Allan Weinman

Default Wall Oven; KitchenAid or JennAir

Hi,
I am redoing my Kitchen and I am replaceing everything but the fridge.

I am buying a Heartland 30" cooktop, Zeypher Tamburo exhaust fan, GE
Dishwasher, Panasonic Convection oven (nnc994s). All stainless steel.

For my wall oven I have narrowed it down to:
KitchenAid Architect™ Series True Convection KEBC177KSS
or
Jenn-Air® 27" Single Electric Wall Oven JJW9527D

The price difference is only $200. The Jenn-Air cheaper.

My retailer recommends the KitchenAid over the Jenn-Air due to this
being Jenn-Air's first year with the hidden bottom element and the
first year with a true convection element in the rear.

He says he sells many more Kitchen Aids and never heard anything
negative. On the same tone, he does not have anything negative to say
about Jenn-Air except their new features are unproven.

I personally like the look of the Jenn-Air better, it is sleaker and
has a less busy control panel. I also like the handle better. It has a
larger window, more broiler elements and like I said $200 cheaper.

I did read alot about Jenn-Air on this forum, on how many people
really dislike their ranges. But do the negative attitude many have to
Jenn-Air also apply to their ovens?

The price diffence is not a big deal, and I really could live with the
look of the KitchenAid, because it really does look good. I am just
worried about the Jenn-Air quality.

Any assistance would be MUCH apprciated.

Thanks,
Allan
beer belly

Allan Weinman wrote:
> Hi,
> I am redoing my Kitchen and I am replaceing everything but the fridge.
>
> I am buying a Heartland 30" cooktop, Zeypher Tamburo exhaust fan, GE
> Dishwasher, Panasonic Convection oven (nnc994s). All stainless steel.
>
> For my wall oven I have narrowed it down to:
> KitchenAid ArchitectT Series True Convection KEBC177KSS
> or
> Jenn-Air® 27" Single Electric Wall Oven JJW9527D
>
> The price difference is only $200. The Jenn-Air cheaper.
>
> My retailer recommends the KitchenAid over the Jenn-Air due to this
> being Jenn-Air's first year with the hidden bottom element and the
> first year with a true convection element in the rear.
>
> He says he sells many more Kitchen Aids and never heard anything
> negative. On the same tone, he does not have anything negative to say
> about Jenn-Air except their new features are unproven.
>
> I personally like the look of the Jenn-Air better, it is sleaker and
> has a less busy control panel. I also like the handle better. It has a
> larger window, more broiler elements and like I said $200 cheaper.
>
> I did read alot about Jenn-Air on this forum, on how many people
> really dislike their ranges. But do the negative attitude many have to
> Jenn-Air also apply to their ovens?
>
> The price diffence is not a big deal, and I really could live with the
> look of the KitchenAid, because it really does look good. I am just
> worried about the Jenn-Air quality.
>
> Any assistance would be MUCH apprciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Allan

Go for what you think *looks* best, with all the other crap, you'll never notice
the difference

Everything else you listed is onle what looks good, so why not the oven, too?

Christine

"Allan Weinman" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi,
> I am redoing my Kitchen and I am replaceing everything but the fridge.
>
> I am buying a Heartland 30" cooktop, Zeypher Tamburo exhaust fan, GE
> Dishwasher, Panasonic Convection oven (nnc994s). All stainless steel.
>
> For my wall oven I have narrowed it down to:
> KitchenAid ArchitectT Series True Convection KEBC177KSS
> or
> Jenn-Air® 27" Single Electric Wall Oven JJW9527D
>
> The price difference is only $200. The Jenn-Air cheaper.
>
> My retailer recommends the KitchenAid over the Jenn-Air due to this
> being Jenn-Air's first year with the hidden bottom element and the
> first year with a true convection element in the rear.
>
> He says he sells many more Kitchen Aids and never heard anything
> negative. On the same tone, he does not have anything negative to say
> about Jenn-Air except their new features are unproven.
>
> I personally like the look of the Jenn-Air better, it is sleaker and
> has a less busy control panel. I also like the handle better. It has a
> larger window, more broiler elements and like I said $200 cheaper.
>
> I did read alot about Jenn-Air on this forum, on how many people
> really dislike their ranges. But do the negative attitude many have to
> Jenn-Air also apply to their ovens?
>
> The price diffence is not a big deal, and I really could live with the
> look of the KitchenAid, because it really does look good. I am just
> worried about the Jenn-Air quality.
>
> Any assistance would be MUCH apprciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Allan

I have a Jenn-Air Double 30" electric wall oven with the top oven being a
convection oven. Also have a 30" gas cook top (not the downdraft type) and
am happy with both of these.

Chris in Pearland, TX

Vox Humana

"Allan Weinman" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi,
> I am redoing my Kitchen and I am replaceing everything but the fridge.
>
> I am buying a Heartland 30" cooktop, Zeypher Tamburo exhaust fan, GE
> Dishwasher, Panasonic Convection oven (nnc994s). All stainless steel.
>
> For my wall oven I have narrowed it down to:
> KitchenAid ArchitectT Series True Convection KEBC177KSS
> or
> Jenn-Air® 27" Single Electric Wall Oven JJW9527D
>
> The price difference is only $200. The Jenn-Air cheaper.

My mother bought the KitchenAid Architect Series single oven about three
years ago. She is pleased with it but doesn't use many of the advanced
functions. I have used it several time and like it better than the
convection oven in my JennAir range. The only negative comments I have
heard about the KA it that the early on, there were problems with the
electronics overheating. That said, the controller board went bad on my
JennAir. I think that electronic controller in ovens are the weak link and
that they are the most likely (and costly) component to go bad. I would go
with the KitchenAid. I like the controls and the meat probe.

Allan Weinman

The new Jenn-Air has a meat probe. And one thing I notice about its
meat probe vs the KA is that the Jennair lets you control the temp
from as low as 100 degrees. The KA only starts at 130. I have some
recipes that wants me to change the temp of the oven once the food
hits 100.

I also notice that the Jennair goes as high as 550 degrees, but the KA
only goes to 500. Is this a big deal?

Other details the JennAir has that is better then the KA is:
Nicer Handle
More information on Control Pad
8 pass broil
1/2 rack option

But of course if to get these extra features I have to buy a product
which will cause me headaches I do not want to do it.

Thanks,
Allan

Vox Humana

"Allan Weinman" > wrote in message
om...
> The new Jenn-Air has a meat probe. And one thing I notice about its
> meat probe vs the KA is that the Jennair lets you control the temp
> from as low as 100 degrees. The KA only starts at 130. I have some
> recipes that wants me to change the temp of the oven once the food
> hits 100.
>
> I also notice that the Jennair goes as high as 550 degrees, but the KA
> only goes to 500. Is this a big deal?
>
> Other details the JennAir has that is better then the KA is:
> Nicer Handle
> More information on Control Pad
> 8 pass broil
> 1/2 rack option
>
> But of course if to get these extra features I have to buy a product
> which will cause me headaches I do not want to do it.

I doubt there is much difference in the two when you really examine them.
If you like the JennAir that much I would get it. If you are really worried
about it failing, get the extended warranty.

cbengall

Dear Allan,

I came across your message when I was searching for information on the
Panasonic NNC-994S. How do you like the appliance and would you recommend
it? Where did your purchase it and for how much? The cheapest I have found
it so far is $799.95.

Regards,