Jeff Bernstein

Default REQ: Looking for an indoor grill recommendation

Greetings:

I can't have an outdoor grill at my new apartment (fire code and a
wooden patio) so I'm looking for a good indoor grill. I've used (up) a
Foreman Grill a few years ago. Has indoor grill technology gotten any
better?

What indoor grill would you recommend?

Thanks!!

Jeff
Vox Humana

Default Looking for an indoor grill recommendation

"Jeff Bernstein" > wrote in message
om...
> Greetings:
>
> I can't have an outdoor grill at my new apartment (fire code and a
> wooden patio) so I'm looking for a good indoor grill. I've used (up) a
> Foreman Grill a few years ago. Has indoor grill technology gotten any
> better?
>
> What indoor grill would you recommend?

Cast iron grill pan pre-heated on the range + good ventilation.

In article >,
"Vox Humana" > wrote:

> "Jeff Bernstein" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Greetings:
> >
> > I can't have an outdoor grill at my new apartment (fire code and a
> > wooden patio) so I'm looking for a good indoor grill. I've used (up) a
> > Foreman Grill a few years ago. Has indoor grill technology gotten any
> > better?
> >
> > What indoor grill would you recommend?
> >

> Cast iron grill pan pre-heated on the range + good ventilation.

Interesting. Will this work with an electric range? Will it damage the
surface of the range?

Jeff
Vox Humana

> wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Vox Humana" > wrote:
>
> > "Jeff Bernstein" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > Greetings:
> > >
> > > I can't have an outdoor grill at my new apartment (fire code and a
> > > wooden patio) so I'm looking for a good indoor grill. I've used (up) a
> > > Foreman Grill a few years ago. Has indoor grill technology gotten any
> > > better?
> > >
> > > What indoor grill would you recommend?
> > >

> > Cast iron grill pan pre-heated on the range + good ventilation.

> Interesting. Will this work with an electric range? Will it damage the
> surface of the range?

Some manufacturers of smooth top electric ranges (ceramic) caution against
the use of cast iron. It is my impression that they are worried about
scratches or the possibility that you might drop the pan on the range top.
I don't see why a cast iron grill pan would jeopardize or fail to perform on
an electric range any more than a cast iron skillet. While I like gas for
its instant on and instant response, some people will point out that
electric elements are more efficient at transferring heat to cookware. In
an application where you need to heat a large mass of material and maintain
the heat, I don't see why a electric with cast iron would be much different
than gas with cast iron. I'm sure that if I overlooked something that
someone will jump in. I think this would be much closer to outdoor grilling
than using a contact grill like the George Forman.

Donna Rose

In article >,
lid says...
> What indoor grill would you recommend?
>
> I think Farberware makes a really cool one. It has a rotisserie
> attachment, too. It's the "Open Hearth Smokeless Indoor Grill"

http://www.divineimages.com/prod/it1...ERIE/GRILL.htm

I'll second this recommendation. I've had this grill for many years and
I really love it. By all means, do get the rotisserie with it (I'm not
sure if it's optional or not).
--
Donna
A pessimist believes all women are bad. An optimist hopes they are.

Wayne

Steve Wertz > wrote in
:

http://www.divineimages.com/prod/it1...N/HEARTH/ROTIS
> SERIE/GRILL.htm
>
> -sw

I think the Farberware is an excellent choice, but I don't believe they
are still being made. EBay, however, does list one for sale that is NIB
(new in box).

http://tinyurl.com/36by2

--
Wayne in Phoenix

If there's a nit to pick, some nitwit will pick it.
Cynthia Mason

I have a medium size George Foreman grill from Target that has a timer
on it. I use it daily and love the way it does salmon, steaks,
vegetables and chicken. It seals, drains the grease off and by using
aluminum foil - there is little,if any clean up. I have done bacon on
it but now use the microwave for that.

jmcquown

Jeff Bernstein wrote:
> Greetings:
>
> I can't have an outdoor grill at my new apartment (fire code and a
> wooden patio) so I'm looking for a good indoor grill. I've used (up) a
> Foreman Grill a few years ago. Has indoor grill technology gotten any
> better?
>
> What indoor grill would you recommend?
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Jeff

