Henry

Default Cleaning clogged juicer screen

I have a Champion juicer. The holes in the screen get clogged with
material that does not come loose with routine washing, scrubbing or
even soaking. The only thing that seems to work is to clean the
screen hole by hole with a pin--not at all practical.

Does anyone have a better solution? Is there any household product
that will unclog the holes in the juicer screen? I've been unable to
find this addressed anywhere on the Web.

Henry
Charles Demas

In article > ,
Henry > wrote:
>I have a Champion juicer. The holes in the screen get clogged with
>material that does not come loose with routine washing, scrubbing or
>even soaking. The only thing that seems to work is to clean the
>screen hole by hole with a pin--not at all practical.
>
>Does anyone have a better solution? Is there any household product
>that will unclog the holes in the juicer screen? I've been unable to
>find this addressed anywhere on the Web.

Just a guess, no real experience:

Ice or table salt. You might also try baking soda.

Ice works for cleaning garbage dispozers.

Chuck Demas

--
Eat Healthy | _ _ | Nothing would be done at all,
Stay Fit | @ @ | If a man waited to do it so well,
| \___/ | http://world.std.com/~cpd
Jennifer Johnston

I recommend a toothbrush -- I keep one by my sink for the sole purpose of
cleaning my juicer's screen. It works well and makes cleaning a juicer
easy.

Jen

On Sat, 22 May 2004, Henry wrote:

> I have a Champion juicer. The holes in the screen get clogged with
> material that does not come loose with routine washing, scrubbing or
> even soaking. The only thing that seems to work is to clean the
> screen hole by hole with a pin--not at all practical.
>
> Does anyone have a better solution? Is there any household product
> that will unclog the holes in the juicer screen? I've been unable to
> find this addressed anywhere on the Web.
>
> Henry

Member

Indeed, we have had a Champion for years and I just noticed 3/4's of the screen holes plugged.

After trying compressed air, which was of almost no benefit, I grabbed a plumber's brush. These are round wrapped steel bristle brushes that plumbers use to clean the insides of copper pipe fittings. Any hardware store has them.

First, scrub the screen with the brush. The brush wires will penetrate the screen and unplug most of the debris. Then, take the brush and roll in around on the screen; this will force the brush wires into the most stubborn remaining debris. I had about 5 holes that were still plugged after this, and these I simply cleaned with a sewing needle.

Using the plumber's brush to clean the screen should only take about 5 minutes or less.

I joined this forum just to post this information and hopefully it will show-up to anyone doing a Goggle search on Champion juicer plugged clogged screen cleaning.

Last edited by chickenfriend : 27-07-2011 at 04:47 PM

Member

I recommend a toothbrush

http://www.amovos.info/qinp1.jpg[/img]
http://www.amovos.info/qinp2.jpg[/img]
http://www.amovos.info/qinp3.jpg[/img]

On-screen tea scenes: good/bad dogma_i Tea 2 11-01-2010 04:31 PM
OT - screen reformatting? Dan Abel General Cooking 11 19-01-2009 02:00 AM
Clogged Spout Mal from Oz[_1_] Tea 6 20-04-2007 02:17 AM
Clogged Gas jet in oven The Weary Wizard Cooking Equipment 3 23-12-2006 09:01 PM
Help! Isomac grinder clogged! Magnus Danieli Coffee 0 06-04-2004 07:35 PM