Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default 110Volt Oven?

I'm looking to disconnect my gas stove and recover the space in my tiny
kitchen.
To accomplish this, I need a small 110 volt oven that bakes evenly.
I've tried a number of overgrown toaster-ovens in friend's kitchens,
but they're ... toaster ovens.

Is there such a thing as a legitimate 110V standalone oven, however
small? Or is the electricity the limiting factor?

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On 4 Jul 2006 16:09:45 -0700, "Just Mo" > wrote:

>I'm looking to disconnect my gas stove and recover the space in my tiny
>kitchen.
>To accomplish this, I need a small 110 volt oven that bakes evenly.
>I've tried a number of overgrown toaster-ovens in friend's kitchens,
>but they're ... toaster ovens.

I bought this one many years ago...and it has been installed in my
"permanent" kitchen. Probably one of the best appliances I have
ever purchased!

http://dvorsons.com/Farberware/Farbe...onvecOven.html

It is a 110 volt oven..that really is an oven. We have roasted a 10
pound turkey and an 8 pound prime rib. They have been flawless.

Also, I love the oven for proofing yeast products. It is the perfect
proofing oven.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Oh pshaw, on Tue 04 Jul 2006 05:05:17p, Ward Abbott meant to say...

> On 4 Jul 2006 16:09:45 -0700, "Just Mo" > wrote:
>
>>I'm looking to disconnect my gas stove and recover the space in my tiny
>>kitchen. To accomplish this, I need a small 110 volt oven that bakes
>>evenly. I've tried a number of overgrown toaster-ovens in friend's
>>kitchens, but they're ... toaster ovens.

> I bought this one many years ago...and it has been installed in my
> "permanent" kitchen. Probably one of the best appliances I have
> ever purchased!
>

> http://dvorsons.com/Farberware/Farbe...onvecOven.html
>

> It is a 110 volt oven..that really is an oven. We have roasted a 10
> pound turkey and an 8 pound prime rib. They have been flawless.
>
> Also, I love the oven for proofing yeast products. It is the perfect
> proofing oven.

Ward, that's exactly the oven I was going to recommend. I bought one the
very first year they came out, back in the early 1970s. It still works
like a charm, although I know the controls have been updated, the basic
design has not changed.

--
Wayne Boatwright @¿@¬
_____________________
Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article >,
Ward Abbott > wrote:

> On 4 Jul 2006 16:09:45 -0700, "Just Mo" > wrote:
>
> >I'm looking to disconnect my gas stove and recover the space in my tiny
> >kitchen.
> >To accomplish this, I need a small 110 volt oven that bakes evenly.
> >I've tried a number of overgrown toaster-ovens in friend's kitchens,
> >but they're ... toaster ovens.

> I bought this one many years ago...and it has been installed in my
> "permanent" kitchen. Probably one of the best appliances I have
> ever purchased!
>

> http://dvorsons.com/Farberware/Farbe...onvecOven.html
>

> It is a 110 volt oven..that really is an oven. We have roasted a 10
> pound turkey and an 8 pound prime rib. They have been flawless.
>
> Also, I love the oven for proofing yeast products. It is the perfect
> proofing oven.

I have not owned one but the Cadco is also considered by many to be a
great small oven.

http://www.dvorsons.com/Cadco/CadcoConvection.htm

Roland
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On 4 Jul 2006 16:09:45 -0700, "Just Mo" > wrote:

>I'm looking to disconnect my gas stove and recover the space in my tiny
>kitchen.
>To accomplish this, I need a small 110 volt oven that bakes evenly.
>I've tried a number of overgrown toaster-ovens in friend's kitchens,
>but they're ... toaster ovens.
>
>Is there such a thing as a legitimate 110V standalone oven, however
>small? Or is the electricity the limiting factor?

Delonghi (sp?) makes a nice counter-top 110 volt oven. I picked one
up a few years ago for about $100 (non-digital model being phased out
for one with digital controls). It has a fan if you want use it as a
convection oven and a rotiserie that's great for roasting chickens.

- Mark