Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Infrared BBQ : TEC

"Drew Cutter" > wrote in message
> Looking at tec infrared grill. How does it do with something like brisket
> which takes a long time to cook ? VS wood , charcoal grills ,etc .

I doubt it would do a good job on brisket. It is made from grilling,
usually at high temperatures. Probably a very good steak making machine,
but lousy at barbecue. You need a smoker of some sort. There are plenty,
charcoal, wood, or gas, that will run for the 12 hours plus to make a good
brisket. Check out the Wal-Mart web page for a small propane smoker. In
the south they carry them in the stores, but up north I've never seen one.