FoodBanter.com

-   -   Does the Atkins Diet work? (https://www.foodbanter.com/diabetic/120140-does-atkins-diet-work.html)

Addict 31-03-2007 11:36 PM

Does the Atkins Diet work?

My experiences with the Atkins diet.
http://www.helium.com/tm/145238/alwa...re-chair-front

Eddie[_2_] 01-04-2007 04:33 AM

Does the Atkins Diet work?

After serious thinking Addict wrote :
> Does the Atkins Diet work?
> My experiences with the Atkins diet.
> http://www.helium.com/tm/145238/alwa...re-chair-front

I read your blog on using atkins. I guess my comment is that if you
don't give up the carbs down to the levels that makes you lose weight
then you're not really following Atkins. I eat very low carb for my
type 2 and as a benefit have not put on any pounds since my diagnosis.
I had lost 15 pounds leading up to diagnosis. But I also know that if
I eat extra carbs for a few days, my weight goes up a few pounds. If I
cut down, then the weight drops off. As another plus to atkins, my
triglycerides are very low which atkins says is a result of low carb
eating. I'd rather give up a few deserts and some potatoes and regular
bread to be able to eat steaks, bacon, pork chops-all those good meats.

We've developed our own recipes for soy bread and soy waffles that are
pretty low carb and has lots of good whole ingredients.

I still believe that dr. Atkins had the right idea for healthy living
and the medical community is slowly but surely coming around to the
same conclusions. The nay sayers of Atkins that say that eating too
low carb could be bad for you don't seem to know the Atkins approach.
You just do extreme low carb for 2 weeks to get started then you add
carbs back into your diet until you reach a level where you can lose a
moderate amount of weight or maintain your weight, as I do. Makes
perfect sense to me.
ed

Alan S 01-04-2007 05:05 AM

Does the Atkins Diet work?

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 17:36:05 -0500, "Addict"
> wrote:

>Does the Atkins Diet work?
>My experiences with the Atkins diet.
>http://www.helium.com/tm/145238/alwa...re-chair-front

An interesting and relevant question. Unfortunately you
didn't answer it on your blog. When you say "I think that I
followed the diet correctly" exactly what did you eat? What
carbs did you consume daily?

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1500mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com/