I haven't got one of these but I just ran across it on Amazon.com -
Zojirushi EB-CC15 Indoor Electric Grill. Here's a review from a buyer
posted to amazon.com:

Ideal for grilling steaks, chicken, fish, burgers, and vegetables indoors,
this 1300-watt countertop appliance has a big, family-size grill surface of
12-1/2 by 9-1/4 inches coated with nonstick for low-fat cooking and easy
cleaning. A variable heat control provides precise cooking temperatures, and
the grill's handles and stylish, dark-gray plastic base stay cool during
operation for safety. Another safety feature prevents the heat control,
which provides power to the appliance, from being inserted unless the metal
drip tray and cooking grid are in place and prevents the grid from being
removed during operation. The appliance disassembles easily for cleaning,
and the drip tray is dishwasher-safe. Overall, the unit measures 20-3/4
inches wide, 6-1/8 inches high, and 14 inches deep. --Fred Brack

Jill

Cynthia Mason

A neighbor has an Ultrex grill she ordered over HSN. It is similar to
the George Foreman but it has removeable ridged grills for meat and flat
grills for sandwiches. All the removable grills go in the diswasher.
It is periodically offered. It does an excellent job.

Ray & Kathy Albertson

I've watched Rachel Ray ("30-Minute Meals" on FoodTV.com) use a plain-old
cast-iron grill pan on almost every episode with amazing results.

"Cynthia Mason" > wrote in message
> A neighbor has an Ultrex grill she ordered over HSN. It is similar to
> the George Foreman but it has removeable ridged grills for meat and flat
> grills for sandwiches. All the removable grills go in the diswasher.
> It is periodically offered. It does an excellent job.

Ray & Kathy Albertson

I've watched Rachel Ray ("30-Minute Meals" on FoodTV.com) use a plain-old
cast-iron grill pan on almost every episode with amazing results.

"Cynthia Mason" > wrote in message
> A neighbor has an Ultrex grill she ordered over HSN. It is similar to
> the George Foreman but it has removeable ridged grills for meat and flat
> grills for sandwiches. All the removable grills go in the diswasher.
> It is periodically offered. It does an excellent job.

Paul W. Ross

I have a similar issue in a condo I own -- fire, etc. The best so far
is the George Forman -- seems to be made by Salton. Heats on both
sides of the things, so stuff cooks quickly. Not as good as a gas
grill or charcoal, but....

Member

Jmcquown, useful post....!!!! Thanks for this nice idea of indoor grill....!!!!
Member

I can't have an outdoor grill at my new apartment (fire code and a
wooden patio) so I'm looking for a good indoor grill. I've used (up) a
Foreman Grill a few years ago.
______
memory foam mattress | adjustable mattresses | memory pillow

Member

Location: De Witt, AR
Send a message via Yahoo to sarahyoung75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Bernstein View Post
Greetings:

I can't have an outdoor grill at my new apartment (fire code and a
wooden patio) so I'm looking for a good indoor grill. I've used (up) a
Foreman Grill a few years ago. Has indoor grill technology gotten any
better?

What indoor grill would you recommend?

Thanks!!

Jeff

I think open style indoor grill is the best grill. It can be cleaned easily and heating up quickly. We can adjust the temperature of this grill. This grill is large and very potential. Most people prefer this type of indoor grills. It comes in many brands and prices. Choose the brand based on your likely needs.

------->>>SMOKELESS INDOOR GRILL<<<------- heat Historic 0 06-05-2010 07:19 AM
------->>>SMOKELESS INDOOR GRILL<<<------- heat Sushi 0 06-05-2010 07:16 AM
Indoor grill? Larry G General Cooking 6 19-06-2005 12:22 PM
REQ: Looking for an indoor grill recommendation Jeff Bernstein General Cooking 6 27-06-2004 11:59 AM
Indoor grill- Thanks to everyone SPOONS General Cooking 8 13-12-2003 02:51 AM