Posted to rec.food.equipment

Default universal lid

I saw on one of Alton Brown's shows (Food Network) he recommended a
universal lid (concentric ridges) for pans that don't come with lids.
I specifically need to cover my 1 q saucier (7") and small skillet
(9"). Both these pans are clad stainless if that matters. Since it is
unlikely to be a perfect fit, I'm not willing to pay an All Clad
price for a lid.
What do you recommend?
Does the material matter for a lid?

thanks
Sathyan

Posted to rec.food.equipment
Vox Humana

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I saw on one of Alton Brown's shows (Food Network) he recommended a
> universal lid (concentric ridges) for pans that don't come with lids.
> I specifically need to cover my 1 q saucier (7") and small skillet
> (9"). Both these pans are clad stainless if that matters. Since it is
> unlikely to be a perfect fit, I'm not willing to pay an All Clad
> price for a lid.
> What do you recommend?
> Does the material matter for a lid?

You won't have many choices of universal lids so you will have to take what
you get. I don't think it matters much what is made of as long as it fits
reasonably well. Buy one and try it.

Posted to rec.food.equipment
Cliff Hartle

The lids are about 5 - 6 dollars at Wal-Mart. It's not a big purchase buy
one and see if it works.

oups.com...