Posted to rec.food.equipment
jofftom

Default Vitamix - Oil the Motor?

Hi, I just purchased a vintage Vitamix Vitamatic 500. It cleaned up
great and it runs great, but I noticed the bottom of the base has a
screw with the word "oil" stamped in the metal next to it.

This blender is from the 50's (according to the vitamix web site) and I
cannot find reference to the manual anywhere.

Does anyone know what kind of oil, how much oil and how often to put it
in the bottom of my vitamix machine?

Any help or directions would be GREAT.

Thanks

Joffrey

Posted to rec.food.equipment
Edwin Pawlowski

"jofftom" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know what kind of oil, how much oil and how often to put it
> in the bottom of my vitamix machine?

You can buy suitable motor oil at any hardware store or home center. Two
drops a year is about right.

Posted to rec.food.equipment
jofftom

Thank you much. I think I have a great machine and now I can take
proper care of it too.

Joffrey

Mower motor won't spin Colonel Edmund J. Burke[_13_] General Cooking 0 21-06-2016 02:42 PM
Add Motor to Grape Crusher Ben[_10_] Winemaking 5 26-07-2010 01:25 PM
Motor oil toxic for BBQ? [email protected] Barbecue 10 29-07-2005 05:41 AM
Hog Roaster Motor? ChuckM Barbecue 4 25-02-2004 05:45 PM
looking for 35 lb. cap. rotisserory motor MONTMACH Barbecue 6 16-11-2003 02:45 PM