Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Sugar Free AND Low Carb Cookies

This is to let everyone out there know about Fenwicks No Sugar Added
Cookies.

I saw an old post on here about Murray's Sugar Free Cookies have the
same amount of carbs as regular cookies. This obviously does not help
diabetics! I wanted to respond to the post but it was tool old, so I
thought I would start a new one.

Fenwicks No Sugar Added Cookies a

Low Carb
- done by using a combination of whole wheat flour and fruit puree to
reduce the amount of carbs yet still keep the cookie hearty and
satisfying

Trans Fat Free and Cholestorol Free
-also low in saturated fats

Gourmet Cookies
- higher quality and will leave you more satisfied than any other low
sugar cookie out there!
- these cookies are NOT so tiny that you need to eat more to feel
satisfied

Fenwicks Cookies were created by a diabetic who believes that any
treats (sugar-free or otherwise) should be consumed responsibly! Just
because it says sugar free doesn't mean you can eat twice as many in
one sitting!

Fenwicks simply hopes that by creating a low carb, no sugar, trans fat
free cookie that diabetics can enjoy some delicious and satisfying
treats regular folks can!

If you have any comments, I would be happy to hear them.

Check out their web site at: http://www.fenwickscookies.ca
And nutritional information he
http://www.fenwickscookies.ca/nutritional-info.html

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default SPAM?GABAGE Sugar Free AND Low Carb Cookies

Neat trick huh? LOL Have a great Thanksgiving Susan. :-)

--
Cheri
Susan wrote in message >...

>Yeah, lowered carbs with wheat flour and fruit puree, idjit.
>
>Susan

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
Susan > wrote:

> I definitely HAVE to wear the boot today, though, because my SIL is
> hosting Thanksgiving after I begged off due to being ordered off my
> foot. I can't very well show up without the boot and crutches now, can
> it?? ;-D

LOL! Interesting situation. Make sure you grimace at intervals so you
can harvest some extra sympathy. ;-)

I'm very happy to read about the improvement in your heel. Heel, heal!

Priscilla
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Damn, it all sounds good. :-)

--
Cheri
Susan wrote in message

>Xmas isn't my tradition, so I'll probably serve what they have each
>year; spiral cut ham, a green bean dish of some sort, sweet pots. and
>apple again (they LOVE that), and maybe my MIL's mac and cheese. And
>crossaints. Unless I get inspired. Like, maybe glazed game hens
>instead? Or pork roast in a bag with dried apples, apricots and

prunes,
>white wine and brown sugar?
>
>Hmmm... the possibilites.
>
>Susan

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:

> You got that right. I love them dearly, but they just don't know when to
> leave. They got here at 6:00 and I figured they would be gone by about
> 10:30. Oh well...LOL

I have no compunctions about telling guests that it's been lovely having
them and I need them to go now. I've been told my directness is
appreciated.

Priscilla

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Yes, I wish I could do that. I always tell myself I'm going to, but I
never do. I just always think that people know my DH has to get up and
go to work as he did today, so they will have enough sense to go, but
they probably need a direct nudge. :-)

--
Cheri

Priscilla Ballou wrote in message ...

>I have no compunctions about telling guests that it's been lovely

having
>them and I need them to go now. I've been told my directness is
>appreciated.
>
>Priscilla

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Priscilla Ballou > wrote:
: In article >,
: "Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote:

: > You got that right. I love them dearly, but they just don't know when to
: > leave. They got here at 6:00 and I figured they would be gone by about
: > 10:30. Oh well...LOL

: I have no compunctions about telling guests that it's been lovely having
: them and I need them to go now. I've been told my directness is
: appreciated.

: Priscilla

How about at a certain point, say, all right, everybody into the kitchen
for washing up. they will either help or leave pretty promptly:-)

Wendy
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

LOL, now that's a great idea. Also there was one in an advice column
where a man said when guests overstay, he stands up, tells them
good-night, and that he's sorry for having kept them up so long.

--
Cheri

W. Baker wrote in message ...

>How about at a certain point, say, all right, everybody into the

kitchen
>for washing up. they will either help or leave pretty promptly:-)
>
>Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote in message
. ..
> Tested my friends, they were good. Tested my hubby, he
> was good. Tested myself, and at 124 at 1 1/2 hours...not too bad for
> Thanksgiving. :-)

Very cool : )

Now, how many ways do you guys know to redo the turkey leftovers?

