Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Hi

Hello
I am new to this group. and I was just diagnosed with Diabetes... I
only know some things about diabetics.. My grandfather was one and I
whatched what kind of foods he ate when I was a kid.. And I NEVER
understood why he only ate those things.. Until I was explaned to by
my mother...

Now when I was diagnosed, I thought this was a nightmare... That it
can't be... I'm 23 and newly wedded.. My husband has been my support
and food messurer making sure I receive the right amount for the past
5 days.. Next week the doctors are suppose to take a sugar test and
put me on meds...

I started searching for others and came upon this group...
I hope to learn more ways to cook and deal with diabetes..

Lady D
AKA Maria

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

it was 11 years ago this month for me,i was diagnosed with it when i
was 22,i spent a week and a half in the hospital(4 days in Intensive
Care)i have adapted very well,i have alot of support from my family.

On 13 Apr 2007 15:38:53 -0700, "
> wrote:

>Hello
>I am new to this group. and I was just diagnosed with Diabetes... I
>only know some things about diabetics.. My grandfather was one and I
>whatched what kind of foods he ate when I was a kid.. And I NEVER
>understood why he only ate those things.. Until I was explaned to by
>my mother...
>
>Now when I was diagnosed, I thought this was a nightmare... That it
>can't be... I'm 23 and newly wedded.. My husband has been my support
>and food messurer making sure I receive the right amount for the past
>5 days.. Next week the doctors are suppose to take a sugar test and
>put me on meds...
>
>I started searching for others and came upon this group...
>I hope to learn more ways to cook and deal with diabetes..
>
>Lady D
>AKA Maria

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Glad you found the group.
There are two really great books you might want to pick up.
1. The First Year Type 2 Diabetes, an Essential Guide to the Newly
Diagnosed. by Gretchen Becker. This book will teach you a lot. It
helped me get through the start of all this one year ago.

2. Atkins Diabetes Book. Excellent review of drugs available. How it
affects other body functions like lipids, Recipes for low carb eating
and the reasons why a low carb approach is best. You can get this on
Amazon for about 50 cents plus shipping.

Good luck and stay tuned here.
Ed

It happens that formulated :
> Hello
> I am new to this group. and I was just diagnosed with Diabetes... I
> only know some things about diabetics.. My grandfather was one and I
> whatched what kind of foods he ate when I was a kid.. And I NEVER
> understood why he only ate those things.. Until I was explaned to by
> my mother...
>
> Now when I was diagnosed, I thought this was a nightmare... That it
> can't be... I'm 23 and newly wedded.. My husband has been my support
> and food messurer making sure I receive the right amount for the past
> 5 days.. Next week the doctors are suppose to take a sugar test and
> put me on meds...
>
> I started searching for others and came upon this group...
> I hope to learn more ways to cook and deal with diabetes..
>
> Lady D
> AKA Maria

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 13 Apr 2007 15:38:53 -0700, "
> wrote:

>Hello
>I am new to this group. and I was just diagnosed with Diabetes... I
>only know some things about diabetics.. My grandfather was one and I
>whatched what kind of foods he ate when I was a kid.. And I NEVER
>understood why he only ate those things.. Until I was explaned to by
>my mother...

Hi, Maria - sorry you had to join us, but welcome!

Your grandfather would have had to try and keep control without the
benefit of a meter - life will be a lot easier for you in several
ways. Here's how to use your meter to best effect:
http://www.alt-support-diabetes.org/...0Diagnosed.htm

Exercise is really important too. Do you do any at the moment? If you
don't, try a short stroll an hour after your midday and evening meals.
You'll be surprised how much it helps with control.

Nicky.
T2 dx 05/04 + underactive thyroid
D&E, 100ug thyroxine
Last A1c 5.5% BMI 25
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Thank you all for your support and I will join that group and check
out the websites.. And I just picked up a diabetic book ... So far I'm
dealing with all of this very well I love the food lol... Even though
I thought it would be a nightmare =)

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 27 May 2007 17:00:29 -0700, "
> wrote:

>Thank you all for your support and I will join that group and check
>out the websites.. And I just picked up a diabetic book ... So far I'm
>dealing with all of this very well I love the food lol... Even though
>I thought it would be a nightmare =)

Hi Lady D

Have they told you your type yet?

Which diabetic book? Which group?