Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Found a new pasta

that didn't spike me.

Nutrition Kitchen whole soybean pasta (http://www.nutrikitchen.com/).
Looks like it only comes in "angel hair" style, so no lasagna yet, but
it's available in yellow, green or black, depending on the type of bean
they use to make it.

22g carbs/11g dietary fiber/3g sugars
23g protein

pre meal - 104, 2 hours PP - 119 (regular pasta, 2 hour PP 180+)

No connection other than a very happy pasta eater (again :-)

--
+-------------------+---------------------------------------------------+
Bruce Bowler | Give to every other human being every right that

+-------------------+---------------------------------------------------+
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:21:25 -0700, TigerLily wrote:

> how much pasta did you consume for those stats?

"The recommended dosage" :-) Their serving size is 2oz uncooked pasta.
That's about what I ate (cooked, of course :-). It is also typical of
the portion I'd eat to get the 180+ numbers with regular pasta.

Bruce

--
+-------------------+---------------------------------------------------+
Bruce Bowler | I'd rather laugh with the sinners, Than cry with

+-------------------+---------------------------------------------------+
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

how much pasta did you consume for those stats?

--
Join us in the Diabetic-Talk Chatroom on UnderNet
/server irc.undernet.org --- /join #Diabetic-Talk

"Bruce Bowler" > wrote in
message
news

+-------------------+-----------------------------
----------------------+
> Bruce Bowler | Give to every other human

being every right that
> 1.207.633.9600 | you claim for yourself. -

Thomas Paine

+-------------------+-----------------------------
----------------------+

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

How did it taste? What about texture?

"Bruce Bowler" > wrote in message
news
> that didn't spike me.
>
> Nutrition Kitchen whole soybean pasta (http://www.nutrikitchen.com/).
> Looks like it only comes in "angel hair" style, so no lasagna yet, but
> it's available in yellow, green or black, depending on the type of bean
> they use to make it.
>
> 22g carbs/11g dietary fiber/3g sugars
> 23g protein
>
> pre meal - 104, 2 hours PP - 119 (regular pasta, 2 hour PP 180+)
>
> No connection other than a very happy pasta eater (again :-)
>
> --
> +-------------------+---------------------------------------------------+
> Bruce Bowler | Give to every other human being every right that
> 1.207.633.9600 | you claim for yourself. - Thomas Paine
> |
> +-------------------+---------------------------------------------------+

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 15:46:49 +0000, Uncle Enrico wrote:

> How did it taste? What about texture?

One answer might be found in the last line of my post :-)

>> No connection other than a very happy pasta eater (again :-)

Having said that, both are a bit different than "good 'ol durham wheat"
but it's not half bad. I WILL be getting more. It's not as "different"
as Coke vs Pepsi, or even Coke vs Diet Coke, more like Coke vs Coke Zero.

Even my wife (who we call "The Starch Queen") likes it.

--
+-------------------+---------------------------------------------------+
Bruce Bowler | When ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise. -

+-------------------+---------------------------------------------------+

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Thanks. I'll give it a try. I'm the sort who is willing to make some
compromises for safe numbers.

"Bruce Bowler" > wrote in message
news
> On Mon, 02 Apr 2007 15:46:49 +0000, Uncle Enrico wrote:
>
>> How did it taste? What about texture?

> One answer might be found in the last line of my post :-)
>
>>> No connection other than a very happy pasta eater (again :-)

> Having said that, both are a bit different than "good 'ol durham wheat"
> but it's not half bad. I WILL be getting more. It's not as "different"
> as Coke vs Pepsi, or even Coke vs Diet Coke, more like Coke vs Coke Zero.
>
> Even my wife (who we call "The Starch Queen") likes it.
>
> --
> Bruce Bowler | When ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise. -
> 1.207.633.9600 | Gray

Found the Classico Organic pasta sauce Julie Bove Diabetic 0 01-07-2009 04:23 AM
Pasta alla Posillipo (Pasta with Mixed Seafood) Edoc Recipes (moderated) 0 24-09-2005 12:27 PM
I found it Vickie General Cooking 15 19-04-2005 12:44 AM
Pasta Alla Checca (pasta With Steeped Tomato 7Hawks Recipes 0 20-11-2004 10:26 PM