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.5/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
100ug Thyroxine

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article >,
"Nicky" > wrote:

> "Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote in message
> . ..
> > Tested my friends, they were good. Tested my hubby, he
> > was good. Tested myself, and at 124 at 1 1/2 hours...not too bad for
> > Thanksgiving. :-)

> Very cool : )
>
> Now, how many ways do you guys know to redo the turkey leftovers?

Turkey sandwiches (with or without the bread!)
Turkey soup
Just plain reheated
Casseroles of various sorts (zillions of variations)

Oh, was that a rhetorical question?

--
AF
"Non Sequitur U has a really, really lousy debate team."

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Nicky > wrote:

: "Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote in message
: . ..
: > Tested my friends, they were good. Tested my hubby, he
: > was good. Tested myself, and at 124 at 1 1/2 hours...not too bad for
: > Thanksgiving. :-)

: Very cool : )

: Now, how many ways do you guys know to redo the turkey leftovers?

: Nicky.

: --
: A1c 10.5/5.5/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
: 100ug Thyroxine
: 95/72/72Kg

many, many! It all ends up in final usage, as turkey carcase soup, with
tomaotes and clean the kitchen vegetables, any left over gravy, stuffing,
etc. and lots of thyme. meanwhile we are still eating straight left over
turkey with gravy (as long as that lasts) then we go into vegetble-tukey
stir-fries, club sandwich salad with lots of lettuce, tomatoes, soy baco
bits (I don't eat pork) a, turkey chunks and mayo. In addition, it is
great for picking in lieu of a more formal snack:-) I also sent some care
packages home with my kids.

Wendy

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

W. Baker wrote:
> Nicky > wrote:
>
> : "Cheri" <gserviceatinreachdotcom> wrote in message
> : . ..
> : > Tested my friends, they were good. Tested my hubby, he
> : > was good. Tested myself, and at 124 at 1 1/2 hours...not too bad for
> : > Thanksgiving. :-)
>
> : Very cool : )
>
> : Now, how many ways do you guys know to redo the turkey leftovers?
>
> : Nicky.
>
> : --
> : A1c 10.5/5.5/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
> : 100ug Thyroxine
> : 95/72/72Kg
>
> many, many! It all ends up in final usage, as turkey carcase soup, with
> tomaotes and clean the kitchen vegetables, any left over gravy, stuffing,
> etc. and lots of thyme. meanwhile we are still eating straight left over
> turkey with gravy (as long as that lasts) then we go into vegetble-tukey
> stir-fries, club sandwich salad with lots of lettuce, tomatoes, soy baco
> bits (I don't eat pork) a, turkey chunks and mayo. In addition, it is
> great for picking in lieu of a more formal snack:-) I also sent some care
> packages home with my kids.
>
> Wendy

LOL. you seem a lot like me.

This time we just had a small 11 lb bird for the two of us. It has
covered two dinners, with different veggies for each. I have made turkey
wraps for two lunches for hubby. Monday, I am going to make a batch of
turkey curry. Probably enough for two or three dinners. Then of course
there is ...........tada......turkey soup!!!

Gillian
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Alice Faber" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Nicky" > wrote:
>> Now, how many ways do you guys know to redo the turkey leftovers?

> Turkey sandwiches (with or without the bread!)
> Turkey soup
> Just plain reheated
> Casseroles of various sorts (zillions of variations)
>
> Oh, was that a rhetorical question?

Nope, looking for inspiration for Christmas : )

Nicky.

--
A1c 10.5/5.5/<6 T2 DX 05/2004
100ug Thyroxine

Grandmas Sugar Free Cookies Booz Allen General Cooking 11 19-07-2013 10:46 PM
Sugar free flour free peanut butter cookies Julie Bove[_2_] Diabetic 2 02-05-2013 06:00 AM
SUGAR FREE COOKIES Dan Diabetic 5 18-08-2011 02:49 PM
Sugar-Free Low Carb Pina Colada Pudding MacLeod, Kathleen Recipes (moderated) 0 06-10-2006 11:13 PM
Low Carb Sugar Free Zucchini Relish Steviva_Stevia Recipes (moderated) 0 09-02-2005 02:35 PM