Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default wine cooler or bevarage cooler

In our remodel, we are planning to install a small under counter wine
cooler or beverage cooler. Would appreciate brand, model
recommendations anyone may have. Thanks.

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"claudia" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> In our remodel, we are planning to install a small under counter wine
> cooler or beverage cooler. Would appreciate brand, model
> recommendations anyone may have. Thanks.

I wouldn't get one, unless your frig won't hold what you're going to consume
in the very near future. Neither red nor white wines gain anything by being
"aged" in a refrigerator. I've never been able to understand how the vendor
pulls it off. This is uniquely true if you're economizing kitchen space, and
you need all the space you can have. I have a 1,200 bottle cellar of aging
wines. They sit in a lower level at a constant[hopefully] temp. of about
50-55F.
Good Luck,

Hugh

Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Mon 11 Aug 2008 03:15:38a, Kent told us...

> "claudia" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> In our remodel, we are planning to install a small under counter wine
>> cooler or beverage cooler. Would appreciate brand, model
>> recommendations anyone may have. Thanks.
>>

> I wouldn't get one, unless your frig won't hold what you're going to
> consume in the very near future. Neither red nor white wines gain
> anything by being "aged" in a refrigerator. I've never been able to
> understand how the vendor pulls it off. This is uniquely true if you're
> economizing kitchen space, and you need all the space you can have. I
> have a 1,200 bottle cellar of aging wines. They sit in a lower level at
> a constant[hopefully] temp. of about 50-55F.
> Good Luck,
>
> Hugh

You're probably more fortunate than most. Many people have no basement or
available space to devote to a sizeable wine stash, especially with a
desirable temperature.

Date: Monday, 08(VIII)/11(XI)/08(MMVIII)

Countdown till Labor Day
2wks 6dys 18hrs 20mins
'I think that I'm dizzy, and I rather
like it.' - Pinky
Posted to rec.food.equipment

On Aug 11, 6:15*am, "Kent" > wrote:
> "claudia" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...> In our remodel, we are planning to install a small under counter wine
> > cooler or beverage cooler. *Would appreciate brand, model
> > recommendations anyone may have. Thanks.

> I wouldn't get one, unless your frig won't hold what you're going to consume
> in the very near future. Neither red nor white wines gain anything by being
> "aged" in a refrigerator. *I've never been able to understand how the vendor
> pulls it off. This is uniquely true if you're economizing kitchen space, and
> you need all the space you can have. I have a 1,200 bottle cellar of aging
> wines. They sit in a lower level at a constant[hopefully] temp. of about
> 50-55F.
> Good Luck,
>
> Hugh

Figure out how many wines you want to keep on hand and then decide if
it is an adequate for your needs/wants.

I don't have a cellar, nor the time to 'age' it, as I am already of
that age.
However, I have/had a choice when I took out the compactor to put in a
small wine cooler where it was, as they do make them that particular
size.

After much thought, I am still using that space for a waste-basket.
Must more useable.

I would only advise it if you drink white wine a lot and have a
smallish refrigerator. We usually keep a couple of whites in a
separate refrigerator as we are basically red wine drinkers. I keep a
wine rack full of red wines on the lower floor of the house, keeping
it on 4-5 shelves, arranged by price generally. I never keep it long
enough to worry whether it's 65º or 72 or 55F.

I think it is a 'cool' look for a kitchen, and sorta the fad now as
they seem to be advertised a lot. If I were to buy one, I'd buy it a
Costco or BJ's in case it didn't hold up. After you pick out one,
read the reviews at Amazon.

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.equipment

>"claudia" > wrote in message
roups.com...
>> In our remodel, we are planning to install a small under counter wine
>> cooler or beverage cooler. Would appreciate brand, model
>> recommendations anyone may have. Thanks.

I have a dual-zone Danby that was given to us as a wedding present a
couple of years ago by a group of folks, since it was pretty pricey.
It does a fine job, and is adjustable. I have the upper shelves at the
highest temp the fridge will allow, which I think is in the '60's F.,
and the lower shelves at the lowest, which is somewhere in the '40's
F.

However, it is very noisy, and makes wierd sounds, so we've delegated
it to the basement.
--
EZ Larry from St. Louis

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Kent > wrote:

> I have a 1,200 bottle cellar of aging
> wines. They sit in a lower level at a constant[hopefully] temp. of about
> 50-55F.

Is this the same place you brine your poultry?

-sw

Wine Cooler Kit DesotoFireflite Wine 2 15-10-2008 11:28 PM
Wine Cooler Lawrie Wine 7 09-08-2007 06:37 AM
wine storage cooler Lou Winemaking 1 23-04-2006 12:25 AM
WTB- Wine Cooler Robbienorth Wine 5 21-09-2004 03:08 AM
Cooler Wine Kits Insprucegrove Winemaking 6 05-05-2004 03:58 PM