,
regarding recent major bans of aspartame and MSG in the UK and EU.

The EU Parliament voted July 12 to ban artificial sweeteners
in newly born and infant foods.

On May 15 four huge UK supermarket chains announced bans
of aspartame and MSG, food dyes, and many additives
to protect kids from ADHD --
Sainsbury, Tesco, Marks & Spencer, and ASDA, a unit of WalMart.

May 31: Coca-Cola and the much larger Cargill Inc.,
after years of secret development, with 24 patents,
will soon sell rebiana (stevia) in drinks and food
in the many nations where it is approved as a sweetener --
for decades a major sweetener in Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan,
Thailand, Malasia, Saint Kitts, Nevis,
Brazil, Peru, Paraguay, Uruguay, and Israel,
and an approved supplement in USA, Australia, and Canada,
according to Wikipedia.

recent research and news re aspartame and stevia: Murray 2007.08.16

"Of course, everyone chooses, as a natural priority,
to actively find, quickly share, and positively act
upon the facts about healthy and safe food, drink,
and environment."

Rich Murray, MA Room For All
505-501-2298 1943 Otowi Road, Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505

group with 81 members, 1,464 posts in a public,
searchable archive http://RMForAll.blogspot.com

Aspartame Controversy, in Wikipedia democratic
encyclopedia, 72 references (including AspartameNM # 864
and 1173 by Murray, brief fair summary of much more research:
Murray 2007.01.01

Souring on fake sugar (aspartame), Jennifer Couzin,
Science 2007.07.06: 4 page letter to FDA from 12 eminent
USA toxicologists re two Ramazzini Foundation
cancer studies 2007.06.25: Murray 2007.07.18

Artificial sweeteners (aspartame, sucralose) and coloring
agents will be banned from use in newly-born and baby foods,
the European Parliament decided: Latvia ban in schools 2006:
Murray 2007.07.12

stevia to be approved and cyclamates limited by
Food Standards Australia New Zealand:
JMC Geuns critiques of two recent stevia studies by Nunes:
Murray 2007.05.29

more from The Independent, UK, Martin Hickman, re ASDA
(unit of Wal-Mart Stores) and Marks & Spencer ban of
aspartame, MSG, artificial chemical additives and dyes
to prevent ADHD in kids: urray 2007.05.16
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/hea...cle2548747.ece

ASDA (unit of Wal-Mart Stores WMT.N) and Marks & Spencer
will join Tesco and also Sainsbury to ban and limit
aspartame, MSG, artificial flavors dyes preservatives additives,
trans fats, salt "nasties" to protect kids from ADHD:
leading UK media: Murray 2007.05.15

Coca-Cola and Cargill Inc., after years of development,
with 24 patents, will soon sell rebiana (stevia)
in drinks and foods: Murray 2007.05.31

into Thai food? Monica_FineFood General Cooking 3 11-01-2011 07:20 PM
Thai Food | Benjarong Thai Food Restaurant - Chennai | A Slice ofThailand on your Plate mamta Asian Cooking 0 26-10-2009 08:37 AM
Thai Food clay General Cooking 7 22-01-2008 10:10 PM
Thai Food Tigerlilly General Cooking 3 09-04-2006 11:00 PM
OT (?): Thai food your ass is collapsing Asian Cooking 0 31-10-2005 07:53 AM