Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default Viking Professional model vkp03002 ignition problem

Hello all,

we have the Viking Professional 3002 propane stove with 4 burners. Out
of the blue all of the burners stopped lighting up. There is no more
the clicking noise when the dials are turned to the ign position. We
have tried to locate the ignition module but were unable to do so.

In the right corner we found the connecting pad with a diagram but it
is still not clear where the ingition module could be....

Anybody had the same problem? What parts did you have to replace and
where were they located?

THANK YOU!

WindyT

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Can you spell H O S E D <g>/

Posted to rec.food.equipment

Thanks for the info but it MIGHT be out of warranty anyway - we had it
for about 6 years.

As far as location, I was talking about in the range - I can't seem to
find under which cover they are hidden :-)

Posted to rec.food.equipment

: Hello all,

: we have the Viking Professional 3002 propane stove with 4 burners. Out
: of the blue all of the burners stopped lighting up. There is no more
: the clicking noise when the dials are turned to the ign position. We
: have tried to locate the ignition module but were unable to do so.

: In the right corner we found the connecting pad with a diagram but it
: is still not clear where the ingition module could be....

: Anybody had the same problem? What parts did you have to replace and
: where were they located?

: THANK YOU!

: WindyT

Check out repairclinic.com

Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article . com>,
> wrote:

> Thanks for the info but it MIGHT be out of warranty anyway - we had it
> for about 6 years.
>
> As far as location, I was talking about in the range - I can't seem to
> find under which cover they are hidden :-)

One of the few joys of a forced move is leaving behind the 8-burner
2-oven Viking, which was fine when it worked, but a maintenance
nightmare. I don't remember my model number, which is about 15 years
old.

The power supply for the igniters is at the back right of the stovetop,
against the rear of the stove. Mine was a fairly large unit that
pushed onto a set of pins. That is out of production, but there is a
factory adapter for the newer solid-state power supplies. It took many
calls to Viking to get the part number.

In the Washington DC area, their repair franchises were completely
useless. My problem was that a rat had gotten into the stove while
some remodeling was in process, and had gnawed through the wiring. It
literally took over a year to find a distributor that claimed to do
that sort of service, and another year of getting parts, followed by a
claim that they refused to rewire it without premade factory wiring
harnesses, unless Viking specifically assumed all liability.

If I stayed, I'd do it myself (yes, I have the engineering experience)
to do it with a higher grade of wiring than the original. Apparently,
there are assorted net sources of factory parts.

Incidentally, the model numbers were also well hidden. You had to pop
off a cover below the right-sided oven, and the specification plate was
inside the cover.

Never again with Viking. For products in that price range, I expect the
manufacturer to make things right if the distributor can't.
Posted to rec.food.equipment

In article >,
"Howard C. Berkowitz" > writes:

> One of the few joys of a forced move is leaving behind the 8-burner
> 2-oven Viking, which was fine when it worked, but a maintenance
> nightmare. I don't remember my model number, which is about 15 years
> old.

As I've stated before, I disliked my Viking I owned 92-98. But in a
funny story I have to share, when we moved in 98, I put in a Garland
6 burner cooktop. When we moved in 04, I regretted not taking it,
especially after Garland announced the end of the road for residential
gear. Last year, my son went by the old place to show someone where
we used to live and saw they were gutting the whole place. I went
over and checked it and sure enough, the whole house was gutted, to
include the kitchen. Covered in the corner were all the shiny new
appliances to be installed - all Viking! I contacted the owner and
asked about buying the Garland back and she said she'd get back to
me after she figured out a fair price to ask. The next week she in
fact called and hesitated, as if not to offend me, and said she'd
like $500 - and that included the 36" Vent-a-Hood! Both are in my
basement now waiting for installation in whatever residence we
decide is absolutely the final one.

--
- Kyle