Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Best pots & pans for ceramic glass cooktop stove

Hi everyone,

I just bought a brand new ceramic glass cooktop stove. I've never had
one. I am a little unsure what type of pans I should use with it. I
mostly use my old Revere ware copper bottom kettles and use teflon
frying pans. I'm not a great cook by any means, so, I don't really
want high end products...are there certain types of pots and pans that
are recommended with this type of cook top? Thanks in advance for any
advice!

Posted to rec.food.equipment

"Marshmallow" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hi everyone,
>
> I just bought a brand new ceramic glass cooktop stove. I've never had
> one. I am a little unsure what type of pans I should use with it. I
> mostly use my old Revere ware copper bottom kettles and use teflon
> frying pans. I'm not a great cook by any means, so, I don't really
> want high end products...are there certain types of pots and pans that
> are recommended with this type of cook top? Thanks in advance for any
> advice!

In general you will do better with pans that have really flat bottoms. This
is not a requirement, but it does work better. So, it's not the type of
cookware so much. I find All Clad to work well, but that's rather pricey. If
you buiy some cookeare, try it out - empty. If it rocks back and forth,
return it.

--
Peter Aitken

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Something like this...

http://kitchen-and-dining.smartbargains.com/go.sb?s=CS&deptId=54&catId=141&prodId=3010276611&f d=true&fcloc=search&sp=All+Products%2f%2f%2f%2fKit chen+%26+Dining%7c%7c%7c%7c%7c%2f%2f%2f%2f++++++++ Cookware%2f%2f%2f%2fAttribSelect%3dType%3d'Cookwar e+Sets'&pagename=prod

Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article . com>,
"Marshmallow" > wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I just bought a brand new ceramic glass cooktop stove. I've never had
> one. I am a little unsure what type of pans I should use with it. I
> mostly use my old Revere ware copper bottom kettles and use teflon
> frying pans. I'm not a great cook by any means, so, I don't really
> want high end products...are there certain types of pots and pans that
> are recommended with this type of cook top? Thanks in advance for any
> advice!

Cindy, my new glasstop was delivered yesterday. It's a GE. It has a
section in the manual that carries recommendations and warnings about
different types of cookware to use. With pictures. Have you checked
your manual for similar? If not, give it a looksee.
--
-Barb
<www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 3-21-2006 Hot Stuff!

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Thanks everyone for the responses. I don't have an owners manual,
because this stove was returned to the store by a woman who had had it
for a month and decided that she wanted stainless steel instead of
bisque. The previous owner has the owners manual, and I am hoping to
get it soon. Just in case she doesn't return it, I have an owners
manual on order from Sears. I'm disappointed that Sears doesn't have
any downloadable PDF product manuals. There are a lot of bells &
whistles on the stove that I haven't yet figured out!

So far, so good...it seems to be working nicely I just love it so
far!

Cindy

Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article . com>,
"Marshmallow" > wrote:

> Thanks everyone for the responses. I don't have an owners manual,
> because this stove was returned to the store by a woman who had had it
> for a month and decided that she wanted stainless steel instead of
> bisque. The previous owner has the owners manual, and I am hoping to
> get it soon. Just in case she doesn't return it, I have an owners
> manual on order from Sears. I'm disappointed that Sears doesn't have
> any downloadable PDF product manuals. There are a lot of bells &
> whistles on the stove that I haven't yet figured out!
>
> So far, so good...it seems to be working nicely I just love it so
> far!
>
> Cindy

Bummer on the manual thing. Are you going to have to pay for the
manual? Was that part of the condition of the sale - that there was no
manual with it? Unless it was, I think I'd try to press Sears to give
you the manual for free unless the cost was less than about $3.

Here's the Use and Care Manual for my new GE smooth top:
http://tinyurl.com/18r
Cookware recommendations are on pages 8 & 9.