Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default For Johnnie McCoy, and other lazy cooks.

This does take a bit of the four-letter word “work”. It pays off though.

When you buy the jumbo bag of chicken quarters, take out a couple, or
three if small, before freezing the rest.

Put these in the biggest pot you have. Add a big onion, peeled, and
quartered. Add two or three large bits of celery with leaves. (You will
not be eating the leaves!) Also add a bunch of pepper, and as much salt
as your diet allows. (Eat the celery as sticks, filled with peanut
butter or cream cheese with your soup)

Then put in water; I would guess two-three times the volume of the
chicken (2 if you want it real rich, 3 if you want it like the canned
stuff). I tend to go in between, depending on mood.

Put it all on the stove, bring it to a boil, then sit back with a
brewski ( low-carb) and watch the game.

Take it all off the stove, and let it cool. Use a strainer, and a big
bowl, and carefully filter out the solids from the liquids.

You now have two piles of stuff. Take the solids; throw out everything
except the meat. You will have to pick it off the bones, but what are
fingers for???

At this point there are various decisions to be made.

1. Put the broth into freezer containers, or bags, and use for any
recipe that asks for chicken broth.. The meat is used for chicken salad etc.

2. Make a huge bunch of soup, and then freeze. This involves going
through the frig, and chopping up whatever “permitted” veggies you have,
and throw it in the meat and broth mixture. If you don’t have much, wait
until you go to the Flea market, and buy a zucchini, a leek, cauliflower
bits, whatever veggies you see, etc. Cole slaw mix is great to add; it
looks like noodles, and with imagination, ‘’you know”.

You will have to add seasonings to your taste.

My hubby (the insulin dependent T2) loves my soup, and never are two the
same.

Heat this for lunch, and eat with a smoked drumstick from Publix, and
you are in pig-heaven! Or a ready made salad…the world is your oyster.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Gill Murray" > wrote in message
[...]

Great idea.... and my kind of cooking - just dump stuff in....lol.

Thanks
John
www.diabeticjunkfood